Golden Gate Protesters Are Guilty of Kidnapping

It's cool that you think an estimated $51 million loss in wages to the U.S. automotive and transportation industry wasn't a big deal, 'cuz Canada. Lol.
They also conveniently forget after the 2020 election when Truckers for Trump blocked traffic in NY, NJ and Virginia. Remember they were upset because he lost the election. Remember how they were all arrested and charged with kidnapping and maybe even worse. Who knows.

They also conveniently forget after the 2020 election when Truckers for Trump blocked traffic in NY, NJ and Virginia. Remember they were upset because he lost the election. Remember how they were all arrested and charged with kidnapping and maybe even worse. Who knows.
Who did they kidnap?

Unfortunately it does not appear many of these jurisdictions are taking their duty to protect other people’s right to travel seriously. Except for those protesters who were found with weapons, almost all of the protesters arrested Monday were charged with misdemeanors and released from jail on the same day. Considering how many of these jurisdictions also have far-left district attorneys who are inclined to sympathize with the protesters’ politics, most of these criminals will not be prosecuted. That is why this is not the first time we have seen roads around the nation shut down by far-left protesters. They know they will not be punished for their crimes.

State and local governments are mostly free to maintain law and order as they see fit. But that changes when federal money is used to build and maintain highways, or involves critical interstate transportation infrastructure such as airports and bridges. Congress has every right to identify when localities are failing to maintain safe and free passage through federally funded infrastructure and then step in and restore order.

Congress should make the obstruction of traffic on all federally funded roads, and all roads necessary for the use of interstate travel (such as roads to and from an airport), a federal felony. Then if George Soros-funded district attorneys in Oakland or Manhattan refuse to do what is necessary to keep the roads open, federal law enforcement and the Department of Justice can assert jurisdiction to properly keep the peace.

Unfortunately it does not appear many of these jurisdictions are taking their duty to protect other people’s right to travel seriously. Except for those protesters who were found with weapons, almost all of the protesters arrested Monday were charged with misdemeanors and released from jail on the same day. Considering how many of these jurisdictions also have far-left district attorneys who are inclined to sympathize with the protesters’ politics, most of these criminals will not be prosecuted. That is why this is not the first time we have seen roads around the nation shut down by far-left protesters. They know they will not be punished for their crimes.

State and local governments are mostly free to maintain law and order as they see fit. But that changes when federal money is used to build and maintain highways, or involves critical interstate transportation infrastructure such as airports and bridges. Congress has every right to identify when localities are failing to maintain safe and free passage through federally funded infrastructure and then step in and restore order.

Congress should make the obstruction of traffic on all federally funded roads, and all roads necessary for the use of interstate travel (such as roads to and from an airport), a federal felony. Then if George Soros-funded district attorneys in Oakland or Manhattan refuse to do what is necessary to keep the roads open, federal law enforcement and the Department of Justice can assert jurisdiction to properly keep the peace.
So, when the truckers blocked traffic or boycotted delivering to NYC, they should be more harshly prosecuted or maybe even forbidden from driving on roads again ever. Was this article in response to the Truckers that blocked all those roads and bridges?

So, when the truckers blocked traffic or boycotted delivering to NYC, they should be more harshly prosecuted or maybe even forbidden from driving on roads again ever. Was this article in response to the Truckers that blocked all those roads and bridges?
Did you not read the article? LOL
comedy central adam demamp GIF by Workaholics

Seems like a lot of folks have conveniently forgotten the Canadian trucker protest that blocked the Ambassador Bridge. I wonder why? Lol.
You mean a group who was truly aggrieved? And a bridge is a special sort of roadway, see Baltimore bridge collapse.

Nope. Completely different situations. Binary thinking is not really thinking at all.
They are both protests which used the same tactics. The situation is exactly the same. The underlying issue driving the protest is the difference. Twisting yourself to justify your hypocrisy does not change the underlying facts.

Glad we agree on the loser part. I do think calling political rally goers and protesters POS Scumbags is a tad bit aggressive but you do you.
Don't you support the scumbags that rioted all summer in 2020. Not extreme at all calling scumbags what they are

Don't you support the scumbags that rioted all summer in 2020. Not extreme at all calling scumbags what they are
I am not big on any protests ... BLM or MAGA. They don't accomplish anything and the participants only risk ruining their lives. Most of them are sorry they did it when they are living in jail cell.

As for political rally goers, I don't think they are scum but just rudderless losers who think some blowhard grifter is going to improve their lives because they are incapable of improving it themselves.

Seems like a lot of folks have conveniently forgotten the Canadian trucker protest that blocked the Ambassador Bridge. I wonder why? Lol.
Not me.

I haven't forgotten that Biden strong-armed Trudeau into attacking them both professionally and financially on behalf of the UAW, either.

They are both protests which used the same tactics. The situation is exactly the same. The underlying issue driving the protest is the difference. Twisting yourself to justify your hypocrisy does not change the underlying facts.
The underlying issues is what makes them different. You just don't want to admit that.

So you have no ability to make that sort of judgment?
Of course I do. And I advocated my support for the truckers rights to peacefully protest in that thread at the time. The difference is that I'm not drawing a distinction between these events based upon which lever I pull in November, or which party I support. 🤷‍♂️

Of course I do. And I advocated my support for the truckers rights to peacefully protest in that thread at the time. The difference is that I'm not drawing a distinction between these events based upon which lever I pull in November, or which party I support. 🤷‍♂️
Political affiliations has nothing to do with what side I'm on.

Political affiliations has nothing to do with what side I'm on.
Cool. So then I'm left to assume you're upset about vaccination requirements then? If that's the case, then your underlying issue is no more/less important than those folks on the Golden Gate bridge is to them. You just think yours is more important because you don't agree with the other folks, no? Lol.

Cool. So then I'm left to assume you're upset about vaccination requirements then? If that's the case, then your underlying issue is no more/less important than those folks on the Golden Gate bridge is to them. You just think yours is more important because you don't agree with the other folks, no? Lol.
So you actually think like ProV apparently, that there is no difference in the underlying issues prompting the protests.