Ohio Cardinal Conference

*Good food?
Good series to correct the typo, not food ha ha.

Missed a fumble recovery by WH on a backwards pass directly after the kick off. WH put 21 pts on the board in roughly 3-4 minutes. All 3 turnovers about half way through the second quarter.

Good series to correct the typo, not food ha ha.

Missed a fumble recovery by WH on a backwards pass directly after the kick off. WH put 21 pts on the board in roughly 3-4 minutes. All 3 turnovers about half way through the second quarter.
Just messing with you. Nice to see somebody else make a typo. I thought I had a monopoly on that.

Mansfield Sr. @ Madison. - the TYgers 42-7.
Lexington @ Ashland - The Arrows 27-14.
West Holmes @ Mt. Vernon - the Knights name the score 56-0.
Villa Angela St. Joe's @ Wooster- earlier in the season I might have gave the Generals a shot but now I'll say VASJ 30-13.

The end of the Regular season is here already!! OCC play won't be too exciting this week.. but the playoffs are pretty much set :banana:

OCC Picks
Mansfield over Madison (45-7)

- I was hoping Madison would pull of a win last week.. they'll go 1-9 and I don't see much hope for next season. This game could be closer if Sr. calls off the dogs prepping for playoffs.

West Holmes over Mt Vernon (63 - 0)
- Running Clock game to start 3rd qtr.. WH might rest Sam Dixon? I feel bad for MT Vernon at this point

Ashland over Lex (27 - 14)
- This game could be a blowout or nail biter. The Ashland Offense is either on fire or sputtering. It looks like Ashland is in the #14 spot win or lose? Lex needs a win for playoffs

VASJ over Wooster (35 - 21)
- I don't know a lot about VASJ except they beat lake catholic last week.. Ashland won last week and played one of it's worst games so I'm not sure Wooster will hold up this week, they'll miss the playoffs with a loss as well

Dover over New Philly (28-17)
Game of the week
! It's not an OCC game but it's a bitter rivalry! I've praised the New Philly defense all year but I don't think they can beat Dover with their offense.

Playoff Predictions:
West Holmes - #3/4 Region 14.
I see them as a Final Four team. It will come down to them and Glenville for me, Perkins could be trouble too
Mansfield - #4 Region 10. Should win the first 2 at least, Elite 8 type team?? Region 10 is weak
Ashland - #14 Region 6. I'm an Ashland homer but this region is stacked! I don't see Ashland competing with the top 5 teams.. Ashland just doesn't have division 2 talent, wish they were still in Region 10
New Philly - #15/16 Region 9. This is a tough Division 3 Region, unfortunately if New Philly plays Chardon or Canfield I think they get blown out.
Lex - #16 Region 10. I've said I think this region is weak overall. After seeing perkins beat up to tiffin, they could have a punchers chance but unlikely

The end of the Regular season is here already!! OCC play won't be too exciting this week.. but the playoffs are pretty much set :banana:

OCC Picks
Mansfield over Madison (45-7)

- I was hoping Madison would pull of a win last week.. they'll go 1-9 and I don't see much hope for next season. This game could be closer if Sr. calls off the dogs prepping for playoffs.

West Holmes over Mt Vernon (63 - 0)
- Running Clock game to start 3rd qtr.. WH might rest Sam Dixon? I feel bad for MT Vernon at this point

Ashland over Lex (27 - 14)
- This game could be a blowout or nail biter. The Ashland Offense is either on fire or sputtering. It looks like Ashland is in the #14 spot win or lose? Lex needs a win for playoffs

VASJ over Wooster (35 - 21)
- I don't know a lot about VASJ except they beat lake catholic last week.. Ashland won last week and played one of it's worst games so I'm not sure Wooster will hold up this week, they'll miss the playoffs with a loss as well

Dover over New Philly (28-17)
Game of the week
! It's not an OCC game but it's a bitter rivalry! I've praised the New Philly defense all year but I don't think they can beat Dover with their offense.

Playoff Predictions:
West Holmes - #3/4 Region 14.
I see them as a Final Four team. It will come down to them and Glenville for me, Perkins could be trouble too
Mansfield - #4 Region 10. Should win the first 2 at least, Elite 8 type team?? Region 10 is weak
Ashland - #14 Region 6. I'm an Ashland homer but this region is stacked! I don't see Ashland competing with the top 5 teams.. Ashland just doesn't have division 2 talent, wish they were still in Region 10
New Philly - #15/16 Region 9. This is a tough Division 3 Region, unfortunately if New Philly plays Chardon or Canfield I think they get blown out.
Lex - #16 Region 10. I've said I think this region is weak overall. After seeing perkins beat up to tiffin, they could have a punchers chance but unlikely
Kind of crazy that Drew has WH ranked #14 overall and they may have the 3 or 4 seed in their region. All you can do is beat the team in front of you. If you have state title aspirations got to beat them all anyways.

