ITCL upper and Lower tier what does everyone think

was a great game. as far as the ref's they did fine... when you have a physical aggressive team like the style columbiana played they tend to let them play more. i was surprised the first half at lowellville having so much trouble with the full court press... also didnt help that one of your leaders picked up her 4th foul in the 2 Q. 2nd half different story.. loweville started breaking the press and more importantly getting quick scores off it... that and the foul troubble in the 3rd Q forced mosh to pull them back some... from the looks of it this col team is built for the in your face pressure. they just dont look comfortable having to play back..

that fresh low played #12 i think... she is a beast... physical on the boards with just enough pizzed off attitude that u want in the post.. you teach her to hit some foul shots (i think she was like 3-15 at the line) and she will be a tough one to stop....

great game played on both sides was a fun one to watch... good job girls
I have to respectfully disagree on the the officials. They were so inconsisitent in their calls,both ways that the girls had know idea how to play. They were calling foul from positions on court that they could not even see what was happening. The two male officials at times looked like they were anticipating the fouls before they even happened. And calling some that never happened at all. On to other things, as for #12 foul shooting, most of the time she pretty good. But being a freshmen and this being the first big game for her she may have been a little nervous.

Psyco - not disagreeing with the fouls being called, I think more times than not, that plays into Columbiana's favor. They want to play physical. There was a lot of missed traveling calls. But when it's an up tempo game like that, I can understand, I know or have had a lot of those refs, and I've never had a problem with them. By all means, the refs should get zero blame for Columbiana's loss, or Lowellville's win, it came down to which team did the small things better. Lowellville finished lay ups when it mattered, hit big shots when they needed it, and you can tell even when they were down 12, that they weren't out of it. A lot of teams go in down 12 and already pack it in.
The Clippers missed multiple lay ups and foul shots that could have changed the outcome of the game completely. None the less, the game was hyped up to everything it was suppose to be, in my opinion.
Neither team has nothing to be ashamed of, unfortunately, someone had to lose. Those are the type of games that are fun to play in, coach in, and watch. January 28th will determine who shares the title and who win's it outright, no doubt in my mind.
Also I'm glad to see everyone on here and everyone else have enough knowledge of the game that they see it was 2 great teams battling it out and not putting blame on anyone or anything. I think Lowellville has been waiting for a game like that in league play for a while, and as for Columbiana - they know what they have to do to be considered one of the top teams in the league.

I can't really say anything about the fouls. They were pretty even on both sides. For every missed foul, there was probably a miss travel call. I'm not saying the refs were great, but I've seen far worse, and they let both teams play. I'm sure we all could sit here and knit pick about missed calls on both ends, but as I'm told, and I teach, anticipate not getting the call and it's a variable of the game you can't change and you have to play through.

Lowellville is at Wellsville
Mc Donald is at home against Leetonia
Western Reserve is at Sebring
Southern at Columbiana

and range at united... is for the 1st in the upper... if range can cut back on turnovers and score off the press we got a good chance. i dont think our half court offence will score us what we need to beat them by itself...

Columbiana 58 Southern 20. A Very ugly game. Realistically it should have been 90 - 20. Clips had a lot of missed lay ups. You could see that the loss to Lowellville took some wind out of there sails. They will have to bounce back within the next week, I think Crestview has a bitter taste in there mouth from getting beat at Columbiana the first time.

South Range is still fairly young. I think at the end of the season they will be a tough team to beat. They still have some good players, but a lot of time with youth and big games, you see a lot of turnovers you normally wouldn't see from a team led by a lot of seniors.

What games do teams have over Christmas break? I know Columbiana is at Crestview next thursday.

Range gets Mooney, loweville then crestview.... tough next 3 games... they looked good at times vs united... i am just so suprised we have no one willing to take a 10 or 12 foot jumper. everything is driving to the hoop... again that is more inexperience than anything else but until someone take those shots regularly to take some of the pressure off Napels we are going to struggle.

like I said. Young team, the confidence will come, I think they will be a very solid team and is the only team I think who can beat United.
It would be fun to see Columbiana, United, and Lowellville in the same tier.

so i see the clippers have crestview tonight.. i think the rebals will be looking for some pay back. they have an older team, might handle the pressure better this time around. i might have to go check this one out since range is off....

despite being undefeated i dont think lordstown will make much of a game of it... it dosnt look as if they have played anybody... the range/lowellville game next week should be good....

indeed they did congrats to lordstown.... sounds like was a great game... just goes to show u we know nothing on these boards...... :0

columbiana looked good in there win. score was closer than the game was at 39-33. I was surprised that crestview was not more creative trying to get harrison the ball. columbiana played a deny D on harrison and loose switching man on everyone else. harrison would just head to a corner and stand. didnt work to hard to get open and creastview coaches did noting to try to get her open. At least make the girls guarding her work a bit. run some double screens or some picks for her.

I think that was a game Columbiana needed. It was tough and physical. The ref's really let them play. To the point that there could have been a few T's called if need be.

