"My people"

My bad but why does he live among the rich people instead of the inner city ?

Probably the same reason anyone moves out of the inner city - more space. So instead of living in the inner city he spends millions to turn the area around. Just curious - what have you done for the inner city? I'm sure you've donated millions, spent years of your life trying to turn around the slums of whatever city you live in.

Probably has something to do with lot sizes and zoning.
Seriously, you dont think Lebron could get an exception for building a huge home in innercity area amongst "nis people"?

I think the real reason is he likes the peace and safety of the "other people".

Seriously, you dont think Lebron could get an exception for building a huge home in innercity area amongst "nis people"?

I think the real reason is he likes the peace and safety of the "other people".
I don't know about "other people," but I don't think it's a stretch that one of the most famous people in the world would want some additional space and privacy than living in a more urban area typically affords.

I can't get over the fact you said Jews can't advance in America and deserve reparations from the American government because of the Holocaust that happened in German-controlled Europe. There's been a lot of really dumb things said on the debate forum this week but this one takes the cake by far. That's some next level dumbazzery.
By the way I didn’t say United States should pay reparations did I. The Eastern Europeans were treated with unimaginable prejudice and violence against them when they came to this country. Since I’m 2nd generation should I get reparations? I wouldn’t ask for them , I’ve made mine and if I could then anyone white black brown yellow can make theirs too.

Probably the same reason anyone moves out of the inner city - more space. So instead of living in the inner city he spends millions to turn the area around. Just curious - what have you done for the inner city? I'm sure you've donated millions, spent years of your life trying to turn around the slums of whatever city you live in.
Lebron could buy a whole city block of Akron to build a house or in LA. Better though just to donate money and visit than live among poor blacks. Typical elitist behavior. Lebron like other elitist don't need to be telling Americans about white privilege when he is one of the most " privilege " Americans in the US.

I don't know about "other people," but I don't think it's a stretch that one of the most famous people in the world would want some additional space and privacy than living in a more urban area typically affords.
What does being famous have to do with anything. Stupidest thing I ever read on here. Many famous people live in regular or slightly above average neighborhoods.

By the way I didn’t say United States should pay reparations did I. The Eastern Europeans were treated with unimaginable prejudice and violence against them when they came to this country. Since I’m 2nd generation should I get reparations? I wouldn’t ask for them , I’ve made mine and if I could then anyone white black brown yellow can make theirs too.
You certainly implied it when you started off your sentence with "How are Jews supposed to get ahead in America?" Not my fault you said something astronomically stupid, maybe word your posts better.

Last edited by a moderator:
He could by 10 ran down lots and clear them off.

You don't have to "run with those crowds" to remember your history. I don't run with Nazi's but I remember all about Nazi Germany. I dont run with terrorists but I remember 9/11.
Wow - you mean you didn’t have a Hummer at 17? Lebrun has lived the privileged life since he was twelve. How is that fair to inner city, suburban, or even rich communities that their kids shouldn’t have the same.

Lebron could buy a whole city block of Akron to build a house or in LA. Better though just to donate money and visit than live among poor blacks. Typical elitist behavior. Lebron like other elitist don't need to be telling Americans about white privilege when he is one of the most " privilege " Americans in the US.

So you haven't done anything or donated any of your money or time to turn around the poorer areas of your city? I'm not surprised, classic elitest and racist attitude.

I'm not into men or absolute morons, sorry.

You certainly implied it when you started off your sentence with "How are Jews supposed to get ahead in America?" Not my fault you said something astronomically stupid, maybe word your posts better.
Ok. How are Jewish supposed to get ahead worldwide. Now answer that.

Wow - you mean you didn’t have a Hummer at 17? Lebrun has lived the privileged life since he was twelve. How is that fair to inner city, suburban, or even rich communities that their kids shouldn’t have the same.

What does that have to do with my post about not running with Nazis? You're losing your mind old man, don't know what you're responding to.

I'm not calling him a POS, that is not my way of communicating. However, when he makes politically or culturally charged comments he opens himself up to the pushback. No?
Sure pushback on his opinions. Calling him a racist is up there with many of the crackpot statements I read in this board.

Who do you know with a a half billion dollars who lives in the hood? What is wrong with living in a nice place and not just donating 10's of millions but actually being deeply involved in his charities? For the life of me, I don't understand the criticism of the man beyond him being black.

I'm not calling him a POS, that is not my way of communicating. However, when he makes politically or culturally charged comments he opens himself up to the pushback. No?
Someone used the POS reference, not sure who. Anyone, especially high profile people, are subject to pushback. Having said that I am not sure I would consider his comments to be culturally charged. I think most objective people can acknowledge that the response of Capitol police to the rioters that stormed the Capitol were different than the response to many BLM rioters (see I didnt say protesters). LeBron is simply pointing out that he feels the response was different which led to his two America comment.

I mean, I guess he could, but why? It would take years of acquisition, demolition and governmental approvals to do that.

Not only that but he would be displacing possibly hundreds from their homes...which is kind of the opposite of what LeBron wants to do.

If I "cannot possibly understand," why did you write five paragraphs about it asking me to understand?

Seems like a waste of time and effort, so I stopped reading.
Well since you stopped reading how do you know how I spent five paragraphs trying to ask you to understand? If you did read it you would see that I wasn't asking you to understand. I was simply supporting LeBron's right to speak his mind and how, as white men, we cannot possibly understand what it feels like to be black in this country.

I know upper income, professional black couples, who live in very safe suburban neighborhoods, who have spent a great deal more time explaning to their sons how to respond if stopped by the police. I have simply told my son's the police are the authority and listen. I don't have to worry about explaining to them to immediately put their hands on the steering wheel, or don't make any sudden movements. So yes it is different, and no I cannot know how they are feeling, other than to believe their words and experiences.

Not only that but he would be displacing possibly hundreds from their homes...which is kind of the opposite of what LeBron wants to do.
Just looked at his property info in Bath. It's over seven acres. That's approximately 45-50 typical lots in an urban setting. And he would actually need more than that to have the same amount of privacy that he has in Bath given all of his neighbors are on multi-acre lots with setback houses.

Who do you know with a a half billion dollars who lives in the hood? What is wrong with living in a nice place and not just donating 10's of millions but actually being deeply involved in his charities? For the life of me, I don't understand the criticism of the man beyond him being black.
What is wrong with living in the hood ? Can't live among the poor black people has to have rich " cracker " neighbors . Reason people criticize him is because they don't like being told about white privilege when Lebron is one of the most privilege people in America.

LeBron has a talent and he worked hard from a young age to cultivate that talent. So he had more than others. No different than anyone else who capitalizes on their talent.

And to be clear I am not a LeBron fan, but I respect the fact that he overcame a lot as a kid (single parent, crazy mom, low income) to become the success he has become.

I think he is often overly sensitive to the criticism he receives as a basketball player and he can be a bit of a drama queen, but I respect him for his talents, accomplishments and how he has given back to those in need.