Kind of crazy that Drew has WH ranked #14 overall and they may have the 3 or 4 seed in their region. All you can do is beat the team in front of you. If you have state title aspirations got to beat them all anyways.
It is but they’re playing a “neighborhood” non-league schedule (Orrville & Triway) and OCC did not help them at all. If they do end up 4 just means we could get to see Knights v Tarblooders a week earlier

It is but they’re playing a “neighborhood” non-league schedule (Orrville & Triway) and OCC did not help them at all. If they do end up 4 just means we could get to see Knights v Tarblooders a week earlier
Triways QB getting hurt didn't help. Orrville has probably picked up some slack beating CVCA and Canton South. Holy Name vs Elyria Catholic seems to be the game to keep an eye on next week.

What do you mean Drew has them #14 overall? They are in region 14 but Drew has them ranked as the top team in D4 football.

Triways QB getting hurt didn't help. Orrville has probably picked up some slack beating CVCA and Canton South. Holy Name vs Elyria Catholic seems to be the game to keep an eye on next week.
Orrville has turned it around recently but they’ll combine with Triway to end up around 10-10.

Doesn’t hurt them as bad this year, but if WH was still D3 like last year would have been even worse.

Orrville has turned it around recently but they’ll combine with Triway to end up around 10-10.

Doesn’t hurt them as bad this year, but if WH was still D3 like last year would have been even worse.
Bigger difference is the school size. Glenville only has 5 teams on their schedule with winning records and Elyria Cath only has 4. But when WH takes their non-league games and schedules schools smaller then them it can make a differences between a #2 seed and a #4.
But they probably had good ticket sales since they played close schools with history.

I don't look for WH Dixion to play at all this Friday, he's ding up a little they try need to rest him, other starters will probably only play a half, there's some other guys need to be rested and get healed up

Bigger difference is the school size. Glenville only has 5 teams on their schedule with winning records and Elyria Cath only has 4. But when WH takes their non-league games and schedules schools smaller then them it can make a differences between a #2 seed and a #4.
But they probably had good ticket sales since they played close schools with history.
Absolutely. Also great point on the gates playing local rivals.

I'm not a math guy, will leave that up to Joe and Drew ha ha, but but WH L1 is the highest and L2 the second highest in the region. I think having teams like Mt Vernon, Madison, Lexington, that are not great football schools, at least recently, have a larger impact. Of course the OOC could be better but historically Orrville has been very competitive and Triway has had some good teams over the years as well.

End of the day it doesn't matter what seed you get you have to beat them all anyways. OHSAA seeding is not always indicative of the actual strength of a team. Norton being an example as Region 10's #1 seed and winning a close one to the #16 seed and then losing the next week 28-0.

I'm not a math guy, will leave that up to Joe and Drew ha ha, but but WH L1 is the highest and L2 the second highest in the region. I think having teams like Mt Vernon, Madison, Lexington, that are not great football schools, at least recently, have a larger impact. Of course the OOC could be better but historically Orrville has been very competitive and Triway has had some good teams over the years as well.

End of the day it doesn't matter what seed you get you have to beat them all anyways. OHSAA seeding is not always indicative of the actual strength of a team. Norton being an example as Region 10's #1 seed and winning a close one to the #16 seed and then losing the next week 28-0.
Last year WH had the highest L1 and L2 in the region as well and was the #2 seed. There are all kinds of variables and reasons why teams and their opponents do not have a complete schedule, but the L2 divisor is the only difference for the last 2 years.

West Holmes is currently the 2 seed in their D4 region (14), and would have been the 1 seed if still in D3 (Region 10). Not sure why people are concerned with their computer points?

West Holmes is currently the 2 seed in their D4 region (14), and would have been the 1 seed if still in D3 (Region 10). Not sure why people are concerned with their computer points?
Because there is a massive difference in being the 2-3 seed and the 4 seed....and they could win this week and still drop back to the 4 seed.

Whoa! That is nuts. Had not seen that but great catch.

Now that I look at it d3r10 is…not great. The current top 4 of d4r14 would all be #1. Crazy