Votes: 79 79.0%
  • Ansonia by 1-8

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Ansonia by 9-16

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ansonia by 17+

Votes: 4 4.0%

• Total voters
I know that Ansonia is a run heavy team but I thought I heard somewhere that they run the triple option. Is that true? It could create some issues for ML as they haven't seen it all year. It can chew up a lot of time and creates some challenges especially if a team is good at passing at opportune times. The ML defense will need to be at the top of their game.
The ML offense will provide a lot of challenges for the Ansonia defense. The ML line is not the biggest but use their speed, quickness and leverage to their advantage against most opponents. The Flyers run the ball by committee with each RB and the QB with their own strengths. QB Knoff has a strong and accurate arm and the receivers (Hoelscher, Pohlman, Everman, Bruns, Huelsman, Lause, Otte, well you get the idea) will provide a huge test for the Ansonia secondary.
Looking forward to the game. I think it will be close early but the Flyers are a very good second half team. ML 28-6

I know that Ansonia is a run heavy team but I thought I heard somewhere that they run the triple option. Is that true? It could create some issues for ML as they haven't seen it all year. It can chew up a lot of time and creates some challenges especially if a team is good at passing at opportune times. The ML defense will need to be at the top of their game.
The ML offense will provide a lot of challenges for the Ansonia defense. The ML line is not the biggest but use their speed, quickness and leverage to their advantage against most opponents. The Flyers run the ball by committee with each RB and the QB with their own strengths. QB Knoff has a strong and accurate arm and the receivers (Hoelscher, Pohlman, Everman, Bruns, Huelsman, Lause, Otte, well you get the idea) will provide a huge test for the Ansonia secondary.
Looking forward to the game. I think it will be close early but the Flyers are a very good second half team. ML 28-6
Triple option is what the eye tells you, but not what it really is. The Tigers love controlling the ball and chewing that clock and Marion doesn’t have an issue running the ball either so I can see this being a tighter game than what most think if nothing else than neither team won’t have that many possessions.

I don’t think any MAC starting QBs would leave their teams for a Springfield. Plenty of QBs went D1 without the need of transferring somewhere. How many D1 QBs has the WOAC produced?
Right when was the last time any WOAC had a OSU Starting QB that took them to the National Championship let alone multiple

Triple option is what the eye tells you, but not what it really is. The Tigers love controlling the ball and chewing that clock and Marion doesn’t have an issue running the ball either so I can see this being a tighter game than what most think if nothing else than neither team won’t have that many possessions.
I just don't see Ansonia getting enough first downs to control the ball. Marion is also pretty pass heavy compared to other years, so I don't think there will be a shortage of points scored.......by one team

You do know that ML is a 35 point pick?
By some, that is probably correct. But others have Ansonia as the number one team in the state, so who is to say which professional to believe?

It has to be WOAC time, with all those Covington attempts at beating a MAC team in the playoffs and coming up short, it's got to be the Tigers time. The more I think about it, the more convinced I become.

By some, that is probably correct. But others have Ansonia as the number one team in the state, so who is to say which professional to believe?

It has to be WOAC time, with all those Covington attempts at beating a MAC team in the playoffs and coming up short, it's got to be the Tigers time. The more I think about it, the more convinced I become.
Bout time you get 100% on board.

I guess I'm not as confident as other WOAC fans on here. I'd love to see Ansonia make this a competitive game, because they do have a great team this year. To make it to the Regional Finals is quite an accomplishment. If they can keep this from getting to a running clock, I'll be impressed.

Watched their game with St Henry last night and I did come away impressed with their o line and their defense. But.. there's a big jump from St Henry to Marion Local. Does Ansonia have the athletes in practice to emulate the ML qb and receivers? My guess is no. And if you can't prepare for it in practice, it's next to impossible to keep it up in a game. Ansonia will try to control clock and maybe onside kick to attempt to keep the ML offense off the field. I don't think that will work however. Good season Tigers.

Marion Local 35
Ansonia 14

I guess I'm not as confident as other WOAC fans on here. I'd love to see Ansonia make this a competitive game, because they do have a great team this year. To make it to the Regional Finals is quite an accomplishment. If they can keep this from getting to a running clock, I'll be impressed.
I agree, anytime you make it to a regional final game and knock off a MAC school along the way, you have a season to be proud of.

Watched their game with St Henry last night and I did come away impressed with their o line and their defense. But.. there's a big jump from St Henry to Marion Local. Does Ansonia have the athletes in practice to emulate the ML qb and receivers? My guess is no. And if you can't prepare for it in practice, it's next to impossible to keep it up in a game. Ansonia will try to control clock and maybe onside kick to attempt to keep the ML offense off the field. I don't think that will work however. Good season Tigers.

