Poll: Will there be a 2020 HS Football season in Ohio?

Will there be a football season

• Yes

Votes: 123 36.6%
  • No

Votes: 96 28.6%
  • Yes, but altered either in length or time of year

Votes: 117 34.8%

• Total voters
Can’t even handle how hilariously uneducated people sound on here.

Look, schools are already sending emails out to teachers dictating
A. Create lessons to prepare for virtual learning this fall
B. Graduations planned in July will be cancelled

Even worse, sure, it’s soccer, but France’s Ligue 1 was cancelled and all sports are banned until mid-September. We will see this begin a domino effect with other countries and a place hit harder, the United States, will have to follow suit to cover es regardless of the situation.

“well that’ssawker! Boys can suit up in September!” It’s not that easy. Everyone will be delayed for the sake of injury prevention. That’s if they can play again.

The biggest disaster is with colleges, almost all have announced 20% paycuts and furloughs and as everyone said, no students this fall in classes means unbelievable loss of money to campuses...not sports being the sole loss.

“They’ll play in Texas, Georgia..” they have forums just like Yappi “Texas 6AFootball Forums” with threads that look more negative and dire than ours.

WAKE UP
English Premier League is going to start play with the governments backing, Spanish La Liga is going to start training and hopes to start gsmes by early June, German Bundesliga is ready to go also. Its easy to cherrypick some tidbits of info to try and get your point across.

Teachers are going to have a plan IF they need to do remote learning again. It would be idiotic not to. It does not mean that it will happen.

Whose graduation is being canceled in July? As far as I know all the Seniors graduating this year do so in May/June. Pretty sure their still getting their diplomas.

I agree with you on the college stuff. If there aren't any students or sports they are going to suffer. I still think the big schools will figure out a way. We still have 3-4 months until football season.

The Texas forums are filled with doomsdayers just like this one. Some people thrive off of chaos and misery. Not everyone wants or needs to live in fear. The simple fact remains that .0002% of the population have had deaths attributed to this virus. Attributed to and not directly caused by, that number would be much lower. You are right, I think everyone needs to WAKE UP.

Can’t even handle how hilariously uneducated people sound on here.

Look, schools are already sending emails out to teachers dictating
A. Create lessons to prepare for virtual learning this fall
B. Graduations planned in July will be cancelled

Even worse, sure, it’s soccer, but France’s Ligue 1 was cancelled and all sports are banned until mid-September. We will see this begin a domino effect with other countries and a place hit harder, the United States, will have to follow suit to cover es regardless of the situation.

“well that’ssawker! Boys can suit up in September!” It’s not that easy. Everyone will be delayed for the sake of injury prevention. That’s if they can play again.

The biggest disaster is with colleges, almost all have announced 20% paycuts and furloughs and as everyone said, no students this fall in classes means unbelievable loss of money to campuses...not sports being the sole loss.

“They’ll play in Texas, Georgia..” they have forums just like Yappi “Texas 6AFootball Forums” with threads that look more negative and dire than ours.

WAKE UP
Don’t try to use common sense with some of these people.

Dr. Anthony Fauci in an interview with the New York Times less than 2 hours ago stated that organized team sports at all levels may not happen in 2020. Fauci fears the the reemergence of the Covid-19 virus coupled with the flu could spell disaster this fall and winter. This is the first high level official firing the first warning shot across the bow.

Dr. Anthony Fauci in an interview with the New York Times less than 2 hours ago stated that organized team sports at all levels may not happen in 2020. Fauci fears the the reemergence of the Covid-19 virus coupled with the flu could spell disaster this fall and winter. This is the first high level official firing the first warning shot across the bow.
Can't stand Fauci. He is soft. Also been wrong on a lot of things. Put your stock into this guy, and you will lose

I believe that now that Faucis days are now numbered as far as telling the country what they can and can not do as his hands are dirty in this whole thing. The Newsweek article sheds light coupled with the fact that he is in bed with Gates and the WHO on global vaccinations makes anything he says obvious fear mongering to line his pockets. He can sound calm and reassuring and grandfatherly but it is actually pretty evil when you stop and think about it.

No, No, No, No, etc.... That is the answer to the poll. My opinion will not change. And I realize that it is worth a hill of beans. But that is ok. I'm using common sense. Which as many people know, truly lacks across the US and the globe.
We will be lucky to have school in buildings at all next year, let alone sports. Especially when flu season hits as well as corona will have never left us.
And I will say that I hope that I have to eat an entire large vat of crow. (notice that I wrote vat and not bat- no pun intended). I would be extremely happy to be going to HS football this fall as well as back to school.

Money talks in professional business, not students and student athletes.

Graduation CEREMONIES are cancelled, a lot of schools giving false hope in July, in email directly to teachers, "not happening"

Graduation CEREMONIES are cancelled, a lot of schools giving false hope in July, in email directly to teachers, "not happening"
If money talks, then why is our economy shutdowm? People are so damn brainwashed over the media hype of this Covid-19 bs

Money talks in regards to sports comment, yeah, maybe we'll see NFL.

Someone mentioned earlier EPL and Bundesliga coming back...uh, not looking like it anymore. Articles published today saying EPL players don't want to, Germany already delaying...again. Germany can't afford to look bad being next door to France. UK will follow suit, US will follow UK.

Again, I don't see anything being played besides NFL, but again, that's a stretch. A lot of players with families as much as they want to get paid, don't want to risk it.

