Region 18 Final: Coldwater (12-1) vs Liberty Center (13-0)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They haven’t had any issues in the past broadcasting this game at this site I’ll update as soon as Tiger sports live updates as to wether or not they will be broadcasting but I’m sure they will be
Actually LC Tiger Sports Live did not broadcast at Lima Senior last year vs Coldwater. But Black Swamp Football did.

Yes, our scores have been lopsided but that doesn't mean we haven't been battle tested. Seven of our of opponates this year made the playoffs, just Like the Cavs opponates. Yes, we haven't been punched in the mouth because we won every battle. Yes the MAC is an outstanding conference but the NWOAL has a tough reputation of it's own. Yes, these two teams played a lopsided game last year but that was last year. Both of these teams got a taste of the other but both of these teams are better this year. The players are different but the schemes are the same. I have only heard a little about CW so I can not say much but I have seen LC all year. With Oak Harbor, they had an athlete who was all everything, literally and he required attention. They couldn't run so they had to throw so they got some yards passing. Looked like he was just throwing it up for grabs and the 6'4" receiver on the other side kept out jumping us. I still don't know how he caught a few of them. Either way this game is going to be good. It's going to be close. It's going to depend on who plays the cleaner game in, my opinion. The best team will win who ever that will be.

Yes, our scores have been lopsided but that doesn't mean we haven't been battle tested. Seven of our of opponates this year made the playoffs, just Like the Cavs opponates. Yes, we haven't been punched in the mouth because we won every battle. Yes the MAC is an outstanding conference but the NWOAL has a tough reputation of it's own. Yes, these two teams played a lopsided game last year but that was last year. Both of these teams got a taste of the other but both of these teams are better this year. The players are different but the schemes are the same. I have only heard a little about CW so I can not say much but I have seen LC all year. With Oak Harbor, they had an athlete who was all everything, literally and he required attention. They couldn't run so they had to throw so they got some yards passing. Looked like he was just throwing it up for grabs and the 6'4" receiver on the other side kept out jumping us. I still don't know how he caught a few of them. Either way this game is going to be good. It's going to be close. It's going to depend on who plays the cleaner game in, my opinion. The best team will win who ever that will be.
No for Coldwater the scheme is not the same last year the QB was the main ball carrier this year the QB is maybe 4th in rushing attempts.

So he is a dual threat with 25O0 yards passing?
And maybe a 100 yds or so rushing. The QB is not going to beat too many teams with his feet. However as I have stated before very few teams in Ohio at any level run the spread offense better than Coldwater when it comes to throwing the football. Last year LC faced a Coldwater team with a QB that was playing with a broken leg.

And maybe a 100 yds or so rushing. The QB is not going to beat too many teams with his feet. However as I have stated before very few teams in Ohio at any level run the spread offense better than Coldwater when it comes to throwing the football. Last year LC faced a Coldwater team with a QB that was playing with a broken leg.
Well, I can not lie but I do like to hear that. Liberty has made a living on stopping the run and putting pressure on the QBs. We basically do it with our three down lineman allowing us to drop eight into coverage. I don't doubt that CW has perfected the spread but it will be interesting to see how it work out. I heard he had some interception to go with all those yards too? Turnovers could be a game changer In this one as well. Too many unknown to think about. Could be a track meet on Friday.

15%?

Think about what you are saying. He was less than 15% he has absolutely no business being in a uniform and on the field.
While watching the game I initially had the same thought, why is he out there? He was obviously comprised. Coldwater runs a great program so I presume he got medical clearance, but he wasn't the same player.

As far as this year I look for a one score differential but I'll be darned if I can decide who will end up winning. Nobody disputes the way the MAC prepares teams for the post-season but the spanking LC put on Patrick Henry really opened my eyes.

There are three games left this season and we both are only guaranteed one more but I feel this one should be played in three weeks. I know there are still some good teams out there but this one feels like it should be in Canton.

Part one of the week long series of greatest upsets of all time.

February 22, 1980.

USA vs Russia in the medal round in Olympic hockey.

USA 4.
Russia 3.

If a ragtag group of American amateurs can defeat the professional Red Army then the 6 seeded, 2nd place Cavaliers who were dismantled by a D7 team can at least keep it closer than last year.

Do you believe in miracles?
I do.

Winning team 34.
Non winning team 7.

