Poll: Will there be a 2020 HS Football season in Ohio?

Will there be a football season

• Yes

Votes: 123 36.6%
  • No

Votes: 96 28.6%
  • Yes, but altered either in length or time of year

Votes: 117 34.8%

• Total voters
So, the altered season seems to be winning the poll, with "Yes" close behind. If limited, how many games does a team need to play in order to have a legitimate playoff? Will 5 games suffice? Or, are playoff out for this year?

The study says it’s “unclear” the role of child transmission in the spread of the contagion.
Lots of things remain unclear about the COVID
What is said here is after 1 million or so cases not one has shown to be passed from an Asymptomatic child to an adult. After a million or so "repeated test" thats damn near a fact

The “study” which Bloomberg reported on came from Dontforgetthebubbles.com. lol

It’s based on data from China and is couched with numerous misleading or nebulous statements. Hardly scientifically accurate. And bluntly, they try to downplay some reality - babies have died from the virus. Kids have died from the virus. Adults have died from the virus. It’s not just old people or those with underlying medical problems. Worse, those underlying medical conditions are not always KNOWN. Many are unknown until the virus kills you.

Always enlightening to know who throws life or death to the wind while clamoring to play a game. Gotta love those priorities.

The “study” which Bloomberg reported on came from Dontforgetthebubbles.com. lol

It’s based on data from China and is couched with numerous misleading or nebulous statements. Hardly scientifically accurate. And bluntly, they try to downplay some reality - babies have died from the virus. Kids have died from the virus. Adults have died from the virus. It’s not just old people or those with underlying medical problems. Worse, those underlying medical conditions are not always KNOWN. Many are unknown until the virus kills you.

Always enlightening to know who throws life or death to the wind while clamoring to play a game. Gotta love those priorities.

OK so you believe Acton's #'s and modeling and lack of awareness to back up from it. Thats your right. Lets take the average of what I don't believe what what you don't believe. Hows that?

As of this mornings number, and that is with social distancing, masks, protective gear, etc, Ohio has 17,303 cases and counting with LIMITED testing, 3,421 currently hospitalized and 937 deaths in just 2 months. By all means let’s get back to normal and let the virus rip.

Last edited:
If polls are right, we would have a Clinton in the White House. I know everyone that I come into contact with wants DeWine to open things up. If wearing a mask is a must so be it. Tomorrow I am doing a soffit job in Canton with one other worker. We will be 24 ft in the air. Should I wear a mask? I feel we have an over reaction to this virus. I am educated on all the numbers and I think it will be no worse than the influenza we take for granted now. JMHO

If polls are right, we would have a Clinton in the White House. I know everyone that I come into contact with wants DeWine to open things up. If wearing a mask is a must so be it. Tomorrow I am doing a soffit job in Canton with one other worker. We will be 24 ft in the air. Should I wear a mask?
Well...if you fall off the lift they will say you died of the ChinaVirus...lol

So, the altered season seems to be winning the poll, with "Yes" close behind. If limited, how many games does a team need to play in order to have a legitimate playoff? Will 5 games suffice? Or, are playoff out for this year?
I guess go back to the AP poll after the regular season to declare champs. I want to say it but not today.

If polls are right, we would have a Clinton in the White House. I know everyone that I come into contact with wants DeWine to open things up. If wearing a mask is a must so be it. Tomorrow I am doing a soffit job in Canton with one other worker. We will be 24 ft in the air. Should I wear a mask? I feel we have an over reaction to this virus. I am educated on all the numbers and I think it will be no worse than the influenza we take for granted now. JMHO

If you are educated about this virus you would know the answer w/out having to be told.

Yes, if I was 24' in the air or 240' I would wear a mask if a co-worker was in my face. If 24' apart then no. That's just me. And no I'm not as "afraid of the virus" as I am maxing my $5k deductible, being laid up a few weeks, or infecting others, for no good reason.

Btw, how do I keep these damn birds out of my open soffits? (On pavillion and back deck rafters). Any tricks of the trade besides netting everything?

Last edited:
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Laugh all you want, but that is fact. Social media gives immediate response and voice to something. You or I don't have like it or dislike it. Overwhelmingly Dewine is being shouted down on social media, on just about every decision he makes. Just remember, if Twitter was so laughable then every politician, including the President, wouldn't tweet multiple times a day.

Laugh all you want, but that is fact. Social media gives immediate response and voice to something. You or I don't have like it or dislike it. Overwhelmingly Dewine is being shouted down on social media, on just about every decision he makes. Just remember, if Twitter was so laughable then every politician, including the President, wouldn't tweet multiple times a day.
Can you shout someone down if they aren't listening to you?

If polls are right, we would have a Clinton in the White House.I know everyone that I come into contact with wants DeWine to open things up. If wearing a mask is a must so be it. Tomorrow I am doing a soffit job in Canton with one other worker. We will be 24 ft in the air. Should I wear a mask? I feel we have an over reaction to this virus. I am educated on all the numbers and I think it will be no worse than the influenza we take for granted now. JMHO
This is not even close to being an applicable analogy. Electoral college decides the election.

If you are educated about this virus you would know the answer w/out having to be told.

