"My people"

NothingButTheTruth

Why is it okay for Lebron James to make social media posts about what he calls "my people"? Aren't we ALL people? Isn't that the goal? Seems like it is divisive to have "my people", which means that everyone else is not his people? He is a great basketball player and a great racist.

He is an overrated basketball player and a stone cold Racist. Hope he keeps poking the bear till someone confronts him (and not in the not China million dollar boy mode he lives in). It will be from 600 yards away and probably one shot. (I’m sure he has security 24/7”

Here’s his quote today.

"DO YOU ???? UNDERSTAND NOW???!! I know the answer to that," James wrote in the caption. "You still don’t cause no matter what happens you still won’t be judge, looked at crazy, chained, beaten, hung, shot to death cause of the color of your skin!!!! 2 AMERIKKKAS we live in and it was at FULL CAPACITY LIVE IN DIRECT yesterday in our Nations CAPITAL AT THE CAPITOL!! ??‍♂️???. #IPrayForBetterDaysForMyPeople."

Okay if I had Jewish relatives in the Holocaust- where are Jewish reparations? How can Jewish people get ahead in the United States or world wide after their ancestors were murdered. If he is ALL ALL BLACK AND ONLY BLACK, then you don’t expect others to be ALL ALL WHITE AND ONLY WHITE.

Maybe he should start trying to get a discussion going on with all different races to find common ground instead of fanning the division so hard. Then maybe a white person could develop a respect for him ( currently no one respects this man )

He is an overrated basketball player and a stone cold Racist. Hope he keeps poking the bear till someone confronts him (and not in the not China million dollar boy mode he lives in). It will be from 600 yards away and probably one shot. (I’m sure he has security 24/7”

Here’s his quote today.

"DO YOU ???? UNDERSTAND NOW???!! I know the answer to that," James wrote in the caption. "You still don’t cause no matter what happens you still won’t be judge, looked at crazy, chained, beaten, hung, shot to death cause of the color of your skin!!!! 2 AMERIKKKAS we live in and it was at FULL CAPACITY LIVE IN DIRECT yesterday in our Nations CAPITAL AT THE CAPITOL!! ??‍♂️???. #IPrayForBetterDaysForMyPeople."

Okay if I had Jewish relatives in the Holocaust- where are Jewish reparations? How can Jewish people get ahead in the United States or world wide after their ancestors were murdered. If he is ALL ALL BLACK AND ONLY BLACK, then you don’t expect others to be ALL ALL WHITE AND ONLY WHITE.

Maybe he should start trying to get a discussion going on with all different races to find common ground instead of fanning the division so hard. Then maybe a white person could develop a respect for him ( currently no one respects this man )
Greatest player of all time.

Here we go again with that Fox news definition of a Racist - Any person that says black people have experienced racism in this country is a racist, got it.
Lebron will go down in history as one of the greatest athletes on and of the field in the history of this country. I am beyond proud to say he hails from my hometown, I too am just a kid from Akron!

Here we go again with that Fox news definition of a Racist - Any person that says black people have experienced racism in this country is a racist, got it.
Lebron will go down in history as one of the greatest athletes on and of the field in the history of this country. I am beyond proud to say he hails from my hometown, I too am just a kid from Akron!

Anyone who judges people as members of a group, instead of as individuals is a racist.
Translation, you and your hometown buddy Lebron are racists, well done!!

At my school we called that stereotyping, Racism is something different. I don't think it exist in Fox land though,
Actually it's pigeon holing, not stereotyping.

You must not have been paying attention that day at school.

Lebron is also a great American. 1 wife. Great father. 0 scandals. Huge philanthropist. Awesome teammate. Lawful, respectful, generational.
First, pointing out that a black man only has 1 wife, is a great father, lawful, and respectful is undeniably racist, even if you had a black friend in college. It is a shockingly bigoted example of white privilege that you feel you have the right to judge any person of color.

Second, "generational" is a thing?

Why is it okay for Lebron James to make social media posts about what he calls "my people"? Aren't we ALL people? Isn't that the goal? Seems like it is divisive to have "my people", which means that everyone else is not his people? He is a great basketball player and a great racist.
So long as we continue to make points using race as the foundation for our point we will never get past racism.

Same goes for affirmative action. When whites can not get a job because their skin is not dark enough that sets up a series of bad feelings towards those who qualify for said job just because they are darker than you.

To the idea of Lebron being greatest player of all time? I agree, not even close.

People like LeBron speak in terms of "my people" and such because they believe many whites see them as second class and stereotype the living hell out of them.

There are times that I find some of these views to be ridiculously outdated and mentally living in the past era of Jim Crow, and then there are times like Wednesday when I imagine that if black and other minority BLM types protested/rioted at the Capitol like MAGA did they would have been tear gassed and rubber bulleted to hell before getting anywhere close to getting indoors as opposed to largely getting the Spanish bullfighter o'le treatment.

Getting fully beyond racial divisiveness isn't happening anytime soon as both sides would have to be willing to honestly and openly discuss it. Not happening.

Jordan > LeBron and maybe a few others but at worst he's a top 5 all time and the best since Jordan so I'm not sure how he's overrated.

I think the fact that some of you claim LeBron is the greatest basketball player of all time over MJ is the concrete proof that you have lost your minds.
I agree, at least on the MJ being much more dominant and impressive than Lebron.

I hated to see Jordan age and then finally came the day when he was done. Funny, I cant wait for age to overtake LJ.

Jordan > LeBron and maybe a few others but at worst he's a top 5 all time and the best since Jordan so I'm not sure how he's overrated.

I’m not a fan of his but he’s absolutely not overrated. Tremendous player. Jordan is top of the list for those I’ve watched and I’m biased but I always felt Shaq was close to MJ. LeBron right up there though.

I agree, at least on the MJ being much more dominant and impressive than Lebron.

I hated to see Jordan age and then finally came the day when he was done. Funny, I cant wait for age to overtake LJ.
Lebron is 36, still the best player in the league, and not slowing down anytime soon. It will,happen but the guy is a freak.

Much more dominant is not accurate . Impressive ? LeBron better passer better rebounder and able to play more positions and spots on the floor more effectively . Will have much better longevity . Much more dominant is impossible considering James talent and production . Politics and personal animus is surely clouding your judgement . Calling Jordan the best of all time or the best you’ve seen is ok , BUT he was not MUCH more dominant or impressive . LeBron is better than top 5 . Stop .

Much more dominant is not accurate . Impressive ? LeBron better passer better rebounder and able to play more positions and spots on the floor more effectively . Will have much better longevity . Much more dominant is impossible considering James talent and production . Politics and personal animus is surely clouding your judgement . Calling Jordan the best of all time or the best you’ve seen is ok , BUT he was not MUCH more dominant or impressive . LeBron is better than top 5 . Stop .
Bill Russell, Wilt Chamberlain, Oscar Robertson, MJ, Shaq, Kareem, Magic, Malone, Hakeem.... even Bird could make a case for top 5.

Bill Russell, Wilt Chamberlain, Oscar Robertson, MJ, Shaq, Kareem, Magic, Malone, Hakeem.... even Bird could make a case for top 5.
These debates are fun but ultimately just opinions. Different people have different interpretations for what “greatest” means. Based on advanced stats John Stockton often comes up as a top 5 all time player, sometimes third behind LBJ and MJ. While a great player, I don’t think anybody really believes that.

Then you just have the general problem of comparing athletes from different eras. In general, even great athletes from 30 years ago couldn’t compete with good athletes today.

And then you have the longevity question. Is greatest defined by someone’s peak or performance over time. This comes up a lot in football.