Ohio Cardinal Conference

Let us not use Lexington as a measuring stick for Mansfield's future.
The offense in general has been up and down 41, 42, 0, 7, 21, 41. They put up 7 total points against the 2 best opponents and then 21 on N.P with a solid defense. They had some opportunities against WH and didn't capitalize. If they can work out those kinks and be able to move the chains consistently they will be a contender in Region 10. Athletically they are there, execution they are not.

The offense in general has been up and down 41, 42, 0, 7, 21, 41. They put up 7 total points against the 2 best opponents and then 21 on N.P with a solid defense. They had some opportunities against WH and didn't capitalize. If they can work out those kinks and be able to move the chains consistently they will be a contender in Region 10. Athletically they are there, execution they are not.
Execution and discipline have been words included in discussions about them this season.

Pretty safe picks again this week.. The only competitive game should be Sr and Ashland!

New Philly over Madison (35 - 0)
- I don't have hope for Madison until Mt Vernon week

West Holmes over Lex (56 - 7)
- Running Clock game

Wooster over Mt Vernon (48 - 7)
- Running Clock game

Mansfield Senior over Ashland (28 - 20)
- Game of the week! Always seems to be a close game but I could see Mansfield blowing it open with their talent. This would be a huge upset if Ashland wins

Pretty safe picks again this week.. The only competitive game should be Sr and Ashland!

New Philly over Madison (35 - 0)
- I don't have hope for Madison until Mt Vernon week

West Holmes over Lex (56 - 7)
- Running Clock game

Wooster over Mt Vernon (48 - 7)
- Running Clock game

Mansfield Senior over Ashland (28 - 20)
- Game of the week! Always seems to be a close game but I could see Mansfield blowing it open with their talent. This would be a huge upset if Ashland wins
Definitely a "get right" week for Wooster.

As for Ashland-Sr, it seems like the game could be close. But just 3 weeks ago NP held them to 7 points and Madison & MV will make anyone's offense looked "healthy". Other than the 2 games against top ranked teams in D2 & D4 (ie - not "normal" teams), Senior is giving up 10 pts a game. If Senior can score, this might be a running clock in the 3rd quarter.

Last edited:
Definitely a "get right" week for Wooster.

As for Ashland-Sr, it seems like the game could be close. But just 3 weeks ago NP held them to 7 points and Madison & MV will make anyone's offense looked "healthy". Other than the 2 games against top ranked teams in D2 & D4 ("normal" teams), Senior is giving up 10 pts a game. If Senior can score, this might be a running clock in the 3rd quarter.

I still think Wooster is one of the top 3, trying to figure out where New Philly fits in??

I agree on the Sr Defense, for Ashland to have a chance they will have to keep it close like the New Philly game but capitalize on the scoring opportunities, i doubt they will get many. If Ashland wins its a close, lower scoring game, but Sr could blow it open quick

The 4 teams Ashland (4-2) has beaten to this point in the season have a combined record of only 4 wins and 20 loses. Those Ashland faithful should be very careful on their chest pounding. I understand supporting your kids, the program, etc. But these players, parents, and coaches acting like they did something special last night by beating a team that is truly in rebuilding phase is laughable. All one would have to do is sit on the Madison side to see over 20+ former Ashland players (one might of been Ashland's current AD's son, lmao) who came back to support Valentine. Not too mention maybe a hundred other folks, many parents of kids who played for Valentine and Seder, all supporting Valentine. It says everything you need to know about these two coaches. If the Madison faithful can buy into Valentines system and give it a couple years, you will see the impact He will make on your program and these young athletes lives outside of just football.
I will say this in regard to Valentine and Madison. Ashland went 1-20 in the two years before Valentine took over, his first year at Ashland they went 6-4 and lost a few of those game by one score. I'm not sure where Ashland would have been in the early years had Valentine gone 0-10 or 1-9 in that first year vs 6-4. In fact Ashland only had 1 losing season in the first 10 years of Valentine as a coach and it was the year after they went to the Final 4 and the following year they went 11-2. I'm not saying Valentine can't right the ship at Madison, but at some point you have to start winning games. Football more and more is about learning how to win games, and for a team that hasn't won a lot of football games in the past 10 years, its really hard to build a winning culture when your not winning.

