ITCL upper and Lower tier what does everyone think

The ITCL is the Inter-Tri County League in Northeast Ohio. It was formed by combining the old Inter-county League and the old Tri-county League. The upper tier is made up of larger schools from both old league and the lower tier the smalled schools.

The lower teir lost A LOT of quality players from last year to graduation. Tipton, Stanley, Dowling (even though she was hurt), the Lowellville girls just to name a few. I think Lowellville still owns the lower, but 2 thru 8 is a complete toss up.

The lower teir lost A LOT of quality players from last year to graduation. Tipton, Stanley, Dowling (even though she was hurt), the Lowellville girls just to name a few. I think Lowellville still owns the lower, but 2 thru 8 is a complete toss up.
I agree that Lowellville should be the team to beat this year. They have some spots to fill, but the have a very good core returning and some good younger players.

I believe that Columbiana will really surprise people. Only graduated one senior from a very gritty team. Plus younger levels had talent. The upper tier looks like a two horse raise between United and South Range. Jackson Milton could play spoiler though.

jacksom milton going for the possible trifecta won league vollyball favorite in softball and a darkhorse surprise in bball team statrs practice tomorrow after long vollyball season senior class strong go lady jays go

na i dont see JM beating range or united...i also think Harrison will own them at creastview.... its a big jump from lower tier to upper, at least in b-ball.. they owned the league in v-ball... also columbiana has a strong team with lowellville losses I like them to win it... what dose reserve have coming back?

jacksom milton going for the possible trifecta won league vollyball favorite in softball and a darkhorse surprise in bball team statrs practice tomorrow after long vollyball season senior class strong go lady jays go

Favorite in softball? Does South Range know about this?

Anyone that over looks Lowellville as the favorite to win the Lower Tier again this year is just whistling pass the graveyard at their own peril. I don't think that any of the coaches are going to over look them. As some of the other teams in the leagues fans seem to be doing. True they lost three thousand point scorers, but they also have two starters from last year that may reach the mark this year, plus a group of backup that saw tons of playing time against the rest of the league starters. Based on that and the fact they have one of the better girls coaches in the area, I think you will see them pick up right where they left off last year.

there is no question that lowellville will be up there...im just saying unlike the past few years its not a slam dunk that they will win it. they will be pushed a little bit more by Columbiana... did lowellville even field a JV team last year? I did see wellsville in a scrimmage this year and they had nothing...

Lowellville had a JV team and some of them saw alot of varsity time due to some of the scores after third quarter.

Both the boys and girls won. I think the girls score was something like 52 to 28 over Mineral Ridge. I may be off some and the boys won against Southington by 10.

i went to the range columbiana game...was some of the sloppiest bball i have seen in years by both teams. sure i hope it was due to first game... Also I saw lisbon beat E liverpool? that surprised me. Maybe lisbon will be 1 too watch also..

i went to the range columbiana game...was some of the sloppiest bball i have seen in years by both teams. sure i hope it was due to first game... Also I saw lisbon beat E liverpool? that surprised me. Maybe lisbon will be 1 too watch also..

who ended up winning that game? the south range - columbiana

Last edited:
columbiana 36-29...yes that is not a half time score but final...we will say neither team could shoot.... I did see lowellville had a nice win vs springfield... i was looking at there schedule on maxpress... not seeing many close games again this year...

Lower Tier:
This is a toss up between Lowellville and Columbiana -- I wouldn't take the Clippers first game to heart to much. 1. It was the first game of the season 2. The refs let them play 3. It was Columbiana/ South Range this game has become rather intense as of late. 4. Columbiana's girls were playing for the first time with a brand new head coach. Scrimmages and summer shoot outs don't do justice when it comes to game time.
Columbiana is making a push to be top dog in the lower tier, I really can't wait to see them and Lowellville, it should be a great game.
-The other teams, I really think 3-8 is a toss up, I'd notch the top 2 spots to the Rockets and Clippers, and everyone else will just fall into place from there.

The upper Tier
--This is Uniteds to lose, If anyone can beat them, its South Range, but they are young, come the end of the year they will be a pretty solid team, but United has a pretty strong tradition and just keep reloading. I see United and South Range at 1 and 2. Crestview at 3. Crestview MIGHT be able to get one of the top 2 teams, but if any coach scouted the Columbiana/Crestview game, Columbiana eliminated her completely from the game.

