PAC 2023

I still haven't heard a solid reason for the PAC to expand
Since we're all about expanding in the PAC (and since I thank the Good Lord for the elastic they've started putting in pants after all the holiday food!), what are the best places to eat in each of the current PAC locations? Doesn't matter - Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner.

Early favorites for me are breakfast at Mrs J's in Orrville, skip lunch, then dinner at Boca Grande just south of Canal Fulton.

Since we're all about expanding in the PAC (and since I thank the Good Lord for the elastic they've started putting in pants after all the holiday food!), what are the best places to eat in each of the current PAC locations? Doesn't matter - Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner.

Early favorites for me are breakfast at Mrs J's in Orrville, skip lunch, then dinner at Boca Grande just south of Canal Fulton.
Spuds Tavern fried chicken & fish in Bowdil aka North Lawrence on Alabama Avenue.

Technically it's in the City of Massillon but John George's double trouble subs, Greek salad, and pasta salad from the deli. John George's just has a general attitude of tuffness at this fine Macedonian American owned convenient store and drive thru. There's a picture of Earle Bruce up behind the cash register. I drop by for obscure Eastern European beer and cheap cigars along with the subs, salads and other unique food finds.

Boca Grande is good. I miss the old par 3 short golf course around the corner from Boca off High Mill. That area of Jackson has a PAC vibe to it. Lol.

Last edited:

I have never understood the love affair some people have with Mrs J’s. I always thought people only went there because there aren’t really any other locally-owned breakfast options in Orrville. Always kind of meh for me, but to each their own.

I have never understood the love affair some people have with Mrs J’s. I always thought people only went there because there aren’t really any other locally-owned breakfast options in Orrville. Always kind of meh for me, but to each their own.
Thats the draw for me. Walk in, grab a seat, tell them what you want, watch eggs get cracked, smell the bacon, hear the toast pop up, then eat and go. About as basic as it comes. Takes the Mrs longer to find a streaming show to watch at night than it does for me to get in & out of there in morning.

Old fart moment- Its probably also because there used to be dozens of places like it (ie - Village Dutchman in Dalton ) and now there’s not.

Takes the Mrs longer to find a streaming show to watch at night than it does for me to get in & out of there in morning.

The Watcher
The Sinner
Marty Byrde and his Ozark Empire
Tulsa King
Jamie Dutton, Esquire, of Yellowstone vs Beth Dutton
Dirty John
Virgin River - because Mel Monroe is hot
Somebody Feed Phil

Can Tuslaw get a City of Massillon exemption on restaurants? There's like no businesses in Mustang Country. It makes Marlington look booming.

Triway should be allowed a Wooster exemption, too. Almost a similar situation.

The Watcher
The Sinner
Tulsa King
Jamie Dutton, Esquire, of Yellowstone
Dirty John
Somebody Feed Phil

Can Tuslaw get a City of Massillon exemption on restaurants? There's like no businesses in Mustang Country. It makes Marlington look booming.

Triway can’t have Wooster AND Shreve! That’d be like me dating Halle Berry & my wife. ;)

30 pages in this thread.
A reason for Stizo to post.
The only reason for me to post is to lay some knowledge down on all of you. As of now, my sources have gone on radio silence so I have nothing for any of you. Be sure that when I do that I will because I am always spot on.

The Watcher
The Sinner
Tulsa King
Jamie Dutton, Esquire, of Yellowstone vs Beth Dutton
Dirty John
Somebody Feed Phil

No restaurants in Tuslaw? The disrespect for the Sons of Herman here is appalling.

No restaurants in Tuslaw? The disrespect for the Sons of Herman here is appalling.
Sons definitely has some good grub, but think we were shooting for more "open to the public" spots. ;)

If private clubs are eligible then there's going to be a ton of entries from Cuyahoga Falls/Portage Lakes area.