As for Ashland fan's supporting Valentine, of course they are. The man brought something to Ashland that most never dreamed of. Years and years of great football, playoffs, OCC Championships and a State final 4. He is an Ashlander and always will be. I'm not sure why that's hard to believe people will still support him even at a different school.

Once again, Mansfield Senior’s defense rose to the occasion with its last-second, fourth-quarter goal line stand to preserve a 27-20 win over Ashland

Let’s not overlook, however, the fact that the Tygers have a very reliable field goal kicker in Sean Putt, who is getting a ton of interest from Division III colleges in the state and who makes head coach Chioke Bradley’s decision-making somewhat easier in tight ball games when the offensive is sputtering

His two field goals provided the winning margin in the game.

It's Week 8 Already! :banana: We almost had an upset last week but my arrows fell short as time expired! All the other games were blow outs.. I see more of the same this week.

Mansfield over Wooster (35 - 14)
- Game of the week! Best chance for an upset anyway. Close game 1st half, Sr takes over in the 3rd

West Holmes over Ashland (49 - 14)
- Running Clock game.. West Holmes is just too good right now and it's at their place so i expect zero calls going to the A's

New Philly over Lexington (21 - 7)
- New philly not having much Offense could keep this game close

Madison over Mt Vernon (28 - 7)
- Battle of the bottom feeders! :stirthepot: Jokes aside, my old ball coach will finally get a win this week! If Madison somehow botches this one, they're going 0-fer for the year

Last edited:
It's Week 8 Already! :banana: We almost had an upset last week but my arrows fell short as time expired! All the other games were blow outs.. I see more of the same this week.

Mansfield over Wooster (35 - 14)
- Game of the week! Best chance for an upset anyway. Close game 1st half, Sr takes over in the 3rd

West Holmes over Ashland (49 - 14)
- Running Clock game.. West Holmes is just too good right now and it's at their place so i expect zero calls going to the A's

New Philly over Lexington (21 - 7)
- New philly not having much Offense could keep this game close

Madison over Mt Vernon (28 - 7)
- Battle of the bottom feeders! :stirthepot: My old ball coach will finally get a win this week! If Madison somehow botches this one, they're going 0-fer for the year
Mansfield SR over Wooster 28-7. If Wooster can limit big plays it might be closer.
WH over Ashland 35-14. WH better not look ahead.
New Philly over Lexington 28-14. Lexington learns how to use their freshman TE/WR it could be close.
Madison over Mt Vernon 35-7. Everyone getting scores on Mt Vernon.

Still impressed by the fact Mansfield's Qb went 2-10 for 17 yards against Ashland. Mansfield better find a way to get the passing game going or there wont be much of a post season run.

Still impressed by the fact Mansfield's Qb went 2-10 for 17 yards against Ashland. Mansfield better find a way to get the passing game going or there wont be much of a post season run.
A QB goes 2-10 with 17yds and you are impressed? I suppose they did throw for 12yds in a game the season they were state runner-up.

After 7 weeks who are the front runners for offensive and defensive player of the year as well as coach of the year? Would love to see an area leader board for OCC stats is their anything out there?

After 7 weeks who are the front runners for offensive and defensive player of the year as well as coach of the year? Would love to see an area leader board for OCC stats is their anything out there?
I'd love to see an OCC stats leaderboard! Offense and Defense

West Holmes/Mansfield should take the honors for players of the year - Dixon and Bradley?

West Holmes should for coach of the year as well if they're undefeated

those are the only real options i see unless something crazy happens, like ashland wins out.. (beating west holmes/wooster/lex) which is not likely lol

West Holmes and Mansfield had the most talent so they met expectations imo. Ashland and Lex were the only outside chances to upset things coming off losing seasons but I don't see it happening. Both should finish around .500

Mt Vernon and Madison have been the most surprising/disappointing for me

West Holmes/Mansfield should take the honors for players of the year - Dixon and Bradley?

those are the only real options i see unless something crazy happens, like ashland wins out.. (beating west holmes/wooster/lex) which is not likely lol

West Holmes and Mansfield had the most talent so they met expectations imo. Ashland and Lex were the only outside chances to upset things coming off losing seasons but I don't see it happening. Both should finish around .500

The OH report shares area stat leaders every Thursday so these were from Week 6. Week 7 will be out 10/6/22
QB
WH Mason Wolfe - 78/108 1571 yds 18 TD's
SR Duke Reese - 64/123 1037 yds 9 TD's

WR:
WH Kyle Maltarich - 27 - 623 11 TD's
AA Jonathan Metzger - 33 - 560 7 TD's
SR Amarr Davis - 21 - 482 5 TD's
AA Landon McFrederick - 36 - 465 3 TD's

RB
No OCC back noted

I cant find any defensive stats anywhere...

