General NFL Chat

So do the Lions just turn in the pads today and call it a season? I mean it's not going to get much better for them this year is it?

So do the Lions just turn in the pads today and call it a season? I mean it's not going to get much better for them this year is it?
Personally, I'd like to see them pound the Ravens and the perennially over-hyped Cowboys. It would mean so much more than the victory over the Chiefs.

Personally, I'd like to see them pound the Ravens and the perennially over-hyped Cowboys. It would mean so much more than the victory over the Chiefs.

They benefitted greatly from a Chiefs team that was down their best receiver and pass rusher, had multiple drops and a tipped pick 6. I see the Lions as a .500ish team. Montgomery was a nice pickup and they are sold on the run game.

They benefitted greatly from a Chiefs team that was down their best receiver and pass rusher, had multiple drops and a tipped pick 6. I see the Lions as a .500ish team. Montgomery was a nice pickup and they are sold on the run game.

Of course people are overreacting as they were with the Colorado win in college football

I don't claim to know much about the Lions defense, but I have read national articles that pick them to win their division, before the game last night. I'm not sold on Goff, but his skill guys around him are good, and that O-Line was good last year as well. We shall see...

I don't claim to know much about the Lions defense, but I have read national articles that pick them to win their division, before the game last night. I'm not sold on Goff, but his skill guys around him are good, and that O-Line was good last year as well. We shall see...
Lions offense put up 14 points last night. The defense better be elite. Happy for Goff, QB's are tossed aside today for the next fancy model. We've never had less qualified starting QB's than we do today. These rebuilding teams draft guys who are not even close to being ready to play, throw them out on the field and are in the market for another QB within a few games. There is still a big gap between college and pro ball.

All this rah rah bulls**t from Campbell will eventually wear out. Those types of coaches never last in the NFL.

I am starting to believe that Josh Allen was only able to overcome his bad habits from college play in the pros when Brian Daboll was his QB coach. He's reverted to Wyoming Josh.

Looks like he won’t be in the Jets Ring Of Honor
If only he had been properly complimented by a defense, he'd have a few more GB Super Bowls......

Most of his career his GB GMs were the Dolan's of football - pretending they are trying to succeed, but with only obtaining half of the roster talent your sport requires.

Aaron Rodgers down and out 3 plays into the season. Ankle injury.
IMG_9235.jpeg

This was classic. Considering how annoying he’s been since the trade.

It looked like an achilles from the get go with the way the area was stressed and the way he held his foot. He is one annoying arrogant dude bt I wouldn't wish that injury on him. I've heard that the recovery rates for a torn achilles is very low and very few top athletes ever reqain their form after such an injury,

That MNF game was one messed up evening. Of course the big story is Rodgers but the Bills could be looking at a mess on their hands, that is also a tortured fan base and if they continue to lose like that those stupid injuries from jumping on to folding tables will hurt even more. As for the Jets if the OL isn't fixed more guys will get hurt, they could be a team depending on a serious of taxi squad QBs this season.

It looked like an achilles from the get go with the way the area was stressed and the way he held his foot. He is one annoying arrogant dude bt I wouldn't wish that injury on him. I've heard that the recovery rates for a torn achilles is very low and very few top athletes ever reqain their form after such an injury,
He'd need a Brady line

That MNF game was one messed up evening. Of course the big story is Rodgers but the Bills could be looking at a mess on their hands, that is also a tortured fan base and if they continue to lose like that those stupid injuries from jumping on to folding tables will hurt even more. As for the Jets if the OL isn't fixed more guys will get hurt, they could be a team depending on a serious of taxi squad QBs this season.
Waiting for @lotr10 the Bills fan to weigh in on Josh Allen.