JV Football '06 (If you really care)

Just an FYI to all those atteding the game Saturday @ 2:00, it will be on St. X's back track field due to the stupid Cross Country Invitational where they're supposudly using an empty 8,000 seat Stadium as the finish line for the event. This was an absolute idiotic thing to do IMO, the back field only holds about 300 people, so there will be alot of people standing or sitting on the hill for the entire game. If you want a seat I would def get there early.

SaintX09 said:
Just an FYI to all those atteding the game Saturday @ 2:00, it will be on St. X's back track field due to the stupid Cross Country Invitational where they're supposudly using an empty 8,000 seat Stadium as the finish line for the event. This was an absolute idiotic thing to do IMO, the back field only holds about 300 people, so there will be alot of people standing or sitting on the hill for the entire game. If you want a seat I would def get there early.
Your an idiot ... don't even talk... the crosss country meet has been going for probably more then ten years...you want them to rearrange the whole race for a trivial j.v. football game...and yes there normally is good attendence at the meet...And don't call the cross country meet stupid...Honestly, i hate people like you

i can garuntee you that a varsity cross country meet deserves a lot more respect then what your are giving them...quit being an ignorant sophmore

SaintX09 said:
The Breakdowns for Saturday's GCL Showdown

QB
Sam Edmiston, Joe O'Toole
vs.
Joey Hetzer

RB
Nevin Heard
vs.
Dequan Wright

WR(s)
Mellot, Jones, Del Prince
vs.
Hoelker, Skove, Grombala, Schroeder

FB
X: Earley
Elder: Carswell

TE
Luke Kuechly
vs.
Curt Graman

O-line
X: Sander, Koenig, Vance, Douglas, Long
Elder: Haws, Goins, Hahn, Bujnoch, Wittwer

D-Line
X: Hervey, Cummings, Kaiser,
Elder: Dafin, Kelley, Miller, ?

Linebackers
X: Lees, Dugan, Herman, Scott
Elder: King, Palmosano, ?

Secondary
X: Moffat, Cummins, Freudiger, Jacobs, Ramstetter
Elder: Mitchell, Sims, Felix, Autenrieb

Who do you believe has the edge in the game?

Elder's JV has been decimated even more now due to injuries on the varsity level. Hetzer may not be available for the whole game due to him being backup on varsity. As long as Groene doesn't get injured, he will play. It is likely Zac Asman (CB) will move up to varsity full time as well as Alex Carswell (FB). Scales has not played a down of JV yet, nor has Jabari Battle.

I think X has a shot at this one, but Elder's sophs are not only good, they are deep too. We'll see what happens.

Even with the injuries, I don't see X winning this game. Elder's soph class is too deep. No knock on X, but I'd be disappointed if Elder lost...much like I'd imagine X fans would be if Elder won the varsity game.

eastside_purple said:
Even with the injuries, I don't see X winning this game. Elder's soph class is too deep. No knock on X, but I'd be disappointed if Elder lost...much like I'd imagine X fans would be if Elder won the varsity game.

I agree, I guess I was just trying to be diplomatic. If Elder plays this game at full strength (with all varsity regulars), they don't break a sweat, much like the frosh game last year.

Spille said:
I agree, I guess I was just trying to be diplomatic. If Elder plays this game at full strength (with all varsity regulars), they don't break a sweat, much like the frosh game last year.
im assuming "dont break a sweat" is figurative

I think that if x plays their game like they can then it will be a great game. Either way the CC meet is an interference but a wins a win. Talking smack is a lot of Elder's favorite thing to do. Hope they can back it up.

My thoughts/recap on the game are that x dominated the whole game...if you take out the second half of the 4th quarter then the score was 31-14 x...and of thsoe 14 points x's defense gave up only 7...the whole second half of the 4th quarter x's defense was in their prevent defense...the only thing that prevented was x from keeping their lead. Overall elder didn't look nearly as good as they did last year when they stomped x's jv as frosh..(provided that might be because of loss of personal to varsity)...x's offense and defense was clicking if x plays like they did earlier today the rest of the year they win out
P.S. i really enjoeyed the elder parent yelling "how much did you pay those mother fukcing reff's you rich mother ----ers"...i am always glad to hear the extensive vocabulary of the elder nation

X came ready to play and Elder didn't, X exucuted very nicely when they had to and Elder didn't. X's O was simply better than Elders D today, When X wanted to score, they scored. Elder couldn't stop Heard and Earley. I think you have to give credit to the X defense for simply shutting down Elders rushing attack and making them one dimensional. Hetzer really looked shaky today. He had good protection but simply underthrew many balls leading to X INTs. Danny Freudiger had 3 INTs which shot down a lot of Elders drives, Edmiston played a great game leading the offense. Earley and Heard were absolute standouts on the offensive side, each had 2 TDs. This team is looking VERY strong heading into the strech run of the season.

i concur prevent defense does suck...adn we ran it the almost all of the 4th quarter, but i disagree with the score...it should've been 31-14

It's funny how Elder likes to talk alot pre-game but backs it up maybe 25% of the time. They like to make a good name for themselves. No wonder why they're hard, they have to be with all that going on. Offensively came out with a bang. They set the tone for the game but could use some more work. Less penalties and fumbles. Defense had a really good game. they completely shut down the run but prevent could use some help. GCL.

For Stenger

Dear all J.V. football players,
Do not get cocky!! You still have to beat both Moeller and Lasalle to win the GCl. Both of these teams you guys lost to last year, not to mention you got stomped by lasalle. Also to go undefeated you have to take down both Cleveland St. I's and Indy cathedral and i know that Indy has a score to settle after you guys took it to them at their house. My message is simple, stay focused and never look past a game.

with the team 6-0, i still have this question, are the coaches putting the best possible team on the field?
as good a kuechly is at TE shouldn't he be playing somewhere as a SS WS or adjuster?
shouldnt moffat be getting in more than he is?
shouldnt otoole not get a single snap unless it is an ABSOLUTE blowout?
shouldnt cummins be playing WR not C or SS or watever they think he shoud play?
shouldnt kadawni NOT be starting?

yeah all those are questionable, some are good points some arent but you have to remember its a varsity prep team. If you wanna talk to Specht himself about pullin Cummins up go for it, but i trust him

final score 32-12
it was 24-0 in the third quarter before the starters were pulled...4th quarter was all non-starters
everything was clicking for the O...nevin was being himself..edmiston was throwing well...offense play calling was good
defense absolutly shut down la salle's FB #16...he tore up the frosh team last year with at least 200 yards rushing and this year was held to no more than 50yds rushing..20 of which came on the first play

eastsidebomber said:
final score 32-12
defense absolutly shut down la salle's FB #16...he tore up the frosh team last year with at least 200 yards rushing and this year was held to no more than 50yds rushing..20 of which came on the first play
....FYI....number 16 is not lasalle's fullback from last year...last year 16 only played defense...the full back as well as many other kids on lasalle's team are academically ineligable