Yes, if I was 24' in the air or 240' I would wear a mask if a co-worker was in my face. If 24' apart then no. That's just me. And no I'm not as "afraid of the virus" as I am maxing my $5k deductible, being laid up a few weeks, or infecting others, for no good reason.

Btw, how do I keep these damn birds out of my open soffits? (On pavillion and back deck rafters). Any tricks of the trade besides netting everything?

Fix your soffits. Squirrels are the main culprits. What I am repairing tomorrow is squirrel damage. Aluminum works but I would not count on that. Obviously if they are getting into your attic you have holes that need repaired. estimates are free and so is advice. PM me I work in Massillon when needed. I will be on ladders and a walkboard. I will not wear a mask as my helper will be on the ground.

As of this mornings number, and that is with social distancing, masks, protective gear, etc, Ohio has 17,303 cases and counting with LIMITED testing, 3,421 currently hospitalized and 937 deaths in just 2 months. By all means let’s get back to normal and let the virus rip.
You mean .0014% of Ohio, .00029% of Ohio and .00008% of Ohio? In just 2 whole months? Yeah I'd say it's time to start heading back to normal. You don't have to join us. No one is making you. Oh and I guarantee the cases are way higher and the deaths actually caused by the virus itself are way lower.

You mean .0014% of Ohio, .00029% of Ohio and .00008% of Ohio? In just 2 whole months? Yeah I'd say it's time to start heading back to normal. You don't have to join us. No one is making you. Oh and I guarantee the cases are way higher and the deaths actually caused by the virus itself are way lower.

Meh. And 7 trillion dollars ago terrorists killed .000009% of the population. We can play w/ numbers all day. The number would have been untold times bigger whether you believe it or not.

There actually is a good point in there (no doubt unintended) about how little we do regard actual health actual environmental and actual safety concerns that actually do kill hundreds of thousands every year.

Can someone help me out about this--what does a shortened or altered season accomplish? The question is are we ok with having games/practices without a vaccine or not? If the answer is yes--then have a season. Play the games. If the answer is no--then cancel the season. I don't think delaying it or altering it does any good at all.

Can someone help me out about this--what does a shortened or altered season accomplish? The question is are we ok with having games/practices without a vaccine or not? If the answer is yes--then have a season. Play the games. If the answer is no--then cancel the season. I don't think delaying it or altering it does any good at all.
I don’t believe there will be a shortened season at all. I think it will start on time (seems highly unlikely at this point) or the whole season will be delayed until after the new year.

This is not even close to being an applicable analogy. Electoral college decides the election.

I thought the polls said Clinton would win heavily before the election. I know we go on electorate votes after the public has voted. But the popular public polls had Clinton winning. I laugh when I see her face when she had to acknowledge that she lost in the electorate vote. She was overconfident!

I don't think that it would be very feasible for the football season to be delayed until 2021, unless you have every other football season from that point forward in the spring. Having spring football, and turning around and doing football in the fall does not seem feasible IMO.

But with events in August being cancelled, things are a little shaky, not gonna lie. Let's hope that the situation gets better come summertime. And a couple of companies are working on a vaccine that if it's done and produced by September, will change the game for sure. This situation changes so rapidly, day by day, week by week.

With the information that we have in front of us at the present, and new info that will come out as time passes, this still has to be taken seriously.

No matter what the statistics are on deaths and infections, we are in this for the long haul, and have to take necessary precautions. Look at what's happening in New Zealand, Australia, Taiwan, South Korea. They're doing everything that is needed to slow the spread, and have been kicking this virus' butt. Out there, things are going to return to a new normal sooner, rather than later.

If they can do that, then so can the United States. We all have to do our part. And the sooner we do THAT, the sooner we can get back to a new normal.

If anyone watched our glorious leader today and believes in his tremendous knowledge and foreshadowing. This plaque that was never known and just magically happened will be completely be behind us by memorial day. Everything will be back to normal and the economy back, and exploding like rocket ship going off straight up. His words. Everyone have faith in his wonderful, tremendous, magnificent wisdom. I'll be watching ever so intensely to the information being sent from the true and all correct FOX news network. All hail the mighty Trumpturd!!!

Breaking news! Trumpturds storm Michigan capital building today. High powered assault weapons! Is Ohio next? Lawyer makers wearing bullet proof jackets. All hell's breaking loose!

Fauci said this morning that IF they have a vaccine that is SAFE and Effective ( Remdesivir is just getting started with tests) that he sees that vaccine ready and available in January. Everyone thinks that parents will LET their kids play without a vaccine, not to mention worry that junior will infect them or grandpa. Facing a potential life or death choice, I don’t see many playing under that situation if games are allowed, which I doubt. Schools become a breeding ground for the virus, so I don’t see that happening either until a vaccine, with 1st semester online again. And, as I expect, with things loosening up, there will be a recurrence of the virus without a vaccine, bringing a second wave of more death, hospitalization or just being very sick. Verdict - hope all you want, but no h.s. Football this year unless later after a viable vaccine.

I was looking at our Trumbull County. 200,000 people live here, and a grand total of 31 deaths.