JV Football '06 (If you really care)

eastsidebomber said:
with the team 6-0, i still have this question, are the coaches putting the best possible team on the field?
as good a kuechly is at TE shouldn't he be playing somewhere as a SS WS or adjuster?
shouldnt moffat be getting in more than he is?
shouldnt otoole not get a single snap unless it is an ABSOLUTE blowout?
shouldnt cummins be playing WR not C or SS or watever they think he shoud play?
shouldnt kadawni NOT be starting?

1. Kuechly is such a pure TE, its almost like he was bread to be one. No way he is quick enough for WR position, and he is needed more on O than on Defense.

2. IMO, Freudiger hasnt really played to great beside all of his INTs Moffat is more physical but doesnt have the speed of Fruediger.

3. Don't worry about O'Toole, Edmiston is starting to solidify the QB posistion.

4. Cummins would def start @ WR at the JV level but Specht wants him up on Varsity where the secondary was pretty thin.

5. Kadawni is playing very solid rotating with Dave Herman. He is so strong and fast that he needs to find a place to play.

kadawni may be strong and fast (which he most definately is)...but he really isn't physical...danny freudiger...one ---- of a corner, but just like kadawni he needs to be physical

What guys from JV do you think will have an impact on varsity next year, besides Cummings and Lees (if he even plays JV anymore)?

xbomberman67 said:
What guys from JV do you think will have an impact on varsity next year, besides Cummings and Lees (if he even plays JV anymore)?

I don't see too many JV kids making huge impacts on varsity really besides Lees, who could def get som playing time, and Cummins who should should play FS IMO bc he could def make an impact their (Robbe Leaving).

I don't see any offensive skill posistion players starting, but IO do think they will make solid back ups to plenty of seniors.

There will be more than you think. An example would be the underestimated Pat Muldoon in the beginning of the season. The only difference this time is another whole year to become bigger and faster. I see some players stepping up and getting PT.

Pete Lees could probably start in the spot of Tim Burke. At least one JR will start in the secondary i think. Heard and Early will see a little PT somewhere throughout the year. Also, there will be three O-line positions up for grabs.

SaintX09 said:
I don't see too many JV kids making huge impacts on varsity really besides Lees, who could def get som playing time, and Cummins who should should play FS IMO bc he could def make an impact their (Robbe Leaving).

I don't see any offensive skill posistion players starting, but IO do think they will make solid back ups to plenty of seniors.
uhh...pretty sure robbe is Strong safety

bomberfan55 said:
Pete Lees could probably start in the spot of Tim Burke. At least one JR will start in the secondary i think. Heard and Early will see a little PT somewhere throughout the year. Also, there will be three O-line positions up for grabs.
-the three o line positions are complete toss ups between douglas, long(6'1 ish, but only about 180 or so), mike vance, and posibly a couple of now freshmen ... i don't see tim koenig or sanders taking any of the three positions....but you never know
-and i don't know where connor or nevin would see some playing time except when we are up by 4 touchdowns. There is just too much talent in front of them with darius at tailback, luca at fullback, and berning who can play both positions

Kuechly will start next year at long snapper, and could probably start at the safety position that Eric Robbe plays if he switches next year, if not, he will probably get some good time at TE. If Douglas put on 30-35 more pounds he could maybe start on the O-Line next year. Pete Lees will start, because he is everything, he is strong, fast, physical and has a nose for the ball. He gets in on some blitz packages for varsity. Cummins will start next year somewhere in the secondary, and Brandon Jacobs (imo the most underrated player on the team) will be a solid back up. Sam Edmiston has shown what he can do when he has a little bit of time (by the way, our class is 8-0 when Edmiston starts games) and he will be a solid 2nd or 3rd string QB.

By the way we are already guranteed a share of the GCL championship because Moeller lost to Elder. I called back when I started this thread, and there were many people that doubted us.

Beat Cathedral!

St X class of 09 said:
Kuechly will start next year at long snapper, and could probably start at the safety position that Eric Robbe plays if he switches next year, if not, he will probably get some good time at TE. If Douglas put on 30-35 more pounds he could maybe start on the O-Line next year. Pete Lees will start, because he is everything, he is strong, fast, physical and has a nose for the ball. He gets in on some blitz packages for varsity. Cummins will start next year somewhere in the secondary, and Brandon Jacobs (imo the most underrated player on the team) will be a solid back up. Sam Edmiston has shown what he can do when he has a little bit of time (by the way, our class is 8-0 when Edmiston starts games) and he will be a solid 2nd or 3rd string QB.

By the way we are already guranteed a share of the GCL championship because Moeller lost to Elder. I called back when I started this thread, and there were many people that doubted us.

