MVAC Football 2020

I can't officially verify actual recruiting took place (wink wink), but I can confirm that the 1995 Lisbon team had several kids from Southern play BIG roles for them that year! I know because I was in high school at C-View at the time. However I do remember that Southern was having some issues at the school with a possible teachers strike (can't remember if a strike ever did happen, but I know it was close), so it isn't surprising that some kids went to a neighboring school. The same thing happened in 1988 when Columbiana had a strike. I remember a few kids went to Leetonia that year to play football. That was the first year that C-View stopped being a doormat in football as they went 9-1 and won a share of the league with Lisbon, ironically beating Leetonia in the final week on a last minute TD to secure a share of the title. The following year in 1989, East Palestine joined the TCL, followed by Columbiana leaving the ICL for the TCL in 1991.
I had forgotten about the Columbiana strike, we were still playing in the Trumbull AA then. Sounds somewhat like Crestview's plight right now, playing up in Trumbull.

I remember that Columbiana strike....I think some schools canceled their games with the Clippers that year as the coaches for the Clippers volunteered to continue coaching. We played them at Firestone and those darn Clips beat us in a close game.:mad:

I remember that Columbiana strike....I think some schools canceled their games with the Clippers that year as the coaches for the Clippers volunteered to continue coaching. We played them at Firestone and those darn Clips beat us in a close game.:mad:

I was looking at C-View's results that year. 5 league games and 5 OOL games. The OOL games were Western Reserve, South Range, Springfield, Kirtland, and Mineral Ridge. The 1988 game vs Springfield was amazing! Our RB Chuckie Geiss had over 300 all-purpose yards, returned a punt AND a kickoff for TDs. Springfield's QB had over 300 yards passing. You might have heard of him, his last name was Brungard lol. And that was in the days of the Wing-T, Veer, Wishbone, ECT, when teams only passed a few times a game!

I was looking at C-View's results that year. 5 league games and 5 OOL games. The OOL games were Western Reserve, South Range, Springfield, Kirtland, and Mineral Ridge. The 1988 game vs Springfield was amazing! Our RB Chuckie Geiss had over 300 all-purpose yards, returned a punt AND a kickoff for TDs. Springfield's QB had over 300 yards passing. You might have heard of him, his last name was Brungard lol. And that was in the days of the Wing-T, Veer, Wishbone, ECT, when teams only passed a few times a game!
Wasn't your coach either Rankin or Hulea?

Congratulations to the Springfield Tigers on another great season. You represented the MVAC well in Massillon. Well this crazy 2020 season is in the books thank heavens. Let’s pray for a normal 2021.

Springfield did the MVAC proud. The 4th down call will be debated in New Middletown the next 50 years:

Scarlet Final Standings:
1. Springfield 11-1
2. McDonald 7-2
3. Jackson-Milton 6-3
T4. Western Reserve 6-4
T4. Mineral Ridge 6-4
T6. Lowellville 4-6
T6. Waterloo 4-6
8. Sebring 2-8

Scarlet Playoff+OOC record:
21-9

Grey Final Standings:
1. Crestview 7-2
T2. Brookfield 6-4
T2. Labrae 6-4
4. Champion 2-3
5. Campbell 2-5
T6. Liberty 1-6
T6. Newton Falls 1-6

Grey Playoff+OOC record:
8-13

Garfield will be a great addition to the Grey tier next season. A lot of quality players return for the GMen in 2021.

Them and Labrae have the most back correct? I know Crestview will be good again. How about Brookfield? Crazy if Garfield goes in and wins it in the first year. They just won the last year of the PTC too.