General NFL Chat

Rams might be 7-2 but they are playing like an 0-9 team. McVay can't coach anymore, the receivers can't catch and Stafford can't pass. Just a shell of themselves compared to earlier in the season.

How much yall watching the ManningCast on ESPN2?

I can't not watch it! I am hooked. Matter of fact, a game like last night I woulda went to be early or turned something else on midway in the 4th but I just couldnt stop watching it!

Funny they brought up the curse last night! Mickelson said he wont be playing this weekend so he cannot lose! Rivers' said his team is off this weekend. Will see if Green loses their next game in the NBA.

I can't not watch it! I am hooked. Matter of fact, a game like last night I woulda went to be early or turned something else on midway in the 4th but I just couldnt stop watching it!

Funny they brought up the curse last night! Mickelson said he wont be playing this weekend so he cannot lose! Rivers' said his team is off this weekend. Will see if Green loses their next game in the NBA.
Same here. It’s really fun to watch and listen. You get to hear a lot of guys talk so candidly who normally you only hear speak in a work place setting.

College is interesting because it actually promotes MORE snaps and more risk of injury than pro. The Ohio high school overtime is the same thing. Both teams get equal chances from the 20 until you have a winner.
I've never seen someone so consistently wrong on such a wide variety of topics. Kudos I guess. In college the possession is from the 25, for just the first 2 overtimes. Then it goes to alternating 2-point conversion tries - 1 play per OT.

I've never seen someone so consistently wrong on such a wide variety of topics. Kudos I guess. In college the possession is from the 25, for just the first 2 overtimes. Then it goes to alternating 2-point conversion tries - 1 play per OT.
Prior to this season when we had multiple overtime games where you had teams run 5-6-7 plays per overtime. Of course this year it's different in college. The comparison I was making was this notion of cutting down overtimes due to safety reasons.

Same here. It’s really fun to watch and listen. You get to hear a lot of guys talk so candidly who normally you only hear speak in a work place setting.
Sorta reminds me of watching games with my buddies and brothers over the years, sans the experience and ability!

Plus, it is different. I get tired of hearing the same ole things from announcers every single game

I watch it if it's on. It's very good and last night's guests where great. Phil knows his football, he had more questions for the Mannings than visa versa.

Interestingly, HS football is the best overtime because of college football's decision to go to 2 point conversions as a tie-breaker after the 2nd overtime. The only problem with HS and old college overtime was the inflated TD stats and high scores that could result. But as a fan, it was the best system. NFL OTs are just silly. Short clock and weird scoring rules make it boring and somewhat unfair. At a minimum, it should be 15 minutes to give both teams at least two possessions. It is crazy that the team that loses the coin-toss can possibly have only one possession and the game be over.

Not sure what college football was thinking. The games are ridiculously long with commercial timeouts that are mini-halftimes. Just go back to the best format for overtimes where every fan is on the edge of their seats watching real football.

Well.

The Patriots.

I dont think they are title contenders yet, but they just may have hit a HR with their QB draft pick.

As a Steelers fan I should hate the Pats, but I dont. I admire the hell out of Bilecheck and the organization.

Well.

The Patriots.

I dont think they are title contenders yet, but they just may have hit a HR with their QB draft pick.

As a Steelers fan I should hate the Pats, but I dont. I admire the hell out of Bilecheck and the organization.
As a Browns fan, I agree. We weren't smart enough to hang on to Belicheck.

They absolutely waxed the Browns and look like the real deal to me. Mac Jones is not elite, but looks like a smart, accurate, poised QB. In a good system, that is all you need.

As a Browns fan, I agree. We weren't smart enough to hang on to Belicheck.

They absolutely waxed the Browns and look like the real deal to me. Mac Jones is not elite, but looks like a smart, accurate, poised QB. In a good system, that is all you need.

Belichick was fired by Modell as the team was stolen to Baltimore. The Browns never fired him. From Pro Football Talk:

It was on February 15, 1996, that Belichick was fired by Art Modell, the owner of the franchise that Belichick had coached as the Cleveland Browns but was about to become the Baltimore Ravens. Belichick had just gone 5-11 in 1995, his final year in Cleveland, but Modell had initially indicated that he was going to bring Belichick with him to Baltimore. However, in a surprise announcement 23 years ago today, Modell announced that he was firing Belichick and hiring Ted Marchibroda, the former head coach of the Baltimore Colts, to become the head coach of the Baltimore franchise that hadn’t yet chosen “Ravens” as a team name.

How affected are people when the first win in over a year and the thing on their minds is the Oxford community? Very classy recognition by the Lions.

For tonight's game:

1638821147511.png

When discussing NFL murderers, OJ and Hernandez obviously get the main headlines and notariety.

But how does Ray Lewis always get a pass? He was implicated in a double homicide, not for killing but for being there and covering it up. Then he ratted on his friends in a plea bargain, and then watched his friends get acquitted also. No one else has ever been charged in those murders. But then Ray becomes born again and everyone loves him, and ESPN puts him on TV for a while as an analyst. Dude is straight up trash.

Interestingly, HS football is the best overtime because of college football's decision to go to 2 point conversions as a tie-breaker after the 2nd overtime. The only problem with HS and old college overtime was the inflated TD stats and high scores that could result. But as a fan, it was the best system. NFL OTs are just silly. Short clock and weird scoring rules make it boring and somewhat unfair. At a minimum, it should be 15 minutes to give both teams at least two possessions. It is crazy that the team that loses the coin-toss can possibly have only one possession and the game be over.

Not sure what college football was thinking. The games are ridiculously long with commercial timeouts that are mini-halftimes. Just go back to the best format for overtimes where every fan is on the edge of their seats watching real football.
Why, after 60 minutes where both teams had ample opportunity to win the game, does each team need a possession in OT??? That has never made sense to me. You want the game to end as quickly as possible. Bring back the regular, normal sudden death. First team to score in OT wins, period.

There is nothing unfair about overtimes. If you are that worried about winning, then win the game in regulation.

When discussing NFL murderers, OJ and Hernandez obviously get the main headlines and notariety.

But how does Ray Lewis always get a pass? He was implicated in a double homicide, not for killing but for being there and covering it up. Then he ratted on his friends in a plea bargain, and then watched his friends get acquitted also. No one else has ever been charged in those murders. But then Ray becomes born again and everyone loves him, and ESPN puts him on TV for a while as an analyst. Dude is straight up trash.
Michael Irvin, Michael Vick, Charles Barkley, the list of former athletes now in TV media who've had brushes with the law is extensive. Yet, a white announcer (Thom Brennaman) makes an off color comment about gays when he perceived privacy and his professional career is ruined. No prior issues. I think you can kind of see how these things happen.