COLLEGE FOOTBALL 2024-2025

As to Michigan, I would not underestimate them despite their coaching and player exodus. They return a lot on defense and, cheating or not, they seem to have Ryan Day's number until proven otherwise.
Michigan returning production is very