Beat Cathedral!
Kuechly it such a good tight end tho. He could start at tight end next year IMO. I don't know if i could see ian playing S.S. yet, he is still yet to show me he can play it, but i know that he can definately come up and make big plays at corner (not saying he didn't make big plays at Safety, cuz he did) also ian has the best hands on the team with his size, speed, and hands he can be a force at W.R. as he was freshmen year. Also Since i know for a fact that Kuechly doesn't want to play T.E. next year and that he wants to play safety maybe we could switch Ian and Luke. With Ian's size in the box on offense darius could break some monster sweeps as well Ian is a good throwing target

stxbomber43 said:
Also Since i know for a fact that Kuechly doesn't want to play T.E. next year and that he wants to play safety maybe we could switch Ian and Luke. With Ian's size in the box on offense darius could break some monster sweeps as well Ian is a good throwing target

Are you insinuating that Cummins could play TE for Varsity next year? There is absolutely no way Cummins has the size to be a TE on the Varsity Level. Look @ our TE's now- Knueven and Gagnon, Knueven is at least 6'3" 225 and Gagnon is 6'4".

All i know is that Kuechly wants to move back to safety..and personally i think that Kuechly is the best safety that we have/had, but at the same time he is one ---- of a tite end...and cummins is 6'1 185lbs...and last time i checked darius ashley put on 25 lbs between sophmore and junior year (correct me if i am wrong) so whats to stop cummins from puttin on at least 20lbs..same goes for our present J.V. o line which across the board will probably put on at least 25 lbs (hopefully)

I think there will be one open spot on O-line, as Ian Godofsky and Kyle Wenker will probably both start at the open guard spot and one of the open tackle spots. Douglas could be decent if he beefed up and same for Mike Vance. I could see Kuechly being the 2nd tight end, which X uses alot.

I have a feeling next year that they will be moving stephon ball to tight end. He is big fast and has the qualities to play there. There were rumors at the beginning of the year he would be moved there. Also Ian will probably stay with defense. Coach Specht moved him there for a reason. The secondary will be weak and he has to step up. Kuechly is a very good all around player. I think he has the potential to be a great safety. Tight End is very questionable. But with the way he loves to hit and loves to play the game he's a defensive guy. Offensively next year the wide receivers could be tough. If Stephon is moved there is only Milligan and Schiedler. Scheidler has re-occurring concushions. If he receives one more this year he is done for the season having already received 2. Next year could be the same. There could be some step up there, but no misjudgement of Coach Specht on Ian Cummins.

St X class of 09 said:
Pete Lees will start, because he is everything, he is strong, fast, physical and has a nose for the ball. He gets in on some blitz packages for varsity.
Give him another off-season, working with Carlos in the weight room, plus he'll just grow some naturally, this guy's gonna be a serious force next season on defense. A difference-maker.

the JV team had their un-deafeated season ended today wit a very tough loss to St. I's in double OT today 26-20. The team played fairly decent but missed many oppurtunities. The St. I's team was absolutley loaded with talent, especially their QB and WR who both played in the varsity game later. This should be a very good rivalry next year and the years to come.

x varsity has beaten the I's varsity during the regular season for at least the last 5 years now. It was nice not to have rain this year.

SaintX09 said:
the JV team had their un-deafeated season ended today wit a very tough loss to St. I's in double OT today 26-20. The team played fairly decent but missed many oppurtunities. The St. I's team was absolutley loaded with talent, especially their QB and WR who both played in the varsity game later. This should be a very good rivalry next year and the years to come.

Do you know if the Ignatius QB and WR played the whole JV game? There is a question as to whether they played too many quarters on Saturday.

I know for a fact he played the first second and fourth quarters along with the overtimes but not 100% sure of the third

come on now. after 08 leaves so does coach specht and he takes over Billicheks spot at NE and leads them to 13 straight Super Bowl Wins

i think the 09 class definately can contend for state considering they are pretty athletic behind the super group. They may be a little small but still are going to grow. Also the 08 class will help a lot with size. It will be interesting.

I agree this class has a lot of potential. Everyone made such a huge deal about this class suckng after a sub .500 record last season as frosh. Freshman football means close to nothing. Look at our 05 class only 7-5 as frosh, 15-0 as seniors. And with Specht and his coaches development skills this team can easily take GCL as seniors if they work to their potential.

GCL CHAMPS!
13-8

Brief Summary:
Sam Edmiston took control, throwing 2 TDs (one to Trevor Skove, one to Luke Kuechkly) and 0 ints. He showed how good he can be, and the future at the QB position looks bright for our senior year if he keeps improving. The running game kind of stalled out, but Sam passed well enough to where it didn't matter. Moeller's D had a safety.

On defense, Michael Hervey and Billy Douglas had 1.5 sacks each and had numerous tackles in the backfield. Dave Herman also had a solo sack. They scored on us right away, but Billy Douglas Steve Imholt and Dave Herman hit their running back so hard they broke his collar bone. We had numerous stops on 4th down, and Ned Moffat had a game ending interception.

9-1 and 3-0 in the GCL is a darn good year if you ask me. WHo do you guys see getting PT next year on the varsity level?

ian cummins, pete lees, obviously pat mulldoon, one or more of 09's stellar receivers, possbily an o line-men(if they keep growing, billy douglas has shown a lot this year as well as many others on the o line), all in all many players stepped up from last year...on question i have is who takes the open corner spot?...are there any current frosh who can step up and fill the void
P.S. i am unsure how the backfield of the 09 class will affect varsity next year considering the players in front of them in the 08 class