As far as players
Harrison, Naples, Fullum, Pierce, Zehentenbuer? (I know this is wrong, someone please correct me) I know there are many more. I just haven't really kept up with names as of late.

Also
Columbiana 86 Sebring 22 - or something like that, I do believe Baylie Mook lead the way with 33 points.

range beat springfield 41-32... finley started playing better... just in time for the league games... united still team to beat hands down... wow big game from mook... way 2 go baily...

rough start for coach Dolsak in McD. Cant have 5 of your first 6 games at home and get blown out in every game. I understand they are a young team but from what i hear, youth is the least of their problems right now! Of course you have to give the first time coach a little slack i guess but the kind of basketball they are playing right now does not help the future of the program. Do you think the girls at the Jr high level, more importantly their parents, get excited when they watch the product being put out there right now?

rough start for coach Dolsak in McD. Cant have 5 of your first 6 games at home and get blown out in every game. I understand they are a young team but from what i hear, youth is the least of their problems right now! Of course you have to give the first time coach a little slack i guess but the kind of basketball they are playing right now does not help the future of the program. Do you think the girls at the Jr high level, more importantly their parents, get excited when they watch the product being put out there right now?
Nice post there y-town,but I think I detect some sour grapes. If you want to blame some one for the state of the girls program at McDonald, look in the past to the former coaches of the junior high level through varsity over the last 6 or 7 years. you will find your answer.It's a little unfair to blame someone that took over a team that last year did not have a J.V. team.

i remember the current 10th grade class played range in jr high.... it was clear back then they were not getting what they needed... I think they were either shut out or score 2 points... was very hard to watch... unless u have a stud player a good program must start in the jr high and below level...

Nice post there y-town,but I think I detect some sour grapes. If you want to blame some one for the state of the girls program at McDonald, look in the past to the former coaches of the junior high level through varsity over the last 6 or 7 years. you will find your answer.It's a little unfair to blame someone that took over a team that last year did not have a J.V. team.

Yes Blue, you've made it very clear you were not a fan of the previous coaches at McD. Just as i have made it clear i was not a fan of the Dolsak hire. But can you honestly sit there and try to say the last 6-7 years are to blame for the state of the girls program? You are talking about the last 6-7 years with a record around 87-40 and multiple trips to the District Final game and a few trips to Regionals? Am i missing something there? Seems like a run that most schools in the league, outside of Lowellville, would kill to have. Call me crazy, but a decent coach is needed to make a run like that. And the former coaches at the junior high level? Correct me if I'm wrong, but arent the same coaches under Hilbun still there working under Dolsak? I was not aware that she made any changes.

Now to the JV last year. Obviously the team was hurt when 2 starters at the varsity level decided to train to throw the shot and disc all winter to get ready for track season and the 2 guards that are sisters decided not to play. Is the coach to blame for that? Possibly. But it definitely forced JV players that were nowhere near ready for varsity action to step up. I'm sure i dont need to explain to you how many quarters each player can play per week/season. So you see the dilemma with having only 5 legit varsity players on the team instead of the 9 they shouldve had. Coach needed to have those JV players dress varsity in case of injury/foul trouble. So pulling up those 3 JV girls to always dress varsity left the JV team with 4 players instead of 7. Therefore, no season.

I understand your point saying that its tough to take over a team that did not have a JV squad last year. But to clear it up a little bit, they did have a JV team. Yes they did not play any games, as the few that they did try to schedule ended up getting cancelled, but they did have a full season of practicing with the varsity. Is that enough for their development? No, but it's not like they weren't there busting their butts to get better each day in practice.

i remember the current 10th grade class played range in jr high.... it was clear back then they were not getting what they needed... I think they were either shut out or score 2 points... was very hard to watch... unless u have a stud player a good program must start in the jr high and below level...

Cant agree with you more! And that is still the same 8th grade coach in place today as it was 2 years ago when the current 10th grade class played for him and would be lucky to score 4 pts a game. He may have no clue what he is doing, but that 10th grade class isnt exactly setting the world on fire either. I would confidently say the current 7th, 8th, or 9th grade classes could each hand it to the 10th graders if they were to play against each other!