Votes: 79 79.0%
  • Ansonia by 1-8

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Ansonia by 9-16

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ansonia by 17+

Votes: 4 4.0%

• Total voters
Well from what I seen in another thread the Tigers attempted to schedule New Bremen and were told no. (Week 2 replacing Bradford). Which thread? I don’t remember, maybe the WOAC? TRC? Is it true? I have no idea. Ansonia has opened with Riverside since 2017-18. Even back before the WOAC and TRC existed. With that being said, I believe that agreement “contract” ends after next season. Would love to see St. Henry or St. John’s on the schedule for A Town.
I think Minster has week 2 open, think the series with Graham is done...

Well from what I seen in another thread the Tigers attempted to schedule New Bremen and were told no. (Week 2 replacing Bradford). Which thread? I don’t remember, maybe the WOAC? TRC? Is it true? I have no idea. Ansonia has opened with Riverside since 2017-18. Even back before the WOAC and TRC existed. With that being said, I believe that agreement “contract” ends after next season. Would love to see St. Henry or St. John’s on the schedule for A Town.
Yep

2 time state champion NB is afraid to schedule ansonia.
i think most of us on here want to see Ansonia vs Versailles week 1
Everyone but Ansonia coaches.
I think Minster has week 2 open, think the series with Graham is done...
Thankfully. Graham took so many steps back this yr its a waste of time for Minster

How did Ansonia get to this point? Did they use all that donated Queen of Hearts money in 2017 to build their football empire?
NIL deals?

Interesting thought?
Would Ansonia have the same participation if they knew they were going likely to lose several league games?
Would some MAC schools have more participation if they played in a league that they would likely win most of their league game?

Interesting thought?
Would Ansonia have the same participation if they knew they were going likely to lose several league games?
Would some MAC schools have more participation if they played in a league that they would likely win most of their league game?
Who knows? Marion Local played TCN and Cedarville 1st 2 rds. maybe 30 players per squad. When it comes participation in sports, I think it is based on coaching, and the area the school is located.

Reactions: RBS
Interesting thought?
If Ansonia was in the MAC I would suspect several MAC schools would lose numbers because playing Ansonia would be another guaranteed loss for them. DSJ woulda left, PW would look to leave, FR would cease to exist, and NB never resurfaces as a power because the athletes wouldn't waste their time.

We all talk of Loramie as a good fit, why don't we talk about Ansonia?
I'll tell you why, only CW and MSML would be able to compete with them so why would the MAC wanna add in another juggernaut?

I disagree basically what Kirtland does just run the football. Now Ansonia is not K but if a team is going to beat the Flyers it will be running team that just overpowers the Flyers at the LOS. Problem for Ansonia is they will have a tough time matching up with the Flyers skill players on the outside.
Edit: Want to beat ML do what V did in the 4th qtr. vs the Flyers ran Gehret. Many posters think this Flyers team is so unbeatable, ML is a doink away from losing to Versailles and an onside recovery away from losing to Wapak (another team that was able to run the football vs ML).
And Wapak is D3 school that just lost this past week.

Ansonia problem is they play in a weak conference. Just like when the CCC league was together. You don't get the same competition like the MAC
The narrative that the WOAC is weak is just wrong. Sure the bottom dwellers are horrific but Tri Village just played right with Anna the 4th place finishing Rockets. Sure the MAC is the MAC but let’s not act like the WOAC is awful.

The narrative that the WOAC is weak is just wrong. Sure the bottom dwellers are horrific but Tri Village just played right with Anna the 4th place finishing Rockets. Sure the MAC is the MAC but let’s not act like the WOAC is awful.
So your supporting argument for the WOAC is their second place team 'played right with' with the 5th place MAC team?

Seems legit.

It's no different than the CCC was. That is what I'm saying. It's not that good of a football league. It's the CCC but with a few new teams.

If you compare it to the MAC sure it’s “bad” compare it to the TRC, OHC, etc it’s not so bad.
Ansonia and Tri-Village are good football teams in the big picture and using the MAC in any sort of litmus test would be unrealistic. What you’re saying is completely reasonable in that regard. That said, the rest of the conference (besides Preble Shawnee, perhaps) is so bad that it’s not a stretch to call the conference “horrible” as a whole.

I don't know where Ansonia is, but I feel sorry for them already

Sincerely,

C. Barkley
I would not feel sorry for them, they at one time were part of the MAC, on its southern border, next to Versailles. They may drop the next one, or they may do just fine and stick it to Marion. Remember, Tri Village had little trouble dispatching New Bremen a couple years ago. Just might work in Ansonia's favor that most people expect a MAC winner.