Marion Local 35
Ansonia 14
Watched the game also and ditto what StateChamp 2012 said

I believe the margin of victory that ML will have will directly depend on how much TOP that Ansonia will have. I believe ML passing attack will be too much for the Tigers. However, if the ball is wet and slippery and they each have equal TOP... who knows???

Bradford is back into the conference so Ansonia will have the Roaders week 2 but would love to see it week 1.
so how is the Tigers pass defense? Minster shut down their pass last week..Holding one of the best recievers in the area, Hoelscher to one catch for 2 yards and a total of 72 yards..... you just can't make mistakes against them, they are so good at taking advantage them....

the best way to run the ball against them, is straight at them, tough to get outside against them...

i watched the Ansonia-St Henry game. i am impressed by how they look in the trenches on both sides.. run the ball pretty well. however i think Marion Local is going to have an absolute field day throwing the ball.

Reactions: RBS
so how is the Tigers pass defense? Minster shut down their pass last week..Holding one of the best recievers in the area, Hoelscher to one catch for 2 yards and a total of 72 yards..... you just can't make mistakes against them, they are so good at taking advantage them....

the best way to run the ball against them, is straight at them, tough to get outside against them...
The way you’ll beat the Tigers is throwing it around the yard. Wet turf tonight probably plays in the advantage of the Tigers. They’re really good against the run. St. Henry didn’t really throw all over them like many expected but they did drop a couple balls (wouldn’t have changed the outcome) that Marion probably doesn’t drop. They give up the 4-5 yarders and rally up and tackle and periodically have a lapse and give up the big play but not too often. Have a couple young guys in the secondary that haven’t played in a true varsity setting before the Burg came into town. One gave up a flea flicker trying to come down and play the run, just undisciplined ball. Tigers will need to force a turnover or two no doubt.

Well running it up the middle is what the Tigers do best and Weiss will get another huge workload tonight, the kids an absolute unit. Has 2,500 rushing yards and 40 TDs on the ground this season. The loss of Stammen will hurt but next man up, they moved Reichert from TE to RB to take some load off Weiss and I thought he ran it pretty well. Very physical kid.

i watched the Ansonia-St Henry game. i am impressed by how they look in the trenches on both sides.. run the ball pretty well. however i think Marion Local is going to have an absolute field day throwing the ball.
Will definitely be interesting had a week to prepare, I’m sure Hall went full head first into the pass. Defend it and make them run the ball

I’m really trying to decide if people on here are serious? I understand Ansonia fans have to believe, and I understand the tongue in cheek MAC fans, but are there others that really think the Tigers have a chance?

Some of the logic is Ansonia played Bremen close last year, well the Flyers aren’t the Cardinals; and they just beat MAC powerhouse St Henry, who went 2-6 in the league. I have also heard that there is talk around Ansonia that they are actually glad Marion beat Minster because Ansonia doesn’t think they would have matched up as well with Minster’s athletes???

The Tigers are going to get down early, probably by 2 touchdowns in the first quarter and suddenly their game plan is out the window and that will spell trouble. I am sticking with my 49-0 prediction.

Reactions: RBS
I’m really trying to decide if people on here are serious? I understand Ansonia fans have to believe, and I understand the tongue in cheek MAC fans, but are there others that really think the Tigers have a chance?

Some of the logic is Ansonia played Bremen close last year, well the Flyers aren’t the Cardinals; and they just beat MAC powerhouse St Henry, who went 2-6 in the league. I have also heard that there is talk around Ansonia that they are actually glad Marion beat Minster because Ansonia doesn’t think they would have matched up as well with Minster’s athletes???

The Tigers are going to get down early, probably by 2 touchdowns in the first quarter and suddenly their game plan is out the window and that will spell trouble. I am sticking with my 49-0 prediction.
Well according to many Hank guys that was the best version of their team, still not denying the fact they were 2-6 in league. Nobody from Ansonia said they are glad they don’t have to play Minster. The honest truth is they were happy to play in a regional final yet again. Likely just bulletin board material that someone brought up for ML. Nobody in Ansonia is oblivious of who ML is and why they haven’t lost in years.

No, the game plan does not go out the window, no matter the score I expect Ansonia to stick with the running game regardless of score.

Here’s my logic. A and TV played a close conference game with a 30-22 score. Anna just beat TV in a close game. ML walloped Anna something like 41-7. This game, therefore, is not close.

Looking forward to seeing Ansonia play next week. I was surprised the OHSAA site already has the location in Lima vs PH/Mccomb.
Will have to check that one out unless Celina shocks the world tonite.

Here’s my logic. A and TV played a close conference game with a 30-22 score. Anna just beat TV in a close game. ML walloped Anna something like 41-7. This game, therefore, is not close.
I understand your logic, but remember the Transitive Property of High School Football is not a reliable predictor of future results.