Last edited:
Coldwater better have the best pass protection in football if there gonna keep LC d line from wrecking havoc on the QB. LC D line is better than last year and that’s hard to say with losing all state Owen Box. Bockleman is the fastest strongest line player I’ve ever seen in highschool if Coldwater single teams him good night Most double or triple team him that leaves room for 1 on 1 with Navarre and Zeiter or Spangler then a Spy linebacker who might rush. It’s a crazy D to block no one has stopped yet

February 22, 1980.

USA 4.
Russia 3.

If a ragtag group of American amateurs can defeat the professional Red Army then the 6 seeded, 2nd place Cavaliers who were dismantled by a D7 team can at least keep it closer than last year.

I do.

Winning team 34.
Non winning team 7.
Got the winning power ball or 50/50 ticket number I can have ?

That's what I'm thinking as well I feel like coldwater is more battle tested. I understand LC is a good team but looking at the scores they haven't had a close game or had anybody punch them in the mouth it would be interesting to see how they handle this game because going forward it doesn't get any easier. You're not going to be blowing anybody out like they have recently definitely should be a good ball game
I saw LC play vs. OH, and several times last year...I think they are the kind of team that wants to have someone punch them in the mouth so they can counter back with some hardnosed stuff. I honestly think they deep down enjoy the physicality. It's fun to watch

February 22, 1980.

USA 4.
Russia 3.

I do.

Winning team 34.
Non winning team 7.
Make sure you say the rosary every day this week and maybe just maybe that miracle will happen doubtful but maybe.

These Division V Regional Finals are all absolute high school football fan's dreams. Great matchups between quality football teams and programs. Coldwater vs. Liberty Center is no exception. In 2022, Coldwater and Liberty Center met one game earlier in the Regional Semi-Finals. LC took care of the Cavs 34-0, in convincing fashion. In this game in particular, I think LC is probably the favorite to win. Drew Pasteur has LC as a 7 point favorite which basically means these teams are very even. For some reason, I just have a feeling this is one of "those" games where Coldwater gets up to play for, is extremely fundamental, well coached, and finds a way to get it done late in the 4th Quarter. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm going with:

Coldwater 35
Liberty Center 28

There are three games left this season and we both are only guaranteed one more but I feel this one should be played in three weeks. I know there are still some good teams out there but this one feels like it should be in Canton.
Don't get 'over your skis' too far. There are definitely some 'good' teams out there. IF they beat CW, LC would have to play lights out to beat either Perry or South Range. (you remember them)

I don't care which side you're rooting for...if anyone thinks it's going to be a blowout either way, you're either just trying to get folks riled up or you're just plain clueless. Liberty Center gave up a lot of yards thru the air last week, which isn't good heading into a Coldwater game with a QB who throws the ball all over. On the other hand, the LC defense is probably the that LC has seen in years...maybe never this good.

I don't see Coldwater being able to run the ball much at all, but guess they'll get their yards a few scores thru the air. The question will be can Coldwater stop the LC run game. I think the LC run game will outscore (barely) the Coldwater passing game.

BOTH of these teams are on a mission....and both teams will very much be "up" for this game...both teams hit hard....both teams are well coached, etc., etc. etc....Good luck to both teams and hope that one of these two will be the eventual state champs!

Marion Local threw the ball against Coldwater, was the run shut down enough that they had to throw or were they able to use the threat of running to set up their passes?

I know. And now Little Old Liberty Center is gonna have to play them. I hope the LC kids get off the bus. Coldwater plays in the MAC. LC doesn't have a chance. We are happy we made it this far.
Coldwater played in the MAC last year too, but that didn't mean anything when they ran into LC last Season 🤣 Should be a good one either way.

Besides the normal score predictions and smack talk I'd like to see a break down of personnel (grade, height, weight, stats) on both sides of the ball for both teams. Anyone care to share??

Don't get 'over your skis' too far. There are definitely some 'good' teams out there. IF they beat CW, LC would have to play lights out to beat either Perry or South Range. (you remember them)
If LC wins this week, they will look forward to either one. We are not afraid of playing anyone. Personally, I would like to see SR again. It seems we have some unfinished business to address with them. To be the best you have to beat the best. One game at a time and the next game is Friday in Lima.

Coldwater better have the best pass protection in football if there gonna keep LC d line from wrecking havoc on the QB. LC D line is better than last year and that’s hard to say with losing all state Owen Box. Bockleman is the fastest strongest line player I’ve ever seen in highschool if Coldwater single teams him good night Most double or triple team him that leaves room for 1 on 1 with Navarre and Zeiter or Spangler then a Spy linebacker who might rush. It’s a crazy D to block no one has stopped yet
Just wow. Sounds like LC is a gorilla with a chainsaw for a . ;)

1699906550728.png