• Springfield by 8-16

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Springfield by 17+

Votes: 3 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree St Eds is the heavy favorite next week. Just saying SHS pulling the upset would be a reach but not impossible. IMO, it will come down to who really wants it more. And in all 5 playoff games so far, SHS wanted it more.
I'm sure both teams want it the same amount. It comes down to who executes and plays better THAT night. And Yes, Ed's is the heavy favorite and there is a reason for that. They are the better team. But Springfield doesn't have to be the better team. They just have to be the better team Friday night. Truth: It is hard to bet against Ed's.

Will be another classic. More of the same from both teams, Springfield has talent and speed all over the field. They also have the back to back loss sting that only acts as a motivator. Eds has the size and physicality that have punished teams into submission all year.

We will win if we control the line of scrimmage as we have against Springfield for the last two years. Springfield is an excellent team and we have to limit mistakes. This is going to be a very "do your job" kind of game. Whichever team can do that better wins.

I'm sure both teams want it the same amount. It comes down to who executes and plays better THAT night. And Yes, Ed's is the heavy favorite and there is a reason for that. They are the better team. But Springfield doesn't have to be the better team. They just have to be the better team Friday night. Truth: It is hard to bet against Ed's.
Have you seen Rocky 4? It's like that. It has to be like that to make a Hollywood movie out of it. With a soundtrack by John Legend...

No it's not. Rocky is movie Mr. river. Not real. Ed's is a nationally ranked HS football team. That is real.
If SHS wins the State next week, this is absolutely worthy of a Hollywood movie that will sweep the Oscars! Having grown up in Springfield and graduated from Springfield City Schools, trust me on this ...

Not really. It would be an upset for sure. But movie worthy, now you are really dreaming.
You don't know what it used to be like in Springfield. It would be like a modern day Hoosiers. And if John Legend does the theme song and soundtrack, it would be a huge hit.

Right. It's a David v Goliath tale. A 5-5 blue collar public school vs a nationally ranked elite parochial school that recruits over multiple counties and states. That's total feature film material. Now we just need SHS to finish the story by winning.
...and hell, "David" did give Moeller a warm up whack with that slingshot just last week, so who knows? I'll never fault a fan base for loyalty and optimism. Good luck to your boys!!

Right. It's a David v Goliath tale. A 5-5 blue collar public school vs a nationally ranked elite parochial school that recruits over multiple counties and states. That's total feature film material. Now we just need SHS to finish the story by winning.
Quit it with the 5-5 stuff. It benefits you when you want it to. We all know Springfield went 5-5 because of injuries, as you have said on this board when you played inferior opponents. This is not David vs. Goliath, this is the 3rd game in a series that has produced two great games thus far. Friday will be another one.

Well, Springfield did beat Moeller, the almighty GCL and R4 for the 3rd straight year didn't they? And you're one to talk because all week, weren't you the one talking about World Beater Moeller and how SHS can't match up against their invincible O-line, how this is Moeller's best team since 2013 that SHS can't touch, running clock and all? Please take your reverse psychology elsewhere. You have no business on the state championship game thread. SHS's defense made sure of that...
Cut the . Springfield got lucky. The Refs were horrible and decided the game. St Eds people all ready know about this clown. Good luck St Eds.

...and hell, "David" did give Moeller a warm up whack with that slingshot just last week, so who knows? I'll never fault a fan base for loyalty and optimism. Good luck to your boys!!
See, now you're getting it! I was thinking, Denzel Washington could be Moe Douglass. And also, maybe somehow work the NFL and the Cleveland Browns as St Eds' sponsor or affiliate, to really make it into a sports movie. Then, the big final showdown scenes would be filmed at NFL HOF stadium. Lady Gaga could collaborate with Legend on the soundtrack. There really is alot you could do with this.

Cut the . Springfield got lucky. The Refs were horrible and decided the game. St Eds people all ready know about this clown. Good luck St Eds.
I knew it was just a matter of time before the knives and venom would be out for the refs. What took you so long? For God's sake, they had it 1st n goal inside the 1. Bottom line is, it's just another day, another 'Cats win...

Quit it with the 5-5 stuff. It benefits you when you want it to. We all know Springfield went 5-5 because of injuries, as you have said on this board when you played inferior opponents. This is not David vs. Goliath, this is the 3rd game in a series that has produced two great games thus far. Friday will be another one.
It's absolutely David v Goliath because of the recruiting and competitive advantage.

Last edited:
It's absolutely David v Goliath because if the recruiting and competitive advantage.
You're already working on your excuse for a loss, which may not happen. Stop selling your team short. You said earlier Eds has kids from 50 counties and 3 states, which is absolutely absurd, even by Yappi standards.

Eds lost to Massillon earlier this year...do you think Springfield would beat Massillon? After all, that would be the public vs. public matchup you so badly want.

You're already working on your excuse for a loss, which may not happen. Stop selling your team short. You said earlier Eds has kids from 50 counties and 3 states, which is absolutely absurd, even by Yappi standards.

Eds lost to Massillon earlier this year...do you think Springfield would beat Massillon? After all, that would be the public vs. public matchup you so badly want.
I want and expect SHS to win. They can't make a movie out of this unless they finish the job. And I'm not making excuses for anything. Other people leveled the competitive advantage and recruiting accusations last year when they advocated for separate playoffs for public and private schools. It was in the newspapers actually. I just think it makes a great angle to build the David vs Goliath theme around for a movie.

I want and expect SHS to win. They can't make a movie out of this unless they finish the job. And I'm not making excuses for anything. Other people leveled the competitive advantage and recruiting accusations last year when they advocated for separate playoffs for public and private schools. It was in the newspapers actually. I just think it makes a great angle to build the David vs Goliath theme around for a movie.
Come on...answer the question. In your honest opinion, would Springfield beat Massillon?

Would normally be pulling for Springfield but I’d prefer Ed’s to win so Massillon can say they beat the “big school champ B2B” go Eagles

Springfield really stepped up when they had to. I had a feeling they'd win their region from the beginning of the playoffs. Can they win this one? Sure. Will they? Maybe. But they won't be taken lightly.

Status
Not open for further replies.