"My people"

Okay if I had Jewish relatives in the Holocaust- where are Jewish reparations? How can Jewish people get ahead in the United States or world wide after their ancestors were murdered.

I personally don't agree with reparations for black people in America, but I must have missed the American Holocaust that happened in the United States. Was that before, during or after the Holocaust in Germany-controlled Europe?

Bill Russell, Wilt Chamberlain, Oscar Robertson, MJ, Shaq, Kareem, Magic, Malone, Hakeem.... even Bird could make a case for top 5.
Love Larry’ game and those guys are hall
Of famers but centers are different in terms of comparing to guards and small forwards especially . Karl Malone a better basketball player than LeBron . Good one . You can have your list but Janes does more on the court and has more overall game than those guys and has been to the Finals. A LOT . So you can’t say he doesn’t win at a high rate . He’s been as valuable to the teams he has been
On as anyone in basketball . Bulls win over 50 games and got to the conference finals ( and came really close to winning that series) after Jordan left . What do teams do once LeBron leaves ? So your take is LeBron isn’t top five now ? Or won’t be ? What else would he have to do ? Win a title with a 4th team ?

Okay if I had Jewish relatives in the Holocaust- where are Jewish reparations? How can Jewish people get ahead in the United States or world wide after their ancestors were murdered.

Okay. Fair enough. America can give White slaves and Black slaves (of course there were both) a % of earned hourly wage. Is this for White owned or Black owned slaves (of course there were both).
so is 20 cents per hour fair at that time in history.
decendants get a % of that and give government half for taxes and everyone goes on their happy way.

I can't get over the fact you said Jews can't advance in America and deserve reparations from the American government because of the Holocaust that happened in German-controlled Europe. There's been a lot of really dumb things said on the debate forum this week but this one takes the cake by far. That's some next level dumbazzery.

Lebron is a bad man on the basketball court to say anything else is really just dumb and truthfully, I highly doubt that he qualifies as a racist. Beyond the fact that he is a great family man who is doing all the things many posters say African-American men need to do to help African-Americans advance in this country, he is a philanthropist that has done more for his community than 99% of pro athletes would even contemplate. I don't always like his opinions, but I respect him as a man. In my opinion, I think Lebron might have the best overall skill set of all-time, but I would take Jordan or Kobe over him if I was building a team from the ground up to win it all.

Much more dominant is not accurate . Impressive ? LeBron better passer better rebounder and able to play more positions and spots on the floor more effectively . Will have much better longevity . Much more dominant is impossible considering James talent and production . Politics and personal animus is surely clouding your judgement . Calling Jordan the best of all time or the best you’ve seen is ok , BUT he was not MUCH more dominant or impressive . LeBron is better than top 5 . Stop .
Politics? So I suppose if I said the best player all time IMO was a white guy you would suspect racism.

Part of my choice for Jordan is /was his tough mental state compared to Lebrons clear ability to get distracted.

Also, James playing in a more physical era makes his abilities stand out more than a more skilled era of Jordan.

Mabe it is also MJ never estranged my admiration for him the way James has by letting me know that I am not one of his people.

I am assuming that most posters on this site are white men, so for those of you who are not a white man...my comments are not directed at you.

As white men we cannot possibly understand what black men in our country have faced. We can read about it, listen and obviously form our own opinions, but the fact is we cannot put ourselves in their shoes.

When a black man expresses outrage at the treatment of a black man at the hands of police, we cannot understand how they feel, because we have not experienced what many of them have experienced. Yes I agree listen to the police put your hands up and do what you are told. But there are many examples of when black men did just that and still met harsh treatment and even violence, by the police.

I think LeBron was outraged at the treatement given those white protester who rioted in the capital and compared it to the treatement many BLM faced at the hands of the police. Yes there were members of BLM looting and rioting and they should be punished. I am not excusing that behavior. But can you imagine if BLM protesters broke into the Capitol and engaged int the type of behavior that the rioters in the Capitol engaged in? There would have been a much different outcome.

LeBron is fully entitled to express his feelings and anyone on this board can disagree with his sentiments if they chose. We are a free country. But o Call him a POS or disparage him in other ways simply because you don't like what he is saying is wrong.

As far as him vs MJ. Jordan is the greatest scorer the league has every seen and the most dominant single player. However LeBron makes those around him better. He took a middling Cavs team to the finals. Jordan needed Pippen and the role players before he got to that level.

I am assuming that most posters on this site are white men, so for those of you who are not a white man...my comments are not directed at you.

