Ohio Cardinal Conference

Lol ok see what it looks like in a couple years when all the badass wrestlers that place at state every year are upper class men, see if they grew up on participation trophies… few teams in this league forfeited mid game in JH for safety reasons vs them
HaHaHaHa. I have known some high school state champion wrestlers but badass is not what I would call them. Great wrestlers in my opinion in HS and college, but not badass. I'm glad MV has had some successful youth wrestling experiences, but thinking a youth wrestling medal translates into championship football is usually the start of the problem we were discussing. As you said, we shall see in a few years if you can break the cycle.

I think we found one of those MV parents who will kill the culture...

Here's the difference. 2019 West Holmes was starting lots of underclassmen with sophomores and freshmen put into key positions because of injuries to key upperclassmen players (QB, RB, #1 Receiver). They weren't getting rolled by people by the end, they showed signs of life through out the season (leading league champion Wooster at half, losing some last second games). WH sophomores and freshmen were learning how to win. MV (the biggest school in the league by far by the way...) is not showing signs of life. Culture/development wins, not lower level success (which by the way all MV has done is have a bunch of pee wee coaches keep the pee wee mentality of giving the ball to the biggest kid which will never work at the varsity level) There is obviously a lack of culture from the top down at MV. Those peewee mentality parents (aka ringworm) will eat the new coaching staff alive as their is no support above them. They can build all the new buildings they want until it changes up top coaches are doomed there.

Furthermore (I could go all day on MV, the largest school in the league unable to compete) in 2020 when they could control their nonleague during the covid year after they were bounced from the playoffs they scheduled 3 easy wins which is definitely what that program needed. But then when it came time to play their league game vs. league champ West Holmes who ended a deep playoff run the week before MV suddenly didn't want to play football anymore. Why not go test yourself and get better? That is just one small example of the lack of leadership and having zero concept of what it takes. The HC there who just left was doing a great job with having zero support above him, glad he got out alive from that mess.

Also connect the dots to former blue blood program Ashland's decent back to mediocrity and who the leader of MV is. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Mount Vernon's main mistake in football was letting Justin Todd walk after one year because of stupid stuff. They promised him stuff to get him out of Loudonville and then didn't deliver. The bigger question is why hasen't Mount Vernon been able to really compete in anything since they joined the OCC. Outside of Softball they haven't even made a dent into competing in the OCC.

Mount Vernon's main mistake in football was letting Justin Todd walk after one year because of stupid stuff. They promised him stuff to get him out of Loudonville and then didn't deliver. The bigger question is why hasen't Mount Vernon been able to really compete in anything since they joined the OCC. Outside of Softball they haven't even made a dent into competing in the OCC.
Not to mention the largest school in the OCC does not even have a 7th grade team.

Not to mention the largest school in the OCC does not even have a 7th grade team.
This might be the most damning thing you could say about any public school above the D5 level. Not even 20 boys who want to play football?Might be the saddest thing I’ve heard today…oh wait, Browns are on. Make that the 2nd saddest.

Ashland dominates Madison 49-14. Ashland Defense only allowed 106 total yards and 7pts. Seems like Madison got out coached and out played.
Madison's offense probably had more to do with them only getting 106 total yards and 7 pts. HaHaHaHaHaHa

WH 48-6. Wooster didn’t make it past their own 40 for most of the first half until about 2 minutes to go. Wooster couldn’t stop WH at all and Wooster only scored with 2nd team defense in for WH.
Better tell that 2nd team defense to get ready for a lot of playing time next week.

Ashland dominates Madison 49-14. Ashland Defense only allowed 106 total yards and 7pts. Seems like Madison got out coached and out played.
Honestly thought this game was going to be a lot closer… surprised by the score but not surprised by who won I had Ashland winning this game. Much bigger test this week as the TYgers come to town, who will be the toughest team they will play up to this point.

Honestly thought this game was going to be a lot closer… surprised by the score but not surprised by who won I had Ashland winning this game. Much bigger test this week as the TYgers come to town, who will be the toughest team they will play up to this point.
Considering they’ve already given up a 60 burger this season…ouch!

The 4 teams Ashland (4-2) has beaten to this point in the season have a combined record of only 4 wins and 20 loses. Those Ashland faithful should be very careful on their chest pounding. I understand supporting your kids, the program, etc. But these players, parents, and coaches acting like they did something special last night by beating a team that is truly in rebuilding phase is laughable. All one would have to do is sit on the Madison side to see over 20+ former Ashland players (one might of been Ashland's current AD's son, lmao) who came back to support Valentine. Not too mention maybe a hundred other folks, many parents of kids who played for Valentine and Seder, all supporting Valentine. It says everything you need to know about these two coaches. If the Madison faithful can buy into Valentines system and give it a couple years, you will see the impact He will make on your program and these young athletes lives outside of just football.

The 4 teams Ashland (4-2) has beaten to this point in the season have a combined record of only 4 wins and 20 loses. Those Ashland faithful should be very careful on their chest pounding. I understand supporting your kids, the program, etc. But these players, parents, and coaches acting like they did something special last night by beating a team that is truly in rebuilding phase is laughable. All one would have to do is sit on the Madison side to see over 20+ former Ashland players (one might of been Ashland's current AD's son, lmao) who came back to support Valentine. Not too mention maybe a hundred other folks, many parents of kids who played for Valentine and Seder, all supporting Valentine. It says everything you need to know about these two coaches. If the Madison faithful can buy into Valentines system and give it a couple years, you will see the impact He will make on your program and these young athletes lives outside of just football.
Could not agree more.

I wondered how long it would take 😄 😄 I've maintained anything above 5-5 is an overachievement with this team, but..

The ashland players, parents, and coaches should be proud this weekend and should enjoy the win. All they've heard for the past year was how awful they would be, lucky to win 2 games, and that madison would crush them because of coaching. That was obviously all blown up this weekend so you'll need something new to latch onto

I went over and talked with some of the guys you mentioned at halftime, they were all friends who graduated with valentines sons. They weren't spiteful at all, just there to have fun, not make some statement like you're insinuating. More like 10 guys as well.. and on the subject of madison fans, most of them left at halftime and were calling for the defensive coordinator to be fired and for ashland to take him back. so theres that as well :unsure:

I'm a big valentine fan, but i just don't see them being better than 2 or 3 wins a year at madison

I’m not a fan of having two schools be one game ahead I know that was the only way new Philadelphia would join but it makes the standing look odd