Poll: Will there be a 2020 HS Football season in Ohio?

Will there be a football season

• Yes

Votes: 123 36.6%
  • No

Votes: 96 28.6%
  • Yes, but altered either in length or time of year

Votes: 117 34.8%

• Total voters
The Lt Gov explained today, this ends when the virus is defeated. What that means, and what he did not say, is that this ends when we have a vaccine.
Did not hear that today but is a continuation of the lie they perpetrated on Ohioans..."Flatten the curve and don't overwhelm the hospitals."

We have done exactly that!

That I won't take. And others won't either. So no end in sight ever?
Herd immunity is effective at somewhere between 80 - 95%. So not everybody has to be vaccinated for it to work.

I'll get it. Just like I got smallpox, polio, TB, etc.

Herd immunity is effective at somewhere between 80 - 95%. So not everybody has to be vaccinated for it to work.

I'll get it. Just like I got smallpox, polio, TB, etc.
Not sure covid is the same as any of those diseases.

If you want a look at what’s to come. Today Vermont recorded no new cases. There Republican Governor still won’t open the state. Saying he needs to see a trend and doesn’t want it to spike back up? It will never end.

If you want a look at what’s to come. Today Vermont recorded no new cases. There Republican Governor still won’t open the state. Saying he needs to see a trend and doesn’t want it to spike back up? It will never end.
Thats incorrect some workplaces in vermont reopened and farmers markets in that state will reopen friday so that was a false statement, we need to be more optimistic, Right now there still will be a football season, so we need to stop speculating until there is an official word

Thats incorrect some workplaces in vermont reopened and farmers markets in that state will reopen friday so that was a false statement, we need to be more optimistic, Right now there still will be a football season, so we need to stop speculating until there is an official word
There SHOULD be a HS football season. Not sure there will be. Dewine disappointed me Monday.

i would say based on many leagues canceling original July plans, and ceremonies and other big gatherings being delayed until at least September, things look grim. Tom Brady isn’t even allowed to practice with his trainer and Gronk in a park ?

i would say based on many leagues canceling original July plans, and ceremonies and other big gatherings being delayed until at least September, things look grim. Tom Brady isn’t even allowed to practice with his trainer and Gronk in a park ?
That coupled with our governors recent actions and his overall attitude towards the pandemic so far leave certainly worries about this season

Whoever said that there is "overwhelming support" for how DeWine and similarly-minded governors have handled this and that there is a "vocal minority" who wants to get everything back up and running must obviously not be living in the real world. From what I'm hearing, people in MI and OH are vocally disapproving this approach in any way they can, and if people's reactions to Gavin Newsom in CA are any indication (both in person and on social media), people are REALLY getting restless, and have lost all faith in the "experts." Because of this, economic and political pressures are going to FORCE people like DeWine and Newsom to open back up sooner rather than later. And also, as I've said the entire time, because of the timeline, I will be SHOCKED if we do not have football on its normal schedule at the HS, College, and Pro levels this fall (whether or not fans are included, however, is much harder to determine...).

Whoever said that there is "overwhelming support" for how DeWine and similarly-minded governors have handled this and that there is a "vocal minority" who wants to get everything back up and running must obviously not be living in the real world. From what I'm hearing, people in MI and OH are vocally disapproving this approach in any way they can, and if people's reactions to Gavin Newsom in CA are any indication (both in person and on social media), people are REALLY getting restless, and have lost all faith in the "experts." Because of this, economic and political pressures are going to FORCE people like DeWine and Newsom to open back up sooner rather than later. And also, as I've said the entire time, because of the timeline, I will be SHOCKED if we do not have football on its normal schedule at the HS, College, and Pro levels this fall (whether or not fans are included, however, is much harder to determine...).
The Governors daughter lost her election in Greene county says something to me about the public's feelings

The public “protests” against closing things down shows their real colors -

protesters carry signs for anti abortion, gun rights, anti immigrants, anti science, anti Democrats, etc. Carrying assault rifles and lacking masks while not practicing social distancing, they are exposing themselves for what they are - extremists. Polling locks up 85% approval of DeWines action. Schools are in favor of his actions. Hospitals favor his stance. Safety forces line up with the governor. Parents are o.k. with it. Many business are still open and operating .

What pressure is on DeWine ? He is currently the toast of the town.

Where is DeWine failing (per vocal minority) versus the federal guidelines for reopening, per the White House? Just asking. Potus seems to play every angle and I can’t keep track. Thanks in advance.

