• Springfield by 8-16

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Springfield by 17+

Votes: 3 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So if St Eds fans are expecting a similar game and a team similar to what they saw before, I really think they're in for a rude awakening come Friday.
I must confess, I enjoy Ohio River Boy's passion and undying loyalty to his Wildcats, but his bombastic pronouncements wear thin with repeated postings. In 2021 it was "Eds hasn't seen speed like Springfield," then in 2022 it was "Ed's hasn't seen a QB like Springfield." Now we get the above "...Ed's is in for a rude awakening."

Look, I'm fully aware (as I think most knowledgeable Eds fans are) that Springfield won't be the same team as last year. And I'm fully aware Springfield's team is really good because they wouldn't be here if they weren't. Eds may lose this game, but if we do, it won't be because we experienced a "rude awakening."

Ed's often see's teams like Springfield week in and week out. We have no choice. Other than Massillon (who are D2) no Ohio D1 publics will schedule St Ed's. Five of our ten regular season games were against out of state teams, most with talent on par with Springfield. Add in Elder, Moeller, Ignatius (albeit down this year), Hoban and Massillon and you'll find we get a rude awakening weekly.

I'm also aware that Springfield's earlier loses are not a measure of the team's current stature. Any doubts for me about Springfield were erased with their win over Moeller. If I have a concern right now, it's the injury situation at Ed's. But no excuses, we need to step up and play to win as we've tried to do all year.

From Joe Eitel:

St Ed 2023.png
Spring 2023.png

Last edited:
I must confess, I enjoy Ohio River Boy's passion and undying loyalty to his Wildcats, but his bombastic pronouncements wear thin with repeated postings. In 2021 it was "Eds hasn't seen speed like Springfield," then in 2022 it was "Ed's hasn't seen a QB like Springfield." Now we get the above "...Ed's is in for a rude awakening."

Look, I'm fully aware (as I think most knowledgeable Eds fans are) that Springfield won't be the same team as last year. And I'm fully aware Springfield's team is really good because they wouldn't be here if they weren't. Eds may lose this game, but if we do, it won't be because we experienced a "rude awakening."

Ed's often see's teams like Springfield week in and week out. We have no choice. Other than Massillon (who are D2) no Ohio D1 publics will schedule St Ed's. Five of our ten regular season games were against out of state teams, most with talent on par with Springfield. Add in Elder, Moeller, Ignatius (albeit down this year), Hoban and Massillon and you'll find we get a rude awakening weekly.

I'm also aware that Springfield's earlier loses are not a measure of the team's current stature. Any doubts for me about Springfield were erased with their win over Moeller. If I have a concern right now, it's the injury situation at Ed's. But no excuses, we need to step up and play to win as we've tried to do all year.

From Joe Eitel:

View attachment 50512View attachment 50513
I dont think you understood what I said. I said "if" Ed's fans think this year's SHS team is the same as the prior 2 years, they're in for a rude awakening bc this team is very different, starting with how they alternate 2 qbs. I don't see how that can be taken as some huge insult that Ed's won't be able to compete. Why do you people act like anything less than complete 100% worship of St Eds football is a personal insult? Also, I didn't know there was an injury situation at St Eds. I heard Bullock wasn't 100% but that he will play. I want everyone to be 100% healthy and at full strength for the shocking upset...

Last edited:
This article previosly posted seems to show Coach Lombardo is very much aware of some of the differences from prior years at Springfield. Seems like he has been following Springfield all year (well not Conor Stallions type watching).

Should be a good game. My guess is in addition to some of the things Coach Lombardo has noted about Springfield, he also knows Coach Douglass is likely to bring some new wrinkles. It's all or nothing time, no holding back.

This article previosly posted seems to show Coach Lombardo is very much aware of some of the differences from prior years at Springfield. Seems like he has been following Springfield all year (well not Conor Stallions type watching).

Should be a good game. My guess is in addition to some of the things Coach Lombardo has noted about Springfield, he also knows Coach Douglass is likely to bring some new wrinkles. It's all or nothing time, no holding back.
Thanks for posting this. This is all I was trying to say. SHS's team this year is very different than the last two. So, fans shouldn't assume anything based on SHS's performance in this game the past 2 years. But I have no doubt Lombardo & Co know all this and are doing their homework and studying lots of film this week. Regardless of the outcome, I do think this game will be the best and most competitive of the 3. And, it's likely Eds will lead at halftime though, possibly by double digits, based on how SHS's prior playoffs games went. 2d half will be wild though. A total war...