As white men we cannot possibly understand what black men in our country have faced. We can read about it, listen and obviously form our own opinions, but the fact is we cannot put ourselves in their shoes.

When a black man expresses outrage at the treatment of a black man at the hands of police, we cannot understand how they feel, because we have not experienced what many of them have experienced. Yes I agree listen to the police put your hands up and do what you are told. But there are many examples of when black men did just that and still met harsh treatment and even violence, by the police.

I think LeBron was outraged at the treatement given those white protester who rioted in the capital and compared it to the treatement many BLM faced at the hands of the police. Yes there were members of BLM looting and rioting and they should be punished. I am not excusing that behavior. But can you imagine if BLM protesters broke into the Capitol and engaged int the type of behavior that the rioters in the Capitol engaged in? There would have been a much different outcome.

LeBron is fully entitled to express his feelings and anyone on this board can disagree with his sentiments if they chose. We are a free country. But o Call him a POS or disparage him in other ways simply because you don't like what he is saying is wrong.

As far as him vs MJ. Jordan is the greatest scorer the league has every seen and the most dominant single player. However LeBron makes those around him better. He took a middling Cavs team to the finals. Jordan needed Pippen and the role players before he got to that level.
I'm not calling him a POS, that is not my way of communicating. However, when he makes politically or culturally charged comments he opens himself up to the pushback. No?

But somehow you knew where they came from. I on the other hand had no idea.
Every couple of years the alt right/white supremacists trot out the "there were white slaves in the US too but you don't here us complaining" trope that certain demographics jump on and then start reposting across social media and then reasonable people have to point out isn't actually true. It's a 3-4 year cycle.

When a black man expresses outrage at the treatment of a black man at the hands of police, we cannot understand how they feel, because we have not experienced what many of them have experienced. Yes I agree listen to

When a black man expresses outrage at the treatment of a black man at the hands of police, we cannot understand how they feel,
When a black man expresses outrage at the treatment of a black man at the hands of police, we cannot understand how they feel,
Like the time when Lebron got pulled over for going like 103 mph of I-71 in Medina. Not sure how he actually made it through that incident alive considering how cops are hunting "his people" every time they go out.

Here we go again with that Fox news definition of a Racist - Any person that says black people have experienced racism in this country is a racist, got it.
Lebron will go down in history as one of the greatest athletes on and of the field in the history of this country. I am beyond proud to say he hails from my hometown, I too am just a kid from Akron!
And where does Lebron live ? With the rich and elite of Hollywood, screw Akron.

I don't think the Lakers play or practice in Akron.

Not to mention: 1) he still owns his house in Akron 2) less than a month ago he bought a large facility and plans on turning into a multi-use complex with a sports complex on the roof.

NBA legend and Akron native LeBron James released the following statement on the acquisition and plans:
"Our main goal in everything we do is to support and prepare our families for a better future. And this concept, House Three Thirty, is the next step of that journey. I’m excited to open a space that puts everything we want to offer them under one roof. From getting them hands-on job training and financial guidance to having a space for important community events and safe physical activities, this is what we’ve learned our community needs. I can’t wait to see this come to life."

D4, gotta brush up on your history man. Those who cannot remember the past are doomed to repeat it.
I dont run with those crowds. It's kind of like when someone pulls out drug paraphernalia and I have no idea what it is, but one of my kids explains it and how it's used. I kind of wonder just how they gained such insight.

I dont run with those crowds. It's kind of like when someone pulls out drug paraphernalia and I have no idea what it is, but one of my kids explains it and how it's used. I kind of wonder just how they gained such insight.

You don't have to "run with those crowds" to remember your history. I don't run with Nazi's but I remember all about Nazi Germany. I dont run with terrorists but I remember 9/11.

Every couple of years the alt right/white supremacists trot out the "there were white slaves in the US too but you don't here us complaining" trope that certain demographics jump on and then start reposting across social media and then reasonable people have to point out isn't actually true. It's a 3-4 year cycle.
Really? I never heard that.

Really? I never heard that.
It starts to pop up every couple years, and I see it reposted/liked by various people in my social media feeds. Originates from some hardcore white supremacist groups but crosses over to “mainstream” folks who want to believe it.

As white men we cannot possibly understand what black men in our country have faced. ...
If I "cannot possibly understand," why did you write five paragraphs about it asking me to understand?

Seems like a waste of time and effort, so I stopped reading.

You don't have to "run with those crowds" to remember your history. I don't run with Nazi's but I remember all about Nazi Germany. I dont run with terrorists but I remember 9/11.
Well, guess I'm not omniscient. For those who are, congrats.