Where is DeWine failing (per vocal minority) versus the federal guidelines for reopening, per the White House? Just asking. Potus seems to play every angle and I can’t keep track. Thanks in advance.
Admittedly it's all confusing state and fed both. But the Federal guidelines outline after 14 days of declines what each step is, here in Ohio everything is that much more uncertain. I don't believe that our state leadership will allow us to go the federal route because they risk losing their control. And I understand the good and bad of that. But give us a goal to reach when we can completely open again

Oh, well, then you must be right.

Whoever said that there is "overwhelming support" for how DeWine and similarly-minded governors have handled this and that there is a "vocal minority" who wants to get everything back up and running must obviously not be living in the real world.
In a poll published this week by Baldwin-Wallace University, 85% of Ohioans responded that they approve of Governor Mike DeWine's handling of the COVID-19 pandemic. The poll was conducted last week. (Question 13, Page 17 of the poll.)

56% of respondents that identified their voter registration as "Republican" believe that Gov. DeWine is handling the COVID-19 pandemic better than Donald Trump. 67.5% of respondents that identified the population density where they reside as "Rural" believe that Gov. DeWine is handling the COVID-19 pandemic better than Donald Trump. (Question 15, Page 18 of the poll.)

The poll can be found here: https://www.bw.edu/Assets/community-research-institute/04-2020_ohio_poll release.pdf

Why would 2 weeks make a difference ?

Because everything is getting pushed back. If we have football the start date will be much later than years past. It's not like it's only a 2 week difference. We will have to see what happens, but i'm telling if we have football the game schedule will be effected. Lets pray for the best. jmo

protesters carry signs for anti abortion, gun rights, anti immigrants, anti science, anti Democrats, etc. Carrying assault rifles and lacking masks while not practicing social distancing, they are exposing themselves for what they are - extremists. Polling locks up 85% approval of DeWines action. Schools are in favor of his actions. Hospitals favor his stance. Safety forces line up with the governor. Parents are o.k. with it. Many business are still open and operating .

Parents are not going to be okay with it this Fall, I can assure you. They will want their kids in school, physically. Teachers, hospital workers, safety forces and everyone else okay with this for now, are only okay because they still have jobs. When the jobs are lost and the government money starts to trickle, nearly everyone will want the precautions lifted.

Read the comments on twitter. He is anything but the toast of the town. People are fed up with just about every aspect of him at this point.

Parents are not going to be okay with it this Fall, I can assure you. They will want their kids in school, physically. Teachers, hospital workers, safety forces and everyone else okay with this for now, are only okay because they still have jobs. When the jobs are lost and the government money starts to trickle, nearly everyone will want the precautions lifted.
Exactly, you are 100% correct. There are no parents that I know that are OK with this. If Dewine keeps talking about blended or remote learning in June/July and the numbers continue to be minimal,or even subside, then the pressure will be immense from the populace to reopen the schools.

In a poll published this week by Baldwin-Wallace University, 85% of Ohioans responded that they approve of Governor Mike DeWine's handling of the COVID-19 pandemic. The poll was conducted last week. (Question 13, Page 17 of the poll.)

56% of respondents that identified their voter registration as "Republican" believe that Gov. DeWine is handling the COVID-19 pandemic better than Donald Trump. 67.5% of respondents that identified the population density where they reside as "Rural" believe that Gov. DeWine is handling the COVID-19 pandemic better than Donald Trump. (Question 15, Page 18 of the poll.)

The poll can be found here: https://www.bw.edu/Assets/community-research-institute/04-2020_ohio_poll release.pdf
I wouldn't consider a total of 677 people saying they approve that Dewine is representative of all of Ohio. Read any comments on any social media account and it is overwhelmingly the opposite opinion.

These polls are always misleading in that you don't get any information on where they were taken. What community, age group, economic base was asked? Have their employment been effected by Dewines decisions? Do any of them have kids affected by the remote learning situation? If they were mostly retirement age then yes, they would be supportive.

I always get a chuckle when people complain about polls. Usually it’s because the poll goes against their position. The reality is polls are a fairly accurate snapshot. Famously, politicans complain about polls , yet they spend millions of dollars of their campaign money on internal or campaign polls trying to see what their canvassing shows. They don’t like professional firms doing them , but they can’t help themselves from doing their own . lol. Results are usually very much the same.

As for complaints on the internet, what’s new ? We are well aware of the lies, fraud, misleading statements and outright criminal activity on the internet. A reputable source is always necessary. Expecting a good football team from not playing pales when it goes against life or death choices. A vaccine is the only cure for the problem and that is widely seen by both many R and D governors. The virus doesn’t give a crap about football, but it does love crowds, people playing contact sports, pileups, huddles, sideline players groups and refs in penalty discussions. Given the 85% poll approval of DeWine in his position, until polls show a solid majority against him on this, without a vaccine or with a threat of a second wave , he will prevail.