McKinley,Hoover,GlenOak,and the Federal League

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1) honest? Especially in basketball? I've already posted the numbers in football and basketball, they show a decline since 2004.

#2) ever hear of projections?

#3) yes....if the Fed invited Massillon to join Massillon almost definitely would. What does that have to do with anything? It would be massive savings for the school. It would almost be stupid not to....doesn't mean we as fans have to like it. Of course....kicking your e$ every Friday night would bring a smile to my face.
#1 So the decline can definitively be attributed to being in the Fed by itself? I know it is difficult to see through the blind hatred of all things Fed but it might be that the Fed teams are good.

#2 Projections, yeah I think I've heard of those. I just think it is a bit of a stretch to think they thought yes Mck is on the decline let's bring them in.

#3 Great example of a projection...

Please explain how having 2 or 3 less home games per year adds up to "massive savings".
The savings aren't about football. It's all about travel cost for the other sports that make very little if any money. Less distance to travel equals less cost, and that's a lot more than 2 or 3 home games. Make sense now?

Please explain how having 2 or 3 less home games per year adds up to "massive savings".
Think outside the box.
Bus trips for 7th and 8th grade sports....not just football.
Bus trips for freshmen and JV sports....not just football.
Now figure in GIRLS sports....7th, 8th, freshmen and JV.

So....I'm willing to give up the $ from the 5700 people at the Firestone game or the 4000 from the "out of state team" to make the $ from the Fed game if I'm an administrator.

Think outside the box.

So....I'm willing to give up the $ from the 5700 people at the Firestone game or the 4000 from the "out of state team" to make the $ from the Fed game if I'm an administrator.
Plus the added bonus of getting to say you're in the Fed.

Think outside the box.

Play your cards right and maybe we can work something out to tutor your kids.

The savings aren't about football. It's all about travel cost for the other sports that make very little if any money. Less distance to travel equals less cost, and that's a lot more than 2 or 3 home games. Make sense now?
Thanks for the response. It sounds good in theory but after looking over about a dozen other schedules in boy and girls sports I'm not convinced. Except for an occasional game in the Youngstown area the mileage isn't going to change much. And we already play many of the Fed teams in other sports. I for one don't want to sacrifice 2 or 3 home football games just to make some administrators job a little easier.

You can't teach those who are unwilling to learn.
Why are you Mass folks still on this thread ? You guys had a dream season and whopped my team as well . There is no way ,if you get that far, that you will beat La Salle. Lots more to life than football. Maybe volunteer and help the poor and elderly.

Why are you Mass folks still on this thread ? You guys had a dream season and whopped my team as well . There is no way ,if you get that far, that you will beat La Salle. Lots more to life than football. Maybe volunteer and help the poor and elderly.
Do you realize you are on a high school football forum ? ?

They are on this thread because they are obsessed with the Fed. They hate the Fed because they've been rejected twice and have to go crawling to the Suburban league and also get rejected. It looks bad that nobody wants the circus that is Kitty town. They are a one trick pony that can't get what they want most. At least they can fall back on their other sports or academics.

McKinley has nothing else to prove in the Federal League.It's time to get out.Playing teams like Cinn Elder in the Pit! Playing top teams in the State not named Iggy,Menter,and St Ed's.We will play them in the play-offs.We have the coach to make us a State power again.You have to play the best to be the best.We will eventually play Iggy along with other top teams in the State.But first lets get out of the Fed.

Sure lots of team could join but everybody is too good, too afraid, or simply not interested. You've only been trying for 10 years. You clowns figure it out. Either way Massillon will continue to dominate Stark and playoffs it don't matter.

The only school that has been deemed unwelcome to the Federal League is Massillon, we get that this irritates you with your constant negativity towards the Federal League. Massillon is not deemed too good, and schools are not afraid of playing Massillon, we know the reasons are past illegal recruiting by Massillon of football players from at least 50% of the FED schools is the root cause. Other contributing factors include, the behavior of adult Massillon fans, not many schools have adult fans that are intoxicated at their games, and I cannot recall any of the FED schools having intoxicated fans assaulting refs, like Massillon has had in the past. While we get that you're angry at the FED for rejecting the Paper Tigers twice, do you now have the same anger at the Suburban League for also rejecting Massillon? WAR LASALLE

3 straight regional titles, back to back finals, and decisive record head-to-head, is a whole lot better than not making the playoffs or early exits. Hell we probably won more playoff games last season than your entire league has the last 4. Get it together would love see Hoover in the mix at some point, seriously.

Zero state titles won on the field by Massillon in any sport is not domination! You have the same amount of State Titles as Fairless which is zero...>WAR LASALLE

McKinley has nothing else to prove in the Federal League.It's time to get out.Playing teams like Cinn Elder in the Pit! Playing top teams in the State not named Iggy,Menter,and St Ed's.We will play them in the play-offs.We have the coach to make us a State power again.You have to play the best to be the best.We will eventually play Iggy along with other top teams in the State.But first lets get out of the Fed.
Many mck fans feel the exact same way !
But this is just Massillon fans “making it up”. ?

