General NFL Chat

As a Browns fan, I agree. We weren't smart enough to hang on to Belicheck.

They absolutely waxed the Browns and look like the real deal to me. Mac Jones is not elite, but looks like a smart, accurate, poised QB. In a good system, that is all you need.
Do you wonder if Robert Craft is maybe more of a hands off owner than Art Modell was? And just to be fair, Belichick was a very young head coach, not really in a groove yet. But wouldn't it be interesting to see what would have happened if they were a little more patient with him?

Do you wonder if Robert Craft is maybe more of a hands off owner than Art Modell was? And just to be fair, Belichick was a very young head coach, not really in a groove yet. But wouldn't it be interesting to see what would have happened if they were a little more patient with him?

Once again, the Cleveland Browns did NOT fire Belichick. He was fired by Modell after he decided to move the team. So technically, the Baltimore Ravens fired him. All too early mock draft. Browns get Jameson Williams, WR from Alabama. Bengals get Darian Kinnard, OT from Kentucky and St. Ignatius:

Last edited:
Urban Meyer only has a few games until he's fired.

Who will survive: Meyer or Lawrence? No contest.

Yeah it's time for the owner to stop embarrassing his team and fire this clown. I honestly think he's trying to get fired.

So just out of curiosity, what was expected this season from teams like the Jaguars, Lions, Jets??? These are teams clearly in rebuild status, new coaches and low talent level?
I'm continually amazed that these cities media continues to hammer on the coaches and administrations and guess what, in a year or two, they'll run a coach out and start all over again??? Now I'm not an Urban Meyer fan, but here's a guy who's never coached at the pro football level. Dan Campbell in Detroit has never been a head coach either. What was expected? I think any of these teams win 4 games this season and it would be a miracle. Sadly, the media and fan bases try to think they can run teams and it just makes a difficult situation that much more difficult.

We actually have players missing games due to the flu?? Has that ever happened before? Is this where we are at now today? Since the beginning of time, we've had people work, play and socialize not at 100%. What's the expectations today? If you have the sniffles, are you expected to stop your life for a week?? SMH...

We actually have players missing games due to the flu?? Has that ever happened before? Is this where we are at now today? Since the beginning of time, we've had people work, play and socialize not at 100%. What's the expectations today? If you have the sniffles, are you expected to stop your life for a week?? SMH...
Those are just the smarter teams....classify it as flu so no one else has to miss games and they can come back quicker

Michael Irvin, Michael Vick, Charles Barkley, the list of former athletes now in TV media who've had brushes with the law is extensive. Yet, a white announcer (Thom Brennaman) makes an off color comment about gays when he perceived privacy and his professional career is ruined. No prior issues. I think you can kind of see how these things happen.
Perhaps the TV networks that hire/fire people think that former athletes add some expertise to the analysis, but a "professional" broadcaster who got his job because of his daddy doesn't add much, once it becomes clear there is a negative public perception like Thom earned.

If you have the legit flu, you can't breathe well, so I'd imagine being a pro athlete is tough for a few days.

Most of your recent posts are angry. Trying to choose the best GIF for you.

1639413523630.png

1639413584666.png

Well...the Chefs have fixed their issues.

4-5 weeks ago i woulda say that the NFC was a sure LOCK to win the SB, but I believe the Chefs are right there with the top NFC teams.

Speaking of coaches in NFL...just read where Jim Harbaugh is being considered for the LV Raiders job. Davis and Harbaugh's have close family ties

Interesting rumor.

His stock is as high as it has ever been since he's been at Michigan.

He's not recruiting at an elite level (his last few classes have been in the 8-12 range nationally) and maybe he'll realize that this year's success was an anomaly and that it's the best time to bolt - especially if Michigan struggles in the semi-final against Georgia.

Last edited:
Great game last night. It looks like the Chiefs have worked their way backup to being the best team in the AFC.

I’ll also say this for millionth time, analytics in sports are important. However, it’s also important for coaches to understand the flow of the game and not have their instincts always overridden by analytics. LA left 9 points on the field by going for it on 4th down inside the RZ instead of kicking FGs.

Great game last night. It looks like the Chiefs have worked their way backup to being the best team in the AFC.

I’ll also say this for millionth time, analytics in sports are important. However, it’s also important for coaches to understand the flow of the game and not have their instincts always overridden by analytics. LA left 9 points on the field by going for it on 4th down inside the RZ instead of kicking FGs.
Eh.
Idiotic coaching leaving so many points on the field. NFL Coaches are treating the analytics like they are in college where often times you are superior to the opponent.

Chargers left 9 points on the field,,,,,,Chefs had at least 3 they left on the field.
HOnestly, I went to bed when the Chargers fumbled inside the 5. Two teams who just couldnt get out of their own way to win a game.

Eh.
Idiotic coaching leaving so many points on the field. NFL Coaches are treating the analytics like they are in college where often times you are superior to the opponent.

Chargers left 9 points on the field,,,,,,Chefs had at least 3 they left on the field.
HOnestly, I went to bed when the Chargers fumbled inside the 5. Two teams who just couldnt get out of their own way to win a game.
Maybe entertaining is a better word to use.

Perhaps the TV networks that hire/fire people think that former athletes add some expertise to the analysis, but a "professional" broadcaster who got his job because of his daddy doesn't add much, once it becomes clear there is a negative public perception like Thom earned.

If you have the legit flu, you can't breathe well, so I'd imagine being a pro athlete is tough for a few days.

View attachment 24460

View attachment 24461
Thanks for keeping tabs on me, and BTW, most posts on here are angry. That's kind of what debates are all about.

View attachment 24460

View attachment 24461
BTW, it's difficult trying to educate you guys...

Hows those two point conversions to win games going for ya Harbaugh?

but wait...analytics says going for two should have worked for the win yesterday.
Idiotic move, again.

Hows those two point conversions to win games going for ya Harbaugh?

but wait...analytics says going for two should have worked for the win yesterday.
Idiotic move, again.
I like the aggressive call, but I'm with you, I think, especially if you're trailing, you go to OT and give yourself a better chance to win. It's really hard to get a 2 point conversion. 11 defenders in a 12 yard space. You've got Tucker as a kicker so if you get within 60 yards for a GW field goal, it's a big advantage for the Ravens. I may do it with Jackson because he can make more plays on his feet.

As they are advertising, there is a Wild Card game on Monday Night.

As a fan, yeah it will be cool to have a game like that on MNF, but this is entirely horrible for the teams who get stuck in that timeslot.

Has anyone heard how they are going to go about this?
Dont they have to go with the 4 vs 5 seed? Worst division winner against the best WC team? To me, that is the only thing that makes sense. I would be pissed if my team got the 2 or 3 seed, and then has to play on MNF

Dolphins have won 7 in a row, amazing considering the fish have Tua at QB. However, the fish do have a very good defense.
Winning games against fellow pros is no small feat, but the Fins' schedule during this win streak has been pretty easy. Only the Ravens are above .500, and they caught the Ravens on a Thurs. night at home. The Fins' last two games will reveal if they're playoff worthy in more ways than one: @ the Titans and then home for the Patriots.

I mean AB definitely has some mental health issues and needs some help. I really hope there isn’t a tragic end to this behavior.

I can't imagine another NFL team giving him another chance. But I am curious what set this off? Just not getting enough targets?

I can't imagine another NFL team giving him another chance. But I am curious what set this off? Just not getting enough targets?

He was a couple of catches short, a few yards, short of contract incentives worth about $1mill