MVAC Football 2020

YTownPenguin06

Assuming there is football in 2020 which I would like to start talking about, how do things shake out in the MVAC? Obviously Springfield is the team to beat, no questions there. Does WR fall off without Hake, does McDonald make a run, maybe one of the younger teams take the next step. Let’s get back to talking football.

Springfield is loaded, cream of the crop in the league.
McDonald is good but I don't think they are as good as everyone thinks they are.
WR lost a ton, not just the coach.
Lowellville had a decent record but aren't good at all.
Ridge might be one to keep an eye on. They might be the 3rd best team in the league this year.

Springfield is loaded, cream of the crop in the league.
McDonald is good but I don't think they are as good as everyone thinks they are.
WR lost a ton, not just the coach.
Lowellville had a decent record but aren't good at all.
Ridge might be one to keep an eye on. They might be the 3rd best team in the league this year.

Obviously excited to see what the Blue Devils can do in the post Hake era. SE, JFK, Norwayne, and McDonald in 4 of the first 5 weeks is no small task, not to mention Springfield at the end of the year. Hake has his hands full this year let alone a first time head coach. The change seems to be a welcomed one, but can he win and will he get the support if he doesn’t? I am not sure anyone touches Springfield, loaded at every spot.

My guess would be they play conference only so you could crown a league champion but who knows. If they played just the first 6 Springfield would not play WR or McDonald.

As for the teams, Springfield is clearly the class of the league no doubt. McDonald improved a lot towards the end of last year (took D7 runner up to OT) and returns the majority of the squad I’d have them solidly #2. Reserve had quite the off-season along with losing a lot of talent, but I still see them ahead of the rest of the pack and solidly 3. Ridge, Lowellville, and Milton all were much improved in 2019 and have varying amounts of returning talent, they’ll battle for 4. Sebring and Waterloo bring up the rear.

Is this the year when the AAC Blue is moved into a tier of the MVAC?

Yes. I don’t have a ton of knowledge but I’d guess Crestview would be the favorite in that tier. Labrae has took some lumps rebuilding last year and should be pretty good. Brookfield lost a lot but still has their QB

Springfield clearly runs the league here, but I may be biased. Echoing other posters, McD and WR are solidly tied for #2. As per usual the big 3 will dominate. I think Lowellville will be the school to watch though for #3.

Ground breaking analysis here.....You mean the team that played for a ship are favored??? Never would have thought! Same 3 every year, but watch how fast WR falls off...McDonald is overrated just like last year.

Ground breaking analysis here.....You mean the team that played for a ship are favored??? Never would have thought! Same 3 every year, but watch how fast WR falls off...McDonald is overrated just like last year.
Especially now that McDonald isn't practicing for two weeks. Add in the fact there are no scrimmages, the setback for the Blue Devils will be huge. On the plus side they only run 3 plays so it's not like it will be tough to pick up the offense. Lol

WR looks to be in real trouble at this point, not hearing anything positive. New, New, coach, assistants not retained, new offense, new defense, etc.
Heard the internal scrimmage looked horrible, kids not knowing what to do, where to be, getting yelled at by coaches, without any positive feedback.
Hopefully it all comes together before the #'s of kids going out for Football drops off and we are back to being the doormat of the league.

I would expect Springfield at least make the Regional final if playoffs get that far this year. McDonald should make some noise in D7.

Is there a list of the revised schedules for everyone in the league? I know McDonald plays at Sebring week #1, and I saw Springfield's schedule on WKBN, but I haven't seen anyone else's.

Lowellville
August 27th Jackson Milton
Week 2 @mcdonald
Week 3 Waterloo
Week 4 @springfield
Week 5 Sebring
Week 6 @Mineral Ridge

Springfield
Week 1 @Mineral Ridge
Week 2 @Western Reserve
Week 3 Mcdonald
Week 4 Lowellville
Week 5 Waterloo
Week 6 @jackson Milton

WR looks to be in real trouble at this point, not hearing anything positive. New, New, coach, assistants not retained, new offense, new defense, etc.
Heard the internal scrimmage looked horrible, kids not knowing what to do, where to be, getting yelled at by coaches, without any positive feedback.
Hopefully it all comes together before the #'s of kids going out for Football drops off and we are back to being the doormat of the league.

I would expect Springfield at least make the Regional final if playoffs get that far this year. McDonald should make some noise in D7.

New coach = new assistants...maybe just maybe there is a reason old assistants weren’t retained that the genera public aren’t aware of. I don’t think doom and gloom is necessary after some intrasquad scrimmage considering new coach was hired 2 months ago. I don’t know much but I do know that WR kids should feel right at home when they were being yelled at because that is all the previous guy did.
Springfield will win every game by 30+ which is probably why their coach wanted to play out of conference games instead.

Crestview has suspended all football activities due to a positive test result for COVIID-19.

I thought I saw on WKBN that only a couple teammates were being quarantined. Is this accurate? It seems like he had to have contact with many teammates on the field and in the locker room.

Interesting, I saw and have heard the complete opposite. Makes you wonder if this was one of the people “let go.” I for one thing a fresh start was the best thing this new coach did and maybe something Coach Rach should have done as well. QB looked like the real deal and defense swarmed. I know people post Hake era are not complaining about “yelling.” If anything I have heard there is not enough yelling and it’s too positive. Not saying it’s the right way to do it, kids should be coached hard, but I just think this statement is 100% false. Either way I am excited for the season and to see what the new look Devils look like.

Who is the new WR for the Blue Devils, dude definitely wasn’t out there last year? Anyone know his name? Went deep a few times last week.

I thought I saw on WKBN that only a couple teammates were being quarantined. Is this accurate? It seems like he had to have contact with many teammates on the field and in the locker room.

I read that they will resume activities on 8/17 as the student in question only had contact with 2 or 3 other students and those students have been quarantined.

Here’s the schedules posted on WFMJ:

JACKSON-MILTON
8/27 @ Lowellville
9/4 @Waterloo
9/11 Sebring
9/18 @Western Reserve
9/25 Mineral Ridge
10/2 Springfield

LOWELLVILLE
8/27 Jackson Milton
9/4 @mcdonald
9/11 Waterloo
9/18 @springfield
9/25 Sebring
'10/2 @Mineral Ridge

MCDONALD
8/27 @Sebring
9/4 Lowellville
9/11 @springfield
9/18 Mineral Ridge
9/25 @Western Reserve
10/2 Waterloo

MINERAL RIDGE
8/28 Springfield
9/4 @Sebring
9/11 Western Reserve
9/18 @mcdonald
9/25 @jackson Milton
10/2 Lowellville

SEBRING
8/27 McDonald
9/4 Mineral Ridge
9/11 @jackson Milton
9/18 @Waterloo
9/25 @ Lowellville
10/2 Western Reserve

SPRINGFIELD
8/28 @Mineral Ridge
9/4 @ Western Reserve
9/11 McDonald
9/18 Lowellville
9/25 Waterloo
10/2@Jackson Milton

WESTERN RESERVE
8/28 @ Waterloo
9/4 Springfield
9/11 @Mineral Ridge
9/18 Jackson Milton
9/25 McDonald
10/2 @ Sebring

Shouldn't impact Struthers... Lowellville's home games are in weeks 1, 3, and 5. Struthers is on the road in weeks 1 and 5. And Lowellville's week 3 game is on a Saturday. Shouldn't be any conflicts there. Plus Lowellville is paying to rent the field, I presume?

I don't have a problem with it.