Only one solution = VACCINE

I never voted for or supported DeWine, but he is correct about handling the virus. Polls show overwhelming support for his position. People are currently weighing life or death choices and not resuming business as usual. We have a small vocal minority making a scene that will not change the reality. Even when everything is opened up, probably in a few weeks, it’s not going to be as before. Lots of businesses going under because most of their clientele won’t freely return, even when allowed to. Families, short of having a vaccine ,don’t want the kids bringing the virus home from school to infect them or the grandparents. No one is filling up stadiums. It’s over for a while. DeWine fully understands this. Common sense will trump foolish ideas. Yet, we will have to endure the silliness of the clueless till the problem is cured.

Sorry but $$$ talks. I think you and I know that. By the fall, it'll be business as usual.
Lots of prayers are needed for that to happen. The good thing is that many people are PRAYING for many things regarding this horrible pandemic and what it has done to lives as well as the economy.

I never voted for or supported DeWine, but he is correct about handling the virus. Polls show overwhelming support for his position. People are currently weighing life or death choices and not resuming business as usual. We have a small vocal minority making a scene that will not change the reality. Even when everything is opened up, probably in a few weeks, it’s not going to be as before. Lots of businesses going under because most of their clientele won’t freely return, even when allowed to. Families, short of having a vaccine ,don’t want the kids bringing the virus home from school to infect them or the grandparents. No one is filling up stadiums. It’s over for a while. DeWine fully understands this. Common sense will trump foolish ideas. Yet, we will have to endure the silliness of the clueless till the problem is cured.
I agree. Thank God it is a minority of people that either don't get it, or refuse to believe it and are in denial.

You're not paying attention. DeWine has told us that everything will not be open in a few weeks.

Didn't dewine just say schools could hold graduation ceremonies if they have a plan for social distancing? I thought I saw that on my news feed.

We can't live in fear of a virus forever. Life needs to move on. He is wrong.

There are a lot of things that are going to change in the next two months, but DeWine has shown nothing that makes me believe he wants schools open in the fall or sports to be played. The end goal keeps changing, first it was lower the curve and keep hospitals from overflowing. Now its masks and testing. I'm sure they will come up with a something new by June. There is less then 0% chance there are Ohio High school sports this year. Its amazing what he is doing to the kids of this state when its been proven all over the world that they literally have nothing to worry about. What I am worried about is keep kids away from each other for 6 plus months and then getting them back together. Do you know what kind of sickness they are going to pass around because they haven't been around other kids. At some point something is going to have to be done before the future of Ohio is a pile of nothing.

There are a lot of things that are going to change in the next two months, but DeWine has shown nothing that makes me believe he wants schools open in the fall or sports to be played. The end goal keeps changing, first it was lower the curve and keep hospitals from overflowing. Now its masks and testing. I'm sure they will come up with a something new by June. There is less then 0% chance there are Ohio High school sports this year. Its amazing what he is doing to the kids of this state when its been proven all over the world that they literally have nothing to worry about. What I am worried about is keep kids away from each other for 6 plus months and then getting them back together. Do you know what kind of sickness they are going to pass around because they haven't been around other kids. At some point something is going to have to be done before the future of Ohio is a pile of nothing.
Kids are getting together today. Friends houses. Parks. Parking lots. grocery stores. Especially now that the weather is getting better. These are kids that can drive or can go out unsupervised. Easier to keep the little ones under your thumb I suppose. But even then I see groups of kids shagging flies on baseball fields around town.

Dewine is kidding himself if he thinks people are going to follow this much longer. We know who is most at risk. We need to protect them. The rest of us should be able to get on with our lives.

Didn't dewine just say schools could hold graduation ceremonies if they have a plan for social distancing? I thought I saw that on my news feed.

The Ohio Department of Health and the Ohio Department of Education is issuing guidelines to the state’s 612 school districts about graduations. Virtual graduation ceremonies are preferred. He said schools can also hold drive-in ceremonies where students drive to a designated location at a designated time to get their diplomas. The third option is an event with 10 people or less at a time, who are socially distanced, where a graduate can receive his or her diploma.

The Ohio Department of Health and the Ohio Department of Education is issuing guidelines to the state’s 612 school districts about graduations. Virtual graduation ceremonies are preferred. He said schools can also hold drive-in ceremonies where students drive to a designated location at a designated time to get their diplomas. The third option is an event with 10 people or less at a time, who are socially distanced, where a graduate can receive his or her diploma.
Perrysburg High School is doing graduation so their students can walk the stage.

They can do what we did for us baseball players at graduation my senior year.
Marched in.
Did the National Anthem, maybe a prayer, i forget.
Called the Senior baseball players to line up on the track.
Received our diploma's and then took off for BP for our baseball game that day.
5 minutes, tops!

Everyone needs to stop being pessimistic, we are still 4 months away, we will have football

I thought you weren't coming back on here since people were making predictions based off how this has been handled thus far. And as of now, the only people having talks about HS sports returning is OHSAA. The OHSAA will not be the ones making the call. No season

I thought you weren't coming back on here since people were making predictions based off how this has been handled thus far. And as of now, the only people having talks about HS sports returning is OHSAA. The OHSAA will not be the ones making the call. No season
How do you know? you are not an oracle neither am I

That's not true.

Agreed.

The Lt Gov explained today, this ends when the virus is defeated. What that means, and what he did not say, is that this ends when we have a vaccine.