ORRVILLE

Michael's Bakery (you're welcome). But really, if you're looking for the best pregame dinner, I would say Jerry's. They're a little slow (can't go there during lunch and expect to get back to work by 1:30), but the food keeps them in business. The burgers are great. And you get free popcorn. I don't live in Orrville, but have worked there for 14 years. Que Pasa is #2 on my list (no pun intended). It's a Mexican restaurant that named a menu item (#39) after my former boss. But they need to work on their grammar... they sent us a draft of the new menu that had a mistake, we informed them, and they had to reprint all their menus.

TRIWAY

Can we please claim Wooster instead of Shreve? Shreve really only has 1 place you can sit down and eat, and the restaurant owner complained to our baseball coach (the late Sean Carmichael) that we TP'd his house & property with 526 rolls. Something about how all the TP that ran off his house due to the rain ended up clogging his septic system, and he had to cancel a party the next day. (And yes, we had so much TP left over, we TP'd the entire house itself)

If we're stuck with Shreve, then just order carry-out from Shreve Pizza Parlor. But if you're game personnel, you're probably getting that anyway via AD hospitality.

If we get Wooster... man, there are so many Subways and Jimmy Johns to choose from! But if you really want the best sub in town, make sure to call an hour (+) ahead and order Hero House. Just hope you don't get cabin fever waiting in the drive-thru pickup line out in the middle of the street or in the alley... one way in, one way out. Pro tip: The first time you pull up to the drive thru window at the time they told you your order would be ready, it will not be ready. They go by the time on their clocks, not the same time everyone else in the world uses. So plan on being about 3-5 minutes late. It'll save you having to drive around the block and get back in line. Seinfeld has the Soup Nazi. Hero House has the Clock Nazi. All joking... the subs are great!

The most popular pizza is Coccia House. Their sit-down service is slow. After COVID, they've gotten much better at half-baked take-home pizzas. It's hit-or-miss if their sitdown dining is a thing anymore. But I'm not a huge fan, so maybe they're back to normal.

My favorite restaurant in Wooster right now is probably Muddy's, because I love big, greasy burgers that ensure my wife lives longer than me. If you're rich, go to The City Square. Best restaurant in town.

TUSLAW

I know it's not food, but we Wayne County folks are enamored with the Marathon gas station at the intersection of 93 & 172 - best prices in all of Northeast Ohio, it seems - so we stop there for gas whenever we play @ Tuslaw. Seriously, we plan our weekly gas fill-ups around it. And so we might as well just pick up a pre-packaged sub, a Monster, and a KitKat while we're at it.

Last edited:
Sons definitely has some good grub, but think we were shooting for more "open to the public" spots. ;)

If private clubs are eligible then there's going to be a ton of entries from Cuyahoga Falls/Portage Lakes area.
While it is technically a “private club”, the yearly membership is $20 and you will more than make up for it within a few visits after they leave half of the items you ordered off of your bill. Not to mention it is cheaper to eat there than buying your own groceries most of the time.

Orrville: Michael's Bakery (you're welcome). But really, if you're looking for the best pregame dinner, I would say Jerry's. They're a little slow (can't go there during lunch and expect to get back to work by 1:30), but the food keeps them in business. The burgers are great. And you get free popcorn. I don't live in Orrville, but have worked there for 14 years. Que Pasa is #2 on my list (no pun intended). It's a Mexican restaurant that named a menu item (#39) after my former boss. But they need to work on their grammar... they sent us a draft of the new menu that had a mistake, we informed them, and they had to reprint all their menus.

Triway: Can we please claim Wooster instead of Shreve? Shreve really only has 1 place you can sit down and eat, and the restaurant owner complained to our baseball coach (the late Sean Carmichael) that we TP'd his house & property with 526 rolls. Something about how all the TP that ran off his house due to the rain ended up clogging his septic system, and he had to cancel a party the next day.

If we're stuck with Shreve, then just order carry-out from Shreve Pizza Parlor. But if you're game personnel, you're probably getting that anyway via AD hospitality.

