D7 R25 2023

First off.....come on bro. Springfield is not beating Dalton. Did you see the boat race South Range put on them?!?! South Range ain't even ALL THAT this year, hell they only beat frigging Lakeview by 7 last week. Put down the drugs Temp....

2nd - and probably the most obvious problem in your last post.....

Hillsdale > Lucas (2023 Hillsdale 21, Lucas 17)
Lucas beats Hillsdale 7 out of 10 times. They got us that time. We'll get them a majority of the time.

Always remember: Lucas>Hillsdale>Dalton :sneaky: :LOL:

Lucas beats Hillsdale 7 out of 10 times. They got us that time. We'll get them a majority of the time.

Always remember: Lucas>Hillsdale>Dalton :sneaky: :LOL:
If we're lucky, you'll get your shot at a rematch in the playoffs. How poetic would that be!?! (and you better hope and pray Hillsdale doesn't win that game because I may pay Yappi to take out an ad showing Hillsdale > Lucas at that point)

...you better hope and pray Hillsdale doesn't win that game because I may pay Yappi to take out an ad showing Hillsdale > Lucas at that point
That would be next level hazing. :LOL:

Baby Hat GIF

If we're lucky, you'll get your shot at a rematch in the playoffs. How poetic would that be!?! (and you better hope and pray Hillsdale doesn't win that game because I may pay Yappi to take out an ad showing Hillsdale > Lucas at that point)
Question: How can Waynedale be so good at baseball and so bad at football?

My take on that - not completely factual, just an opinion based on things I've heard.

They have a bunch of coaches in that school that are NOT proponents of kids being multi-sport athletes. This ranges from Wrestling all the way to girls Volleyball. I know the girls basketball program is really good now, but there were several years were the volleyball coach required the girls to play JO volleyball in the winter instead of basketball. I heard the same for wrestling - cannot speak on baseball. So I assume it's possible that a culture was set at the school where kids are just specializing in a specific sport rather than being multi-sport.

The other thing that MAY be a problem with football.....there may be a percentage of boys in that school that are not permitted to play football because of religion? I don't know enough about it, but I believe it's the reason Hiland doesn't have football right?

The other thing that MAY be a problem with football.....there may be a percentage of boys in that school that are not permitted to play football because of religion? I don't know enough about it, but I believe it's the reason Hiland doesn't have football right?
I believe you may be right.

Boy, the Amish sure do love their hardball. There are fields littered throughout Holmes County.

SAA.jpg

Last edited:
My take on that - not completely factual, just an opinion based on things I've heard.

They have a bunch of coaches in that school that are NOT proponents of kids being multi-sport athletes. This ranges from Wrestling all the way to girls Volleyball. I know the girls basketball program is really good now, but there were several years were the volleyball coach required the girls to play JO volleyball in the winter instead of basketball. I heard the same for wrestling - cannot speak on baseball. So I assume it's possible that a culture was set at the school where kids are just specializing in a specific sport rather than being multi-sport.

I don't Think the wrestling program is the issue. The Head wrestling coach was the head football coach for 5 years and there are a number of wrestlers that are on the team now, Mitten, Mccartney, Troyer, Lewis, Schlabach, Lemon, and Walters might be missing a few. I believe all of his sons played football when they were in school as well. Can't speak for the other sports.

I don't Think the wrestling program is the issue. The Head wrestling coach was the head football coach for 5 years and there are a number of wrestlers that are on the team now, Mitten, Mccartney, Troyer, Lewis, Schlabach, Lemon, and Walters might be missing a few. I believe all of his sons played football when they were in school as well. Can't speak for the other sports.
Part of the reason Waynedale has dropped off the face of the earth in football is partially because they did give the job to their HOF wrestling coach for a long time. They couldn't find a candidate and took the "easy" path giving it to him. While it passed the initial smell test ("he's a great coach!") it soured quickly because his focus was still all about wrestling (Can't blame a guy for focusing on his passion) and not building a football program.

Like with any "why aren't they as good as they used to be?" question - majority of the time it comes to administrations that look at football the same way they do every other sport & club. Not saying that's right or wrong, it just is. Have heard good things about the new coach, but he's young and digging out of a hole many others have dug for him.

As for why baseball is so good - they have a Latin American (Honduran?) kid pitching for them that is LIGHTS OUT good. This past year they graduated another kid who I think went to OU on baseball scholarship. Hard to beat a 1/2 combo like that at the small high school level.

As for why baseball is so good - they have a Latin American (Honduran?) kid pitching for them that is LIGHTS OUT good.
I caught a few death stares at a meeting once for opining “can we ask the Rotary to consider sending us a kid from the Dominican, or South Sudan? Been an awful lot of Mediterranean kids cycling through the student exchange — let’s get some new areas sprinkled in.” 🙁

Part of the reason Waynedale has dropped off the face of the earth in football is partially because they did give the job to their HOF wrestling coach for a long time. They couldn't find a candidate and took the "easy" path giving it to him. While it passed the initial smell test ("he's a great coach!") it soured quickly because his focus was still all about wrestling (Can't blame a guy for focusing on his passion) and not building a football program.

Like with any "why aren't they as good as they used to be?" question - majority of the time it comes to administrations that look at football the same way they do every other sport & club. Not saying that's right or wrong, it just is. Have heard good things about the new coach, but he's young and digging out of a hole many others have dug for him.

As for why baseball is so good - they have a Latin American (Honduran?) kid pitching for them that is LIGHTS OUT good. This past year they graduated another kid who I think went to OU on baseball scholarship. Hard to beat a 1/2 combo like that at the small high school level.
I was going to post a similar thing about giving the job to Stanley rather than going out to find a football coach.