I could argue New Philly has the best defense in the league but by far the worst offense. I wasn't at the game against Madison but I heard parents are disgusted with the biddy league offense. The head coach is in way over his head and continues to try to fit a square peg in a round hole and won't make any adjustments.

This Philly team with just an average offense or with an established head coach would be 6-1 and play a competitive game against West Holmes. Instead it wouldn't suprise me if they lost to a bad Lexington team at home, get clocked by WH and lose and get shut out by a down Dover team who's recently got hit with the injury bug. Head coach better change his stripes or NP football will go back to the dark days before Dennison took over.

I could argue New Philly has the best defense in the league but by far the worst offense. I wasn't at the game against Madison but I heard parents are disgusted with the biddy league offense. The head coach is in way over his head and continues to try to fit a square peg in a round hole and won't make any adjustments.

This Philly team with just an average offense or with an established head coach would be 6-1 and play a competitive game against West Holmes. Instead it wouldn't suprise me if they lost to a bad Lexington team at home, get clocked by WH and lose and get shut out by a down Dover team who's recently got hit with the injury bug. Head coach better change his stripes or NP football will go back to the dark days before Dennison took over.
They had 7 turnovers and scored 21 points. That's like Cleveland Browns level except they didn't lose!

As a Dover fan I wholeheartedly support Phila returning their football program to caving to the parents like the rest of that school district does. Not that it really mattered that much as Dover still has dominated the rivalry the last 3 decades…

As a Dover fan I wholeheartedly support Phila returning their football program to caving to the parents like the rest of that school district does. Not that it really mattered that much as Dover still has dominated the rivalry the last 3 decades…
If someone is trying to relay the idea that their own school sports programs are not heavily influenced by the parents in 2022, specially when they are .500 or below, they are a fool..

If someone is trying to relay the idea that their own school sports programs are not heavily influenced by the parents in 2022, specially when they are .500 or below, they are a fool..
The culture Dan Ifft has built at Dover speaks for itself. haha Get your shots in at a program that has dealt with injuries and lost back to back OT games to Canfield and Columbus De Sales...

The culture Dan Ifft has built at Dover speaks for itself. haha Get your shots in at a program that has dealt with injuries and lost back to back OT games to Canfield and Columbus De Sales...
I took not shots at any program. My remarks were directed at a fool who thinks every school's parents are not influential when things fall beneath traditional expectations.

Mansfield SR over Wooster 28-7. If Wooster can limit big plays it might be closer.
WH over Ashland 35-14. WH better not look ahead.
New Philly over Lexington 28-14. Lexington learns how to use their freshman TE/WR it could be close.
Madison over Mt Vernon 35-7. Everyone getting scores on Mt Vernon.
I feel Mans and Woo could be a tight game.
WH big over Ash
Like the Woo game, Lex at NP could be a toss up or a blowout. The freshman is learning how to play.
Madison players need this win over MV, so I hope they get it in exciting fashion at home.

Mansfield Sr. vs Wooster- This game could be close but I'll take the TYgers 28-14.

West Holmes vs Ashland- The Knights will win big 42-14 over the Arrows.

New Philadelphia vs Lexington- Lexington has a punchers chance in this one. But I will have to go with the Quakers defense 21-7.

Madison vs Mt. Vernon- The Rams should win this game. It might be close, Madison 24-14 over the Yellow Jackets.

Mansfield Sr. vs Wooster- This game could be close but I'll take the TYgers 28-14.

West Holmes vs Ashland- The Knights will win big 42-14 over the Arrows.

New Philadelphia vs Lexington- Lexington has a punchers chance in this one. But I will have to go with the Quakers defense 21-7.

Madison vs Mt. Vernon- The Rams should win this game. It might be close, Madison 24-14 over the Yellow Jackets.
These are the exact same scores I have predicted as well😂