JV Football '06 (If you really care)

After the Freshman team was 5-6 overall and 4-3 an "A" games, is anyone wondering what the team can do? Granted that everyone was not that big on the team, I think we have a good chance of going 2-1 or maybe if we play up to our potential 3-0 in the GCL. My reaosning for this is because Moeller is having kids transfer left and right plus they are beatable even with those kids, we played dead against LaSalle and they are easily beatable too, and Elder will probably dress numerous studs on the Varsity level. Here is my prediction for the starting line ups for defense and offense.

QB- Sam Edmiston, he's got the talent and the athletic ability, now the only thing he needs is a good O-Line, and with Douglas, and everyone getting better he should have more time to throw the ball
RB- Connor Earley, if he doesn't get too cocky and if he can hold on to the ball he will be GREAT!
FB- Depends on who goes out for that position, I heard Pat Akujobi was thinking of going out for FB.
WR - Ian Cummins, fast, strong, and physical he is just a work horse in the weightroom, and on the field
WR- Nevin Heard, fast and has good hands will take one going across the middle or just beat someone down
TE- Kevin Chase, can block and catch, is a great athlete
LT- Anthony Kaiser, he was the person who recieved the least amount of credit on the line, IMO one of the best on the line
LG- Possibly the weakest position on the team, but Adam Loesing would be decent to good there.
C- Mike Vance, no one will give him any competition from this position
RG- Billy Douglas, although he is coming back from a broken hip, he's told me he wants the position, plus the dude's strong like a bear
RT- Paul Waller, if Paul gets some good technique and better footwork, he could possibly start Varsity as a Junior

Defense

LT- Nick Matthews, he isn't the most athleticly gifted, but just simply outworks everyone
NG- Michael Hervey, he is kind of like the Kaiser of the O-Line, very good, but just not as good as Matthews and Muldoon
RT- Pat Muldoon and ???, I put ??? there because Pat will not get as much playing time if he gets in any games at the Varsity level, if Pat's there then X had a very good front 3
OLB- Steven Cummings, was one of the best linebackers, but had concussions and had to sit out the 2nd half of the season
ILB- Luke Kuechly, A great worker who can just hit people very, very hard
ILB- Kyle Lyons, he should of been there last year, and he is one of, if not the strongest kid on the team.
OLB- Brendan Long, ??? Dan Hellman might not be able to play because of his ACL, but Brenden should be a great replacement, he's just a great worker
CB- Ned Mofat, showed signs of greatness in his 1st year of playing football, and should easily have this starting spot
FS- Richard Levernier, a lot of people thought that he wasn't that good, but he was, and not many people will give him competiton for this position unless Mike Basil switches to FS
SS- Pete Lees, if he can play to his potential, he is the best player on the team, if he can't he is still in the top 10 best players of the team
CB- Brandon Jacobs- Just a good athlete, plays good smart football and doesn't make mistakes.

That's my lineup for the JV team, if you have any questions, feel free to ask. If you care a ton PM me

Whats the sceduele look like? Also, don't worry about replacing Muldoon because he won't get in long enough on varsity to not play JV-Joe Langen got some PT on varsity last year but he still started most of the JV games.

if pat can prove himself to even be decent on the dline, he'll play. our dline isnt to strong when you look at it now. someone has to step up

The schedule will be the 3 GCL games, where at least 2 our wins, and the Elder game is questionable. I think it's definitly a possibility that we could be GCL champs or co-GCL champs. Also, I saw Marty Dugan doing like 10 billion pounds on each machine at the afternoon liftings, so he'll probably start at either fullback or linebacker, because he's powerful and a really good athlete. There are still a lot of key players not at the liftings due to baseball try-outs and track.

i dont think they always do it. dont think becuase alot of the '08 class saw the field with the varsity that itll be the same with the '09 class. '08 is a special class and special case.

St X and Mason JV and Freshman play a regular game in week 4 besides the scrimmage in August.

I'm really looking forward to it, last years Freshman scrimmage was pretty much a tie. There are not too many Sophomores from Mason that are going to play regularly this year on varsity in my opinion. The Freshman class at Mason is absolutely loaded.

I know we are still not at a point to hang on a Varsity level yet but with the '09 and '10 classes, I think we are really starting to put some talent out there.

Who else do you guys play on JV non-GCL?

No clue on our Non-GCL games. The scrimmage was a tie, but you really can't count that because they were making sure that everyone played some downs and stuff. It should be a good match up.

the only jv game that is nonGCL that is guarenteed is the game against ignatius. we've had a long time deal with them on the jv level to have them come down here every other year. they stay in the jv kids' houses while they are here, and then we do the same thing when we go up there. it's been good for us both and should continue for the forseeable future

muldoon on varsity next yr? i dont see that. i was not impressed with early at all last yr. he is way too cocky and fumble prone. they should be better than they were as freshman but you have to think that will mainly because elder and lasalle in particular will have a bunch of sophomores playing varsity next yr.

I agree with everything you say about Ealrey, but he has the potential to become good or great, he did stop fumbling towards the end of the year, and his arrogance is his biggest problem

I played for Elder on the freshman team. Every time he touched the ball he got hammered because of the terrible o line. It wasn't early's fault.

Yes, the O-line was bad border-line terrible. I think everyones getting bigger, faster, and stronger, and if they are good then Earlet will be good, and if Earley is good, then that gives our offense a go to person on 2 out of the 4 downs. That would be good, because we wouldnt need to rely on Sam Edmiston to have to launch the ball down the field every play

what's this i hear about mike frey and trevor hoelker trying out for quarterback. and what are they going to do about the fullback position i have been hearing things that Kadani Scott will play fullback

Kadawni? K Dawn played his first year of football, ever, last year. he wont be doing anything but learning the game of football.

Last year the coaches tried Kadawni at O-Line, TE, D-Line. LB. He is a physical speciman, but he just lacks the thought process and intensity that football requires. The coaches on JV will give him numerous oppurtunities to play, but he is still learning.

40 times (for projected starters)
Pat Muldoon (D-Line) -5.06
Billy Douglas (O-Line) -5.42
Mike Vance (O-Line) -5.47
Brandon Jacobs (CB) - 4.89
Mike Hervey (D-Line) - 5.12
Pete Lees (LB/SS) - 4.87
Marty Dugan (LB/FB) - 5.18
Kyle Lyons (LB) - 4.95
Sam Edmiston (QB) - 4.9
Kevin Chase (TE) - 5.25

Last edited:
Bench Press

Kadawni Scott - 10x 185
Kyle Lyons - 9x 185
Pat Muldoon - 7x 185
Pete Lees - 4x 185
Billy Douglas - 3x 185
Brandon Jacobs - 11x 135
Michael Hervey - 10x 135
Marty Dugan [- 9x 135
Mike Vance - 8x 135
Sam Edmiston - 7x 135
Bret Shoenling - 6x 135
Kevin Chase - 6x 135

Kyle Lyons did not even start last year, are you guys sure about his numbers in the 40 (4.95) and bench press (9 reps)? It just seems unlikely that a guy that puts up numbers like this did not even get playing time last year....

Kyle has gotten a lot stronger and faster from last year but strength and speed doesn't mean everything. Some people just aren't good at football no matter how fast or strong they are. He also didn't see eye to eye with his position coach so he became lazy and didn;t try at all in practice.

I think he will start next year at Middle linebacker because he is big, fast, and strong. Also our old middle linebacker is moving to a different position.