Perfect! It's how my Alma mater beat the #1 team in the state and nation back in 1984. :)
How do the Elks feel about Friday's game? Do they want SHS to win? Or are they still bitter about the playoff loss and the fact Elks still have not won State themselves yet? I suspect Wayne is bitter and wants SHS to lose.

Why do you people act like anything less than complete 100% worship of St Eds football is a personal insult?
I don't expect anyone to worship Eds. In fact, I know the general attitude towards Ed's on this forum is disdain.

My earlier point was there's no need to repeatedly tell Eds fans how "If we... - blah blah blah - ...we're going to be surprised or we're going to be in for a rude awakening."

You beat Moeller three years in a row. Do you not think we get the significance of that?

I don't expect anyone to worship Eds. In fact, I know the general attitude towards Ed's on this forum is disdain.

My earlier point was there's no need to repeatedly tell Eds fans how "If we... - blah blah blah - ...we're going to be surprised or we're going to be in for a rude awakening."

You beat Moeller three years in a row. Do you not think we get the significance of that?
No I don't because before last Friday, St Eds fans said they hope they get Springfield because they're concerned about playing Moeller. And I don't have disdain for St Eds. But I do think their playoff schedule is much weaker. So, the outcomes of their playoff games don't necessarily tell us a whole lot about where they're at right now.

Just be glad you only have to put up with it once a year. Besides, SHS fans get really bent out of shape when you call their team out and don’t bow down to them.

Just be glad you only have to put up with it once a year. Besides, SHS fans get really bent out of shape when you call their team out and don’t bow down to them.
The guy reads one or two posts and then classifies all Ed’s followers for that position or comment. Has all day to post narratives and pictures as if that’s going to have anything to do with how the coaching staff prepares for the game.

The guy reads one or two posts and then classifies all Ed’s followers for that position or comment. Has all day to post narratives and pictures as if that’s going to have anything to do with how the coaching staff prepares for the game.
I doubt anything on Yappi has any effect whatsoever on any coaching staff's game preparation. So I don't understand why you would think or say anything along those lines...

How do the Elks feel about Friday's game? Do they want SHS to win? Or are they still bitter about the playoff loss and the fact Elks still have not won State themselves yet? I suspect Wayne is bitter and wants SHS to lose.
Not bitter at all. You win some, you lose some; life goes on! Always root for the public schools. Try not to be the Buffalo Bills of high school football.

This Wayne fan is not bitter. Like Elksone said, win some and lose some. I do recall though that the beginning of the playoffs season for SHS was called the “revenge tour.” Seems like someone was bitter about the regular season. Good luck to both teams.

I dont think you understood what I said. I said "if" Ed's fans think this year's SHS team is the same as the prior 2 years, they're in for a rude awakening bc this team is very different, starting with how they alternate 2 qbs. I don't see how that can be taken as some huge insult that Ed's won't be able to compete. Why do you people act like anything less than complete 100% worship of St Eds football is a personal insult? Also, I didn't know there was an injury situation at St Eds. I heard Bullock wasn't 100% but that he will play. I want everyone to be 100% healthy and at full strength for the shocking upset...
There won't be a shocking upset. I'm stopping myself short of proclaiming shed

This Wayne fan is not bitter. Like Elksone said, win some and lose some. I do recall though that the beginning of the playoffs season for SHS was called the “revenge tour.” Seems like someone was bitter about the regular season. Good luck to both teams.
Yes. Hopefully the final piece of the revenge tour will happen Friday. If they win, every score will be settled.

Last edited:
Is the revenge tour something that SHS came up with or is this your idea? Sounds serious.
I coined the phrase but it's not sinister. It's proving everyone who wrote off SHS because of the regular season losses wrong, that's all. When the losses happened, I told everyone SHS is focusing on the playoffs after everyone gets healthy. So don't write them off. That I fully expected them back in the state championship game. And they all ragged on me. But I do think they wanted revenge on Centerville and Wayne because of those losses and how Centerville took the league championship.

Dude. What's relevant is that SHS matters to no one but you. You're the undercard. Thursday night decides it all. You're playing not to be completely forgotten. Hint: you will be regardless.

Even worst is there are posters who follow him thread to thread to complain about him

Dude. What's relevant is that SHS matters to no one but you. You're the undercard. Thursday night decides it all. You're playing not to be completely forgotten. Hint: you will be regardless.
If that's true, then why are you here on this thread reading my posts? Seems like it matters and is pretty relevant to you. Btw, if SHS wins Friday, they will have beaten St Eds with Bullock. That will make them the only team to do so this year ...

Status
Not open for further replies.