Here's a question I was wondering about the past day or so. Where would Columbiana be if they were still in the upper tier? It looks like it would come down to them and United, but is United as good as Lowellville?

ya it would be col and united.... i do think united is a very good team. they have some bigger girls that can handle the ball well. There half court game would be better but your not a team that lets u set into a half court game very easy.... would be a fun one to see....

Range is at Lowellville tomorrow... we will see if range girls are ready to step up a bit and beat a quality team so far its been win the games your should and lose to the better teams...

How Everyone do tonight? Clips 91 EP 30 to be honest it could have been worse. Clips didn't press after half time. They just shot really well and the refs let both teams play. Which plays into Columbiana's favor.

Lowellville beat SR by 1 in game that was played in runs. Seemed like one team got hot and the other couldnt find the bottom of the net. then a minute later it was the complete opposite. SR missed a 10 ft jumper with about 3 seconds left that would have won the game. great game to watch instead of all those snoozers the rockets play in the league. Except columbiana of course. I dont think either columbiana or lowellvilee lose another game in the league and the 2nd match up is for a tie or an all out league crown for the rockets. either way it gives lowellville 5 in a row. I havnt seen anyone in the league that could pull the upset. Anybody disagree?

Columbiana is the only team that can and could beat them. In the first game you could tell in the first half the clippers came out and played to win. In the 2nd half they played not to lose. And there aren't very many teams who can play not to lose, and still win games.
I know Columbiana has McDonald Saturday at 2:30. Whats McDonald shaping up to be like?

That the Clippers did. Scoring was fairly even across the board. Columbiana had one of there starters sit because of a leg injury. This week they have Heartland, and Leetonia. Another 2 games that don't seem to be much of a challenge.

u think where there program is headed they will schedule a few better out of league? I know lowellville has had canfield the last few years... south range has struthers, west branch and poland.... I would like to maybe see them take on salem, canfield or poland.... maybe go south and play e liverpool...

Personally. I think so. I only say this because our freshman girls play Boardman, Canfield, and a couple of the other bigger schools as it is. I don't see why you wouldn't when you know you'll have good teams for years to come. This freshman class is very good. And the 7th and 8th graders have quite a few good players as well. My niece plays in 5th grade so I've seen the 5th and 6th graders and if those 2 groups stick together, they will be pretty solid.

If this season was going to be a one and done, then I'd say keep this schedule you have. But I really do think Columbiana should be good for the next 6-7 years, if not longer. Even if they don't win those games, there is a lot you can pull from them, and I'd like to see them play those teams, simply due to the fact, that it's different and better competition, and generally teams with more than 1 or 2 good players. You're right every other team around here plays some kind of better competition. I think Columbiana got away from it for a couple of years because honestly we weren't producing wins, but with the added games it should make it easier. They will always have EP and Crestview because of the rivalry. But I wouldn't mind seeing. Girard,Liverpool, Salem, Canfield, West Branch, Mooney, Ursuline, Poland, or any of those other bigger schools in the area or even a holiday tournament. I guess Time will tell.

ya, that's what i was thinking... they should be up for a few years and being in the lower tier there will be some god awful games to watch...... u could cut range and crestview down to 1 x a year and easily fit in 2 other bigger schools. although as range is seeing this year when u schedule the big boys and u have a down year it dose make for a long season.... we still have mooney and w branch to play... I hope they keep them scheduled though cause they will be back....

ya, that's what i was thinking... they should be up for a few years and being in the lower tier there will be some god awful games to watch...... u could cut range and crestview down to 1 x a year and easily fit in 2 other bigger schools. although as range is seeing this year when u schedule the big boys and u have a down year it dose make for a long season.... we still have mooney and w branch to play... I hope they keep them scheduled though cause they will be back....
Actually Columbiana will be back in the upper tier next year.

Blue - The boys will be back in the upper tier. The girls will still be in the lower tier. Don't ask me how or why. To me I think it's more of a football thing. But in my opinion, Columbiana's football team will be down for a couple of years until this freshman and 8th grade class get a little older.

I think the low scores are kind of a mesh of both. Team's don't have the shooters or as much scoring as they used to. Also, I think there is a lot of youth in both tiers. This is just my observation. As a whole both leagues are down.

Here's a question to toggle. If Columbiana, Lowellville, and United are all in the same league, who would win it?

Also does anyone know who the top scorer's are with ppg?
I know Fullum is avg 18 and Cutlip about 12. (per maxpreps) Just interested on how a couple other of the girls are doing. Harrison? Naples? The girl from United. I figured Lowellville has 2 or 3 girls who are avg about 10+ each.

@ scipio, not sure if range will schedule the CM game... as bad as the raiders r playing would not hurt if they didn't... I have not seen a varsity team miss sooooo many layup as range did vs creastview.... give harrison credit they held her to 12 thru 4 Q then she lit it up in overtime... I think she had 10 or 12 in overtime alone...

as far as who would win if there were only 1 teir? sorry columbiana... i would pick united 1st low 2nd and u 3ed... till this year i would have given lowellville the nod... now i think united is bigger with more depth.. i have seen both teams 2x and columbiana 3x...

I do feel like you that both tiers are way down from the past few years..

as far as player of the year.. i do think harrison is down a bit from last year.. so the door is open... typically the vindy will put out states update around now...