Mid-State League ‘22-23

Look. I have no horse in the fight. I don’t care and was rooting for them yesterday, but I understand how Northside rubs people the wrong way.

1) He has offers from those schools? Can you cite where? I’m not arguing, just curious. I’ve not seen where he’s gotten any offers, just unofficial visits with groups of other potential prospects. Maybe I’m wrong I don’t follow him much, just know he’s talented.

2) Is it illegal to recruit in HS? They started 60% of their lineup as transfers the last two years. If all of a sudden this tiny school starts getting more transfers from everywhere, it will be hard to keep it all on the down-low. Just ask some other local schools who have been busted for recruiting what happens.

3) You don’t get to play the tiny school “only 200 students” card when, again, 60% of your starters are transfer’s strictly for basketball while preemptively saying how they’re getting more transfers.

4) Again, I do not care personally what happens with Northside. I was simply remarking that staying at a tiny school like that might not be his best chance of getting to a larger college. Maybe he will stay and that’s awesome! I know it’s not 1990 any more, but lots of kids move to tougher competition either at a prep school or a larger public school. That’s all.
you’re not exactly talking to a Rhodes scholar, here.

Look. I have no horse in the fight. I don’t care and was rooting for them yesterday, but I understand how Northside rubs people the wrong way.

1) He has offers from those schools? Can you cite where? I’m not arguing, just curious. I’ve not seen where he’s gotten any offers, just unofficial visits with groups of other potential prospects. Maybe I’m wrong I don’t follow him much, just know he’s talented.

2) Is it illegal to recruit in HS? They started 60% of their lineup as transfers the last two years. If all of a sudden this tiny school starts getting more transfers from everywhere, it will be hard to keep it all on the down-low. Just ask some other local schools who have been busted for recruiting what happens.

3) You don’t get to play the tiny school “only 200 students” card when, again, 60% of your starters are transfer’s strictly for basketball while preemptively saying how they’re getting more transfers.

4) Again, I do not care personally what happens with Northside. I was simply remarking that staying at a tiny school like that might not be his best chance of getting to a larger college. Maybe he will stay and that’s awesome! I know it’s not 1990 any more, but lots of kids move to tougher competition either at a prep school or a larger public school. That’s all.
Ok if you really wanna talk about recruiting let’s talk
Harvest prep one of the biggest in central ohio they get players out of state most of them aren’t even religious and just play sports
Hartley same thing
Richmond heights is a city school and recruit big time players
Grenville big recruiters
Newark catholic big recruiters
Again it happens everywhere

Again they have 3 players that can in 2 of them were home schooled

Harvest prep one of the biggest in central ohio they get players out of state most of them aren’t even religious and just play sports
Hartley same thing
Grenville big recruiters

Yeah and nobody complaints about them…

Hartley same thing
Grenville big recruiters
Newark catholic aren’t big recruiters😭

D3 semi’s, and so we are here…

A little bummed that the draw was SW v NE & NW vs SE for this one. In theory it could’ve ‘just so happened to work out’ (with upsets) as a 3 v 2 (SW v NE) and 1 v 4 (NW v SE) but really this is as close to a 1 v 1 and 1 v 1 as you’ll get in the semis. At least it’s more competitive strength-wise across both matchups than the skew in D1 that got spit out with a Centerville/Central run-back in the final four while the other semi is more lax.

Africentric vs OG is the more interesting of the two to a neutral fan, since that’s going to have the more immediate “revenge” storyline. AEC let it slip away last year, and the Tech on Swain for the rim was one that still gives many chills.

a possibly controversial take: If HP can get through The ‘Lue then this season (regardless of the state final score) might be in GOAT territory for Coach Dennis.

Great season, HP. Hard way for it to end, but still a run that scores of teams would give their left extremities for.

As General McArthur said as he left the Philippines, “I shall return.” Warriors will be back!

Great season, HP. Hard way for it to end, but still a run that scores of teams would give their left extremities for.

As General McArthur said as he left the Philippines, “I shall return.” Warriors will be back!
State Final Four and had to play without their best player this game. Couldn’t be more proud and another great season for HPS.

So what was the deal- hear he was ineligible for this game- what happened- nobody seems to saying what happened.
I think that Nyalle, his family, or the coaches saying it would be best. The situation is obviously tough on him and spreading his business without consent would be wrong.

Any inside info on who could replace Corbett at Grandview Heights? Would be a tough place to be following his legacy.

Anyone else in MSL (or whatever the future leagues are) or D4 looking for a job?

Any inside info on who could replace Corbett at Grandview Heights? Would be a tough place to be following his legacy.

Anyone else in MSL (or whatever the future leagues are) or D4 looking for a job?
The GH opening is coming at a hard time vis-a-vis other openings in the Columbus metro. Two of the three Dublin jobs are open, UA is open (kinda wonder if a certain former Cardinal head coach might be in line for that one!), and Johnstown is open as well.

The word’s been that Kevin Weakley and Randy Kortokrax have kicked the tires on open jobs lately. Either of those two seem plausible to pursue the GH and/or JM jobs.

The GH opening is coming at a hard time vis-a-vis other openings in the Columbus metro. Two of the three Dublin jobs are open, UA is open (kinda wonder if a certain former Cardinal head coach might be in line for that one!), and Johnstown is open as well.

The word’s been that Kevin Weakley and Randy Kortokrax have kicked the tires on open jobs lately. Either of those two seem plausible to pursue the GH and/or JM jobs
GV B-ball seems to be more competitive then football I'll say. Dock, do they have talented group of juniors and below? Can't imagine the pressure there is nearly what it would be at UA or Dublin's right? UA specifically with ousting!

GV B-ball seems to be more competitive then football I'll say. Dock, do they have talented group of juniors and below? Can't imagine the pressure there is nearly what it would be at UA or Dublin's right? UA specifically with ousting!
cc: @bsee54321 — I haven’t followed much of Grandview hoops these days!

Grandview is not busting with talent after this senior class graduates. Couple of underclassmen from this year team are going to have lead the team next year but those guys- having a bit of basketball talent- seem have other sports as their priority. Depending on who is hired as coach will probably determine the basketball future of Grandview. If an experienced coach is hired - I have no inside information- then the athletes in the school will probably come out to play. If Grandview goes with a coach with no or little varsity experience I believe the next few years the Bobcats will struggle- cause the athletes will probably stick with their priority sports and pass on BB and the new coach will have to build from the ground up. Just my opinion.

oh he took a job suddenly open mid-April, that was never posted, at a school with no money when he full well would’ve been a bargain hire (since he doesn’t teach) at Johnstown or Grandview. And said job just happens to be two turns and eight minutes from the school he left his stamp on 30 years ago, and made sure more kids could leave their own of, until he got back-stabbed.

that’s even better