Many mck fans feel the exact same way !
But this is just Massillon fans “making it up”. ?
As I'm sure there are many McK fans that feel differently. I'm curious to this obsession by Massillon about it though. There is more activity here by than on their own threads. :LOL: :unsure: "But we don't care about the Fed, they are inferior to us." LMAO

Could you please show the post/s where I claimed Massillon doesn't want in the league? If you're referring to the fanbase, it's 100% true....if you're referring to the administration....they applied to the fed twice if I'm not mistaken so....no....I never made a claim that "Massillon doesn't want in the league." Again, maybe you should read closer, I probably said that "Massillon FANS don't want in the league" and as usual you spun it to fit your agenda.

While I got ya here, and since you're the one who made the ridiculous claim....could ya fill us in on the whole "McKinley's other sports are enriched by the Fed" fallacy?

Which of your six screen names would you like me to post where you said you were well connected to the AD at Massillon and that they had no interest in joining a league.

In regards to how has the FED benefited McKinleys off sports, you must be slow on the uptake it's been posted here numerous times:
1. Scheduling
2. Reduced travel costs
3. League Recognition for athletes
4. The ability to play against some of the best programs in the state
5. Ability of athletes to be seen by recruiters

It's funny how a Massillon fan is ripping at McKinleys record in off sports in the FED, while basically outside of football, Massillon is terrible in almost every other sport. This is why Massillon has only one sport that they could ever win a state title in and break their virginity of winning a real state title and that's football.

WAR LASALLE

Which of your six screen names would you like me to post where you said you were well connected to the AD at Massillon and that they had no interest in joining a league.

In regards to how has the FED benefited McKinleys off sports, you must be slow on the uptake it's been posted here numerous times:
1. Scheduling
2. Reduced travel costs

It's funny how a Massillon fan is ripping at McKinleys record in off sports in the FED, while basically outside of football, Massillon is terrible in almost every other sport. This is why Massillon has only one sport that they could ever win a state title in and break their virginity of winning a real state title and that's football.

WAR LASALLE
Well said. He's hung up on "enrichment" of their programs. I guess we need his definition as all of your points make total sense. Again, he and they are upset that the Fed doesn't let them in. They hate being rejected while they struggle to stay relevant as it is difficult to maintain the title of Title Town when you don't have any.

Zero chance that McKinley leaves the FED, it would be cost prohibitive and the district is looking to save as much as possible. This was MCK's last year schedule before joining the FED:

L______ 14 - 28 ______ Canton GlenOak
L______ 7 - 24 ______ Massillon Perry
L______ 14 - 22 ______ Massillon Jackson
W______ 45 - 15 ______ Hamilton (Ontario, Canada) Waterdown District
L______ 28 - 31 ______ Grove City
W______ 61 - 0 ______ Washington D.C., Theodore Roosevelt
L______ 6 - 42 ______ at Cleveland St. Ignatius
L______ 7 - 38 ______ Warren Harding
W______ 28 - 7 ______ Rochester (NY) Aquinas Institude
L______ 17 - 34 ______ at Massillon Washington

Outside of Iggy, it's hardly a schedule of juggernaut teams, the basketball schedule was just as bad.

As the data provided shows, since joining Mckinley has dominated the FL in football, while disappearing from the playoffs and historically bad vs. Massillon. That's all the evidence most their fans need or care about. Basketball to a lesser extent. Though I doubt they bolt for the reasons listed. Unfortunately they are in an economic straight jacket.

Zero chance that McKinley leaves the FED, it would be cost prohibitive and the district is looking to save as much as possible. This was MCK's last year schedule before joining the FED:

Outside of Iggy, it's hardly a schedule of juggernaut teams, the basketball schedule was just as bad.

Cherry picking.

1. Scheduling
2. Reduced travel costs

WAR LASALLE
mck fans are the ones saying they want out, we just want to know why.
Massillon has state titles in track and wrestling also.

Funny you use that year especially looking at the first 3 games.
Why don’t you use mck’s playoff record since joining the fed ?
Easy to twist things to fit your argument.

As I'm sure there are many McK fans that feel differently. I'm curious to this obsession by Massillon about it though. There is more activity here by than on their own threads. :LOL: :unsure: "But we don't care about the Fed, they are inferior to us." LMAO

I'm sure there are "many" McK fans that feel differently. How many is many? As a McK fan I have yet to hear of any McK fans that feel differently.

I'm sure there are "many" McK fans that feel differently. How many is many? As a McK fan I have yet to hear of any McK fans that feel differently.
Ok, as a guy who knows many McK fans I can say that isn't their feeling. Seriously there is no way to quantify feelings. Good grief.

Status
Not open for further replies.