MVAC Football 2020

kingpin2010

There is 4 games tonight with MVAC teams involved:

In D7 R25:
Lowellville will travel to Liberty to take on #1 seed JFK.

Jackson-Milton is at McDonald in an all MVAC game. This is likely, depending on the result and other playoff results, the last game ever at AA Burkey Stadium. Not sure on the year but I believe it was built in the early 50s. Lots of winning and tradition on that field.

In non playoff action-
Sebring is at Newton Falls
Waterloo hosts East Palestine

kingpin2010

Friday night finals:
JFK- 65
Lowellville- 33

McDonald- 26
Jackson-Milton- 14

Regular season:
Newton Falls- 38
Sebring- 20

Waterloo- 48
EP- 8

Saturday playoff games:
Scarlet tier D6:
Western Reserve at Springfield
Mineral Ridge at Norwayne

Grey tier D5:
Southeast at Crestview

Grey tier D6
Labrae at Brookfield

YTownPenguin06

Springfield 35
WR 7

No surprises, WR had their chances early, couldn’t capitalize. Story of the entire season. One positive was it was nice to see #22 play tonight. Blue Devils lost him in the preseason and he ran hard when he was in. I think they still play Lowellville, anyone know if WR has any other games?

Last edited:

kingpin2010

I’ve only seen Lowellville. I think WR is gonna be pretty good next year just looking over who has started and made plays. Springfield will still be the class of the league with Beau but I think WR will solidly be #2.

kingpin2010

Saturday results:
Scarlet-
Springfield 35
Western Reserve 7

Norwayne 55
Mineral Ridge 14

Grey-
Crestview 33
Southeast 0

Labrae 55
Brookfield 54
Brookfield scored with 10 seconds left and went for 2 and didn’t get it.

Standings/Records
Scarlet:
1. Springfield 7-0
2. McDonald 6-1
3. Jackson-Milton 4-3
T4. Mineral Ridge 4-4
T4. Western Reserve 4-4
6. Lowellville 3-5
T7. Sebring 2-6
T7. Waterloo 2-6

Grey:
1. Crestview 5-1
2. Labrae 6-2
3. Brookfield 5-2
4. Champion 2-2
5. Campbell 2-5
6. Newton Falls 1-4
7. Liberty 1-6

Both tiers have 2 remaining teams:
Scarlet-
D6R21
St Thomas Aquinas at Springfield
D7R25
McDonald at Leetonia

Grey-
D5R17
Crestview at Garfield
D6R21
Labrae at Wickliffe

YTownPenguin06

I’ve only seen Lowellville. I think WR is gonna be pretty good next year just looking over who has started and made plays. Springfield will still be the class of the league with Beau but I think WR will solidly be #2.
It will be interesting to see what Coach Lude and his staff can bring to an offseason. Jackson Milton is obviously the big disappointment this season. I think most people would agree they should have won that one. All other games probably went as they should have. Springfield and McDonald were just better.

Two positives I liked about Coach Lude
1) Kids never ever seemed to quit this year. They battled back vs Jackson Milton and McDonald. They had their chances against Springfield and even last night forced a lot of Springfield punts.
2)All season the offense seemed to get a lot of people involved. There are a lot of playmakers on that field coming back. The QB is gone and will be the biggest hurdle to replace.

Two Negatives or things to improve
1) Offense at times seen all over the place. I think that comes with implementing a new system and the program getting an incredibly late start. That being said, as a fan I would like to see more of an identity next year.
2) The defense gave up too many big plays this year. I think an offseason will do them good as well.