I mentioned this on the Browns thread, but it is stunning how many bad teams there are. Seven teams with zero or 1 win after week 7. Let's examine which ones are "tanking" for Trevor Lawrence or Justin Fields.
- Jets - allegedly happy with Darnold, but Adam Gase is a mental case. New coach would take Lawrence in a heartbeat.
- Bengals - nope, Burrow is a stud. They could trade the top pick for a haul.
- Giants - they love Daniel Jones. Not sure why personally.
- Texans - they are all set with Watson - he is top tier
- Jaguars - they would upgrade from Minshew for sure
- Falcons - Matt Ryan is really good but won't play forever - they would take Lawrence or Fields for sure
- Vikings - Cousins is so average, but really expensive. I do think they would take Lawrence or Fields
Jets- Gase won't be around long enough to make another draft call. He's the biggest repeat coaching mistake since Eric Mangini.
Bengals- exactly, use the pick to fill in a lot of weaknesses.
Giants- Jones is there for the long term. He could be above average.
Texans- they also have a lot of holes they could fill with more picks as crazy O'Brien sold the farm on picks.
Jags- Minshew is good for where they got him but he's not a franchise QB.
Falcons- Ryan is still atop 10 talent but Georgia boys like Fields and Lawrence could go over big there.
Vikings- I can't imagine playing for Mike Zimmer in Minnesota is appealing to any young QB.
Teams like the Bengals, Texans and Giants could really make out by moving an early pick for a bog group of picks to a team that wants to move up to get their potential franchise QB.