Few Offensive Stats on the year:
Connor Earley 8 or 9

Nevin Heard 7

Trever Hoelker 5

Luke Kuechly 3

Trevor Skove & Drew Grombala 2

Anyone I'm missing?

$T.x said:
^retarded, a certain religion teacher explained that Specht has been offered to coach at many D-1 colleges. Subsequently, he has declined. Why would he want to leave anyways, he is forming the foundation for a dynasty.

are u serious? i was kidding...

St X class of 09 said:
Ned could maybe compete for the starting safety spot next year, IMO he's one of, if not the most athletic kid in our grade
...enlighten me to why he would switch to safety when there is an open spot at corner next year and ian cummins has the safety spot pretty much locked up...?....and ned is athletic, but not the most athletic ...by far the most athletic kid in the class of 09 is trevor skove

St X class of 09 said:
i forgot about the open spot at corner. who do you think the 10 most athletic kids in our grade our?

all around athletes

nevin heard-basketball football
trevor skove-basketball football volleyball
michael basil-football baseball
hervey will prolly start at rb
trevor hoelker-football volleyball
chaz jennings-basketball volleyball
kevin chase-football basketball
luke kuechly-football lacrosse
drew grombala-football lacrosse
justinian mason-football track

Last edited:
Drew Grombala plays hockey also
Andrew Vehr football baseball
Danny Fruediger football baseball
Sam edmiston basketball football

Last edited:
eastsidebomber said:
all around athletes

nevin heard-basketball football
trevor skove-basketball football volleyball
michael basil-football baseball
ned moffatt-football basketball baseball
trevor hoelker-football volleyball
chaz jennings-basketball volleyball
kevin chase-football basketball
luke kuechly-football lacrosse
drew grombala-football lacrosse
justinian mason-football track

how is pete lees not mentioned in this?!?! not only does he play 2 and did play 3 sports but he's without a doubt the most athletic kid in our grade. kuechly without a doubt but chase doesnt play football, nor does trevor skove play basektball anymore. just taking in the fact that they play 2 sports really isn't a fair assessment when guys quit sports to get more serious in other ones for example chris shumrick with lascrosse. who's the better athlete a kid who is scout team football jv b lacrosse or a kid playing only a varsity sport?

billy douglas i hear you baby.

St X class of 09 said:
i forgot about the open spot at corner. who do you think the 10 most athletic kids in our grade our?
Think that the open corner spot will be filled by a senior....Rumpke will be moving back to defense and he already played one game there this year. Sure there are other seniors in the mix, but I'm sure everyone will get their chance to earn it. Alot changes from year to year especially in the off season when the coaches from the JV and varsity get a chance to sit down and really look at all the talent and the options. Kids positions can easily be changed especially if they are very athletic. Good Luck and congrats on a great season!

Next year's team needs 1 S to replace Robbe, 1 TE to replace Knueven, 1 LB to replace Burke, and probably only 1 OL. I heard things about a good Sophomore OL and LB Ian Cummins were both in good shape to possibly get that starting roll next year. I don't know much about the '09 class, so who would be legitmately competin for those spots?

s.s. will be replace by Ian Cummins... T.E. could be replaced by Luke Kuechly provided he puts on some weight L.B. will be replaced by Pete Lees...O.L. is a toss up...and xavier men i didn't see a corner on you list...but...that could be replaced by ned moffat, danny freudiger, or brandon Jacobs...(or maybe there is a junior at corner..idk)

stxbomber43 said:
s.s. will be replace by Ian Cummins... T.E. could be replaced by Luke Kuechly provided he puts on some weight L.B. will be replaced by Pete Lees...O.L. is a toss up...and xavier men i didn't see a corner on you list...but...that could be replaced by ned moffat, danny freudiger, or brandon Jacobs...(or maybe there is a junior at corner..idk)

Your wrong on a lot of these:

The open LB spot may go to Lees but Mike Holbrooke will def have a shot especially bc he is a senior.

The Safety spot is upfor grabs now. There are at least 2 or 3 seniors, most notably tom hobson along with soon to be juniors Ian cummins and Nick Ramstetter.

the Corner spot will likely go to Rumpke, as long as he doesnt stay at QB.

eastsidebomber said:
i don't know rumpke is an athlete, but hes just to short to play corner when you have to guard a 6'6'' reciever, the other corners may only be a few inches taller than him, but every inch counts...we all know that
Guess he was too short this year against Indy Cath that's why he started? He's been short since he has been a frosh and somehow he has managed to play cb w/o a problem. We've had cbs on the shorter side (T.Hurley, brad brookbank for example) with taller ones on the other side. Speed and ability to cover is way more important than height alone. Pretty sure he will be the corner back...he played a few games for the varsity last year as a soph and suprisingly despite being "too short" he had a pick.

eastsidebomber said:
actually yeah he is too short-thats the whole reason why they moved saelinger from safety to corner-so they could have some height there...any good team that scouts X and sees a 5'6'' corner is gonna put thier 6'6'' reciever on his side every time and i dont see that being a pretty matchup for billie
Well, I was under the impression that Saelinger moved from safety to cb because Rumpke moved to offense before the season started. I think he was told that they would work him in at cb once it was decided that Morris had the starting qb spot. Saelinger played safety during the game when Rumpke played cb. Then Rumpke was moved back to offense again after Morris got hurt in the St.Ed's game and Saelinger went back to cb. Didn't think those moves had anything to do with height issues. Plus I think Rumpke is taller than 5'6 and you know "every inch" counts. I'm just going by what I heard about the situation but perhaps you have some inside info I don't. Why would he have dressed varsity as a soph at db if the coaches thought he was too short. Just asking...I'm just on the outside looking in.