General NFL Chat

LOL that was not taunting, the zebra is on a power trip. However you being a Purdue fan or went to Purdue WTH do you know about football ? Stick with bball.
Funny fact about Purdue football.
At random times during any game of the season they will go in on the IU Sucks Chant!

Attachments

• 63A73E58-11CD-4113-A975-28A660944BBB.jpeg
    63A73E58-11CD-4113-A975-28A660944BBB.jpeg
    131.1 KB · Views: 27
Just wow!! Officials in Pittsburgh game are embarrassing. That taunting penalty was just terrible.
I disagree. Taunting is and has been a point of emphasis all season in the NFL. The Bears player made a nice stop on 3rd down and instead of celebrating with his teammates, he chose to go toward the Steeler sideline and stare at them?? Why?? What does this do? I'm almost sure no coach ever instructed their player to stare down the opponent after a big play. It's a selfish act that cost his team possession of the ball. Now in the big picture the Bears did score and take the lead so it wasn't THE reason the Bears lost. But we need to stop these shenanigans. And don't give me the "no fun league" and all that. It's a selfish act in a team game.

I disagree. Taunting is and has been a point of emphasis all season in the NFL. The Bears player made a nice stop on 3rd down and instead of celebrating with his teammates, he chose to go toward the Steeler sideline and stare at them?? Why?? What does this do? I'm almost sure no coach ever instructed their player to stare down the opponent after a big play. It's a selfish act that cost his team possession of the ball. Now in the big picture the Bears did score and take the lead so it wasn't THE reason the Bears lost. But we need to stop these shenanigans. And don't give me the "no fun league" and all that. It's a selfish act in a team game.
Stop.
Please.

It was an awful call.

Stop.
Please.

It was an awful call
With the emphasis on taunting, you can’t walk toward the other team’s bench and stare them down after you make a play. It was an easy call for the ref to make.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

With the emphasis on taunting, you can’t walk toward the other team’s bench and stare them down after you make a play. It was an easy call for the ref to make.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …
Stop.
He was 20-30 yards away from the bench

Stop.
He was 20-30 yards away from the bench

Stop, 20 at best, he'd long strolled past the hash, a good 10+ yards past where the play had occurred (and not even in the same direction as the play) and guess what? His sideline is the other way. Then with that WHOLE field avaiable, he walks directly at the ref.

And let's be honest. What kind of woosey would you call someone if you had done exactly what that ref did, and they accused you of "hip checking" them? Dude deserves a day off just for that.

Taunting. Quit the whining and accept.

Last edited:
Aside from whether it is taunting, whether the ref initiated contact, or whether the ref was correct in the call, could players just please stop acting like they discovered the cure for polio every time they make a basic play? Damn, we get a dance or celebration on a basic tackle or pass deflection or the feed me gesture on a 6 yard run or an animated first down signal on a short simple catch. Give me a break.

Stop, 20 at best, he'd long strolled past the hash, a good 10+ yards past where the play had occurred (and not even in the same direction as the play) and guess what? His sideline is the other way. Then with that WHOLE field avaiable, he walks directly at the ref.

And let's be honest. What kind of woosey would you call someone if you had done exactly what that ref did, and they accused you of "hip checking" them? Dude deserves a day off just for that.

Taunting. Quit the whining and accept.
Well the official did hip check him.

Still an awful call tho. Steelers should be ashamed to accept that wim

Aside from whether it is taunting, whether the ref initiated contact, or whether the ref was correct in the call, could players just please stop acting like they discovered the cure for polio every time they make a basic play? Damn, we get a dance or celebration on a basic tackle or pass deflection or the feed me gesture on a 6 yard run or an animated first down signal on a short simple catch. Give me a break.
I do a dance every time I submit a TPS report.

He was not looking at him as this so called "hip check" happend.
Your point? He watched the direction he was running in all up until the second before the hip checked happened. You don’t need to be looking at someone at that moment to lean your body lol.

Last edited:
Your point? He watched the direction he was running in all up until the second before the hip checked happened. You don’t need to be looking at someone at that moment to lean your body lol.
1st off, dudette shouldn't have been anywhere near the body. 2nd off, at WORST it was a butt check, not a hip check. Refs feet didn't even move. Some loudmouth announcer/ex has been football player says "ref hip checked him" and people go all clone on it.