If we get Wooster... man, there are so many Subways and Jimmy Johns to choose from! But if you really want the best sub in town, make sure to call an hour (+) ahead and order Hero House. Just hope you don't get cabin fever waiting in the drive-thru pickup line out in the middle of the street or in the alley... one way in, one way out. Pro tip: The first time you pull up to the drive thru window at the time they told you your order would be ready, it will not be ready. They go by the time on their clocks, not the same time everyone else in the world uses. So plan on being about 3-5 minutes late. It'll save you having to drive around the block and get back in line. Seinfeld has the Soup Nazi. Hero House has the Clock Nazi. All joking... the subs are great!

The most popular pizza is Coccia House. Their sit-down service is slow. After COVID, they've gotten much better at half-baked take-home pizzas. It's hit-or-miss if sitdown dining is a thing anymore. But I'm not a huge fan, so maybe they're back to normal.

My favorite restaurant in Wooster right now is probably Muddy's, because I love big, greasy burgers that ensure my wife lives longer than me. If you're rich, go to The City Square. Best restaurant in town.
As usual, PIT nails it. I wanted Triway not to be able to use Wooster strictly because of Hero House. Think they call it a "life hack" but when we get subs there I usually find a place to park and walk in to get them. I also call the order in. Nothing like eating one SUPER fresh & hot in the car so when I get home I can eat like a civilized human being in front of the Mrs.

Also, well played on Michaels. I left off my earlier post about Mrs J's that part of my part of my love for their breakfast is that you can pound some eggs, fried taters & bacon and then grab "dessert" on the way back to your vehicle.

Next time you make it to Canal Fulton - check out Miller Doan Tavern. Great burgers, unique cut fries, my wife always get the Tavern House Salad with Blackened chicken and it's always super fresh! Prices aren't bad either! Best part, it is right next to Oser's which will be freshly renovated and reopened by next football season so you can grab a giant ice cream cone after your dinner before you head up to the stadium!

When coming to a game a CVCA there are plenty of established chain eateries in the area but do yourself a favor and stop into Bacchus Lounge on State road. It is literally right by the school. There are actually 2 restaurants in the same building. The front door is Russos and you can get some nicer fine dining Italian food. The back door entrance is to The Bacchus Lounge. Very good creole style food and literally the best hamburger I have ever had. Its easy to miss it but if you go, you will probably fine a way to get there every year.

When coming to a game a CVCA there are plenty of established chain eateries in the area but do yourself a favor and stop into Bacchus Lounge on State road. It is literally right by the school. There are actually 2 restaurants in the same building. The front door is Russos and you can get some nicer fine dining Italian food. The back door entrance is to The Bacchus Lounge. Very good creole style food and literally the best hamburger I have ever had. Its easy to miss it but if you go, you will probably fine a way to get there every year.
Sounds delicious! Is this better for those seated in my vacinity at the game than Skyline Chili?

Too many Fairless restaurants have succumbed to the Ring of Fire.

RIP Newt's Place, LuMinko's, Colucci's, Porrini's.

Why are you people always so ambiguous on an anonymous high school sports forum? What's the point? Is the administration come down to Manchester Tavern and take care of you for spoiling their special surprise?
My guess it is for the "I knew it!" post after the decision is public. You can't do that if you actually make a prediction beforehand.

I do the same thing at work on Monday when they talk about who won a golf tournament. "I knew ___ was going to win. He's so good at that course." (not having a thimbleful of knowledge on it)

The only reason for me to post is to lay some knowledge down on all of you. As of now, my sources have gone on radio silence so I have nothing for any of you. Be sure that when I do that I will because I am always spot on.
Is Doylestown the mystery new PAC member who will replace CVCA and wow us all?

Why are you people always so ambiguous on an anonymous high school sports forum? What's the point? Is the administration come down to Manchester Tavern and take care of you for spoiling their special surprise?
This place is full of jamokes who seriously get some sort of pleasure in acting like they have info on this kind of stuff... Like what kind of sad existence do you live that being the most in the know person on Yappi is a goal.