Votes: 79 79.0%
  • Ansonia by 1-8

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Ansonia by 9-16

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ansonia by 17+

Votes: 4 4.0%

• Total voters
Possible rain Fri. night. Limits ML's passing game some turnovers who knows. I remember in 2002 ML played Hardin Nothern a Polar Bear team that struggled against a 7 - 3 Anna team (Anna had lost to a 4 - 6 New Bremen team that year) in the 1st. rd. of the playoffs most people thought including myself Flyers would roll well some bad weather and a well-coached Hardin Northern squad proved otherwise. I expect Flyers to win but posters should not count their chickens before they are hatched.

How did Ansonia get to this point? Did they use all that donated Queen of Hearts money in 2017 to build their football empire?
NIL deals?
They built a new multipurpose training facility with weightroom etc. about 5 years ago, it was already underway before the QOH deal. Coach Hall is a great motivator and the upper classmen have all bought in and train hard in the offseason, they also get after the younger guys and hold them accountable. He brought back Eugene Hoening as an assistant to provide some of the old school toughness. They also have a decent powerlifting team. They are building a culture. The small number of players is something that may be hard to overcome, but they are maximizing their potential. The future looks bright.

I wish I could say that Ansonia can give Marion Local a run for their money, but ultimately I think the Flyers will be too much. It all starts with the injuries for Ansonia and who they have injured in particular. I think their lack of balance on offense also makes it very difficult to beat Marion Local. The Tigers need to be able to pass enough to keep Marion Local honest, and perhaps help, open up the running game. I think that'll be a difficult task. I also have concerns with their pass defense against Marion Local as well. I'll go with:

Marion Local 28
Ansonia 7

Last edited:
Kicked the good teams out of the conference.

Ope...
I mean this is quite hilarious seeing the Cards were having issues competing in the MAC for years and had a meeting disband their entire football program. Bethel and Covington were “kicked” and replaced with Dixie and Shawnee for travel purposes. I know it’s funnier the way you say it but the truth is the truth.

I was totally poking light-heartedly.
We're still having issues competing in the MAC. It's been 35 years since we won the MAC in football. Competing outside of the MAC is a little easier. And I literally mean "a little". Lots of good competition in this area.
NB was never going to disband the football program. That wasn't even in question. NB asked the MAC what the options were. Can we play JV only for a couple of years? Can we leave the MAC in football and stay on in other sports? The MAC said no. So that was that. Had they said "yes", there's no saying NB would have done either of those. Just exploring their options and their decision was simply made for them.

Marion will almost certainly win this game and probably fairly easily.

That said, I think it's wrong that a number of posters seem to get their jollies out of dismissing Ansonia because they're not on Marion's level.

Marion's program is possibly the top program (pound-for-pound) in the entire state. If Ansonia gets beaten decisively on Friday that will not take away from what the Tigers have accomplished. Their schedule is what it is - they have played the opponents on that schedule and defeated all of them.

Sure, Ansonia's program is not on Marion's level, but maybe no one's is at this time.

That said, I think it's wrong that a number of posters seem to get their jollies out of dismissing Ansonia because they're not on Marion's level.

Marion's program is possibly the top program (pound-for-pound) in the entire state. If Ansonia gets beaten decisively on Friday that will not take away from what the Tigers have accomplished. Their schedule is what it is - they have played the opponents on that schedule and defeated all of them.

Sure, Ansonia's program is not on Marion's level, but maybe no one's is at this time.
Agreed, the laughs are apart of it I suppose but when you look at it Marion slaughtered their way through everyone. As I said Marion’s a tall task for anyone including D4-D7 but the Tigers will give it their all. The A Town pride is back in full force and the athletics are on the up and up. Marion has built a dynasty that everyone wishes to achieve. The A Towners fans will be out in full force at Piqua cheering on their Tigers and will be proud of their achievements no matter the outcome. With that being said Let’s Go Tigers.

Agreed, the laughs are apart of it I suppose but when you look at it Marion slaughtered their way through everyone. As I said Marion’s a tall task for anyone including D4-D7 but the Tigers will give it their all. The A Town pride is back in full force and the athletics are on the up and up. Marion has built a dynasty that everyone wishes to achieve. The A Towners fans will be out in full force at Piqua cheering on their Tigers and will be proud of their achievements no matter the outcome. With that being said Let’s Go Tigers.
Marion vary well could have finished 8-2 this year between a miraculous comeback against Wapak and then a 1 point win over Versailles. The Steiners know how to grit it out and win though which makes them who they are.

Marion vary well could have finished 8-2 this year between a miraculous comeback against Wapak and then a 1 point win over Versailles. The Steiners know how to grit it out and win though which makes them who they are.
Also, we’re talking about a D7 that took down a Week 13 D3 that gave Badin everything they could handle. I don’t think it’s unreasonable not guess they could win D5-6-7 this season

Also, we’re talking about a D7 that took down a Week 13 D3 that gave Badin everything they could handle. I don’t think it’s unreasonable not guess they could win D5-6-7 this season
Wapak lost Moyer, their QB, in that game. If he could of played, Wapak may have won the game.

Actually , would it not be more fair to the competition they played to say they could have finished 0-10 this season? Nobody just laid down and accepted the defeat.

Unfortunately for the Flyers, they are facing a team who just like them, faced 13 opponents, and beat everyone of them. They required no heroics in come from behind fashion, they knocked off every team the faced rather decisively. So based on previous results, we can expect a rather big Ansonia lead late in the game, followed by a massive attempt at a comeback from the Flyers. Just how deep a hole they have to climb out of will determine the outcome of this game. If Ansonia can get them to a position of a running clock and shorten the second half that would heavily favor the Tigers chance to escape with a victory.

I think the scoring margin will be determined by how long it takes the Marion D to get control of the Ansonia running game. I can see Ansonia coming out and chewing up a good portion of the 1st quarter clock, which will lead to a fairly close score at halftime. Eventually the Flyers' D will get control and pull away. But if the defense has control of the Ansonia running game right from the start, then it's likely going to get out of hand quickly and be a 28+ point win.

Agree with both of these. One could make a strong argument that Ansonia was the 2nd best D7 team in the state last year, and they've won 13 of 13 this season. No, they aren't MSML but who the hell is?

Last edited:
ML 35 A 14. ML should probably be in D6..... would make for a better tournament in both D6 and D7. D6 is happy to not have ML. A and Minster have a chance this year vs Dalton if ML isn't in D7. ML wins state again, in multiple score fashion games from here on out. Next thread, End of all Division 7 conversation

The WOAC definitely has some talent, has Springfield ever gone into the MAC to poach a QB.

The WOAC definitely has some talent, has Springfield ever gone into the MAC to poach a QB.
I don’t think any MAC starting QBs would leave their teams for a Springfield. Plenty of QBs went D1 without the need of transferring somewhere. How many D1 QBs has the WOAC produced?

Actually , would it not be more fair to the competition they played to say they could have finished 0-10 this season? Nobody just laid down and accepted the defeat.

Unfortunately for the Flyers, they are facing a team who just like them, faced 13 opponents, and beat everyone of them. They required no heroics in come from behind fashion, they knocked off every team the faced rather decisively. So based on previous results, we can expect a rather big Ansonia lead late in the game, followed by a massive attempt at a comeback from the Flyers. Just how deep a hole they have to climb out of will determine the outcome of this game. If Ansonia can get them to a position of a running clock and shorten the second half that would heavily favor the Tigers chance to escape with a victory.
You do know that ML is a 35 point pick?