Seriously on this. Marsh is running DIRECTLY AT THE REF. The ref turns aways from it, his hand is already on the flag before contact is made. This isn't Marsh's first incident. His head isn't right. It's not been right for many years. He thinks he's Rodman when he's really .... not.

Not taunting
taunt GIF

Last edited:
1) Glad you finally watched the video and now see what everyone else saw from the get go.

2) It’s hard to run directly at someone when contact is only made after the ref moves his body.

3) Did I say it was?
1) watched it the first time and interpreted it correctly my ownself instead of listening to some nut-job announcer's instant butt-hurt and running with it..
2) It's rather easy considering he was doing it. Pretty clear on the tape, just draw a line.
3) I was refering to me, not taunting.

You already lost that argument, no need to rehash. What about Burns vs. Jones?

1) watched it the first time and interpreted it correctly my ownself instead of listening to some nut-job announcer's instant butt-hurt and running with it..
2) It's rather easy considering he was doing it. Pretty clear on the tape, just draw a line.
3) I was refering to me, not taunting.

You already lost that argument, no need to rehash. What about Burns vs. Jones?
I lost the argument after you admitted the ref butt checked? ?

Here, since you seemed to have forgotten:

it was a butt check

Last edited:
I lost the argument after you admitted the ref butt checked? ?

Here, since you seemed to have forgotten:
"if anything" Not an admission. Not adverse. That refs butt doesn't extend yards. Doofis had no business trying to intimidate a ref. Should have taken a wide berth.

You already lost this argument. Penalty held and only idiots are siding with the idiot.

Burns vs. Jones?

"if anything" Not an admission. Not adverse. That refs butt doesn't extend yards. Doofis had no business trying to intimidate a ref. Should have taken a wide berth.

You already lost this argument. Penalty held and only idiots are siding with the idiot.

Burns vs. Jones?
1) You didn’t say “if anything.”

2) Just because you keep repeating yourself doesn’t mean I lost the argument lol. But whatever helps you sleep at night.

1) You didn’t say “if anything.”

2) Just because you keep repeating yourself doesn’t mean I lost the argument lol. But whatever helps you sleep at night.
1) You're right, I said "at WORST" which is same thing.
2) Just because you keep repeating yourself doesn't mean ref "hip checked" anyone or that whiney doofis didn't walk right into the ref. He had 99.5 other yards to choose from and you cannot admit the obvious because it doesn't fit the narrative supplied by crying announcer guy. I sleep fine whether I win, lose or draw an argument. It's not a stressor to me. Maybe it's you that needs the melatonin?

Burns vs. Jones?

Last edited:
Just because you keep repeating yourself doesn't mean ref "hip checked" anyone or that whiney doofis didn't walk right into the ref. He had 99.5 other yards to choose from and you cannot admit the obvious. Maybe it's you that needs the meletonin? I sleep fine whether I win, lose or draw an argument. It's not a stressor to me.
Curious, how many times have I repeated that? hint: I said it once.

First the repeating yourself then the sleeping bit? No originality, no fun to debate.

Do you always have problems discerning reality?

You're a bot? Lol, I kind of thought so. Have a look at reality if you're able to get your opinion from reality instead of what that goofy guy wants the brain dead to believe.

35 seconds into the vid. Doof is over a yard left of the line marker. Ref is to the right of the line marker. Somehow by your desired narrative, ref makes goofy guy run right across the line where ref "hip checks," lol goofy twitchy guy who still thinks he got the taunting penalty for his stupid kick move.. Reality, look it up.

Last edited:
Agreed 100%. I don't like what the Bears' player did after that play but it was routine based on what the NFL allows. I wish we could go back to the 80s/90s when celebrations were limited. The sprinting down the field and posing for the camera is getting tiring. And all these routines remind me of youth football cheerleaders more than grown men.

The NFL created this monster and now has to deal with the consequences of uneven enforcement of the rules. Reminds me of the one time Brad Daugherty got called for hanging on the rim. Most people had no idea that was even a rule because EVERYONE else did it in the NBA.

Baltimore benefited on that last drive from a questionable late hit. Baker's was obvious but the other was bad.