Mid-State League ‘22-23

You know stuff does happen you don’t know his situation
Yeah that’s kind of my point. The press release from Northside said he stepped down to watch his son play and be more of a dad, which I am in no way speaking against. That’s a very respectable and noble decision and totally his right.

I was just trying to point out that no matter what the plan is, things can change. His son is an amazing player. If the right opportunity came along, then his situation and thought process could change there too.

@The Dock - have you heard any rumors that Hooper retired?
Baseball season, man! Only focused on baseball right now!

Rained out today. Guess I’ll break these out
1682711794478.jpeg

Grandview Hts hired Bob Ghiloni as Corbett's replacement- interesting hire- not sure if I were hiring a coach I would have gone this route but could be a good move. Ghiloni is 66 years old so being at Grandview probably a max of say 5 years or so. Grandview does not have alot of turnover in its coaching ranks so again I say it is a interesting hire.

Last edited:
Grandview Hts hired Bob Ghiloni as Corbett's replacement- interesting hire- not sure if I were hiring a coach I would have gone this route but could be a good move. Ghiloni is 66 years old so being at Grandview probably a max of say 5 years or so. Grandview does not have alot of turnover in its coaching ranks so again I say it is a interesting hire.
An old Ready dude! Nice job to cool down before retirement! ha

Saw Worthington Christian posted their job this week. I am guessing Weakley is making it very hard on them since moving down the road to Northside.
Would Collins from Coffman or the UA coach go after that job?

Saw Worthington Christian posted their job this week. I am guessing Weakley is making it very hard on them since moving down the road to Northside.
Would Collins from Coffman or the UA coach go after that job?
My follow up to this is going to, nakedly, be a stretch and won’t pose potential consequence to WC immediately, but something also worth keeping in mind is a brand new Christian high school (that plans to build into OHSAA membership in due time) is opening this fall… and is located a whopping FOUR MINUTES up Worthington Road.

Another kernel pertaining to WC of general interest: their former Head of School, Troy McIntosh (also the former Central District Athletic Board president) took a new job a couple years ago as the director of the Ohio Christian Education Network. Where this ties in… the OCEN is a branch operation of the Center for Christian Virtue. The CCV is particularly notable because they are the main lobbying group helping push the (imminent, albeit not in this Legislative Session it appears) Backpack Bill — aka “EdChoice for All.”

All of this to say? The north brim of 270 is going to get hotter in the non-Catholic private school marketplace.

My follow up to this is going to, nakedly, be a stretch and won’t pose potential consequence to WC immediately, but something also worth keeping in mind is a brand new Christian high school (that plans to build into OHSAA membership in due time) is opening this fall… and is located a whopping FOUR MINUTES up Worthington Road.

Another kernel pertaining to WC of general interest: their former Head of School, Troy McIntosh (also the former Central District Athletic Board president) took a new job a couple years ago as the director of the Ohio Christian Education Network. Where this ties in… the OCEN is a branch operation of the Center for Christian Virtue. The CCV is particularly notable because they are the main lobbying group helping push the (imminent, albeit not in this Legislative Session it appears) Backpack Bill — aka “EdChoice for All.”

All of this to say? The north brim of 270 is going to get hotter in the non-Catholic private school marketplace.
If that plays out how it could, what school will first see the negative effect? Tree or Northside come to mind. I am guessing WC has enough history to stay relevant longer.

Don't forget about KIPP being right there as well.

You have to wonder how long CCS would be able to keep both Mifflin and Beechcroft operating.

If that plays out how it could, what school will first see the negative effect? Tree or Northside come to mind. I am guessing WC has enough history to stay relevant longer.

Don't forget about KIPP being right there as well.

You have to wonder how long CCS would be able to keep both Mifflin and Beechcroft operating.
Worth remembering also that Genoa Christian exists, although they’re further up north. Plus possible Catholic HS in Sunbury.

The GH opening is coming at a hard time vis-a-vis other openings in the Columbus metro. Two of the three Dublin jobs are open, UA is open (kinda wonder if a certain former Cardinal head coach might be in line for that one!), and Johnstown is open as well.

The word’s been that Kevin Weakley and Randy Kortokrax have kicked the tires on open jobs lately. Either of those two seem plausible to pursue the GH and/or JM jobs.
As it turns out, he was! Good to see him back in the saddle.

I have been able to talk with GCC's coach the last two weeks. I did not get to see one dang game last season. Sounds like injuries in January bit them a bit. I will be very curious to see if Timlin heads out upon Trenton's graduation. There is some chatter out there that he may be heading off to Franklin Heights with one of his old pals, Tim Donohue (principal). Those two go way back. Could get interesting on Hoover Road following '24'.

I have been able to talk with GCC's coach the last two weeks. I did not get to see one dang game last season. Sounds like injuries in January bit them a bit. I will be very curious to see if Timlin heads out upon Trenton's graduation. There is some chatter out there that he may be heading off to Franklin Heights with one of his old pals, Tim Donohue (principal). Those two go way back. Could get interesting on Hoover Road following '24'.
Ah, man. :( I don’t think anyone could look at GCC basketball as the same without him! He’s an institution!!

He did, indeed, retire.

Any word on his replacement? I've heard rumors of a long time Central Ohio coach who has bounced around a lot who had his name in the mix.

Also, feel free to share any summer updates! Any news of potential impact freshmen or transfers is very welcome for me.

Any word on his replacement? I've heard rumors of a long time Central Ohio coach who has bounced around a lot who had his name in the mix.

Also, feel free to share any summer updates! Any news of potential impact freshmen or transfers is very welcome for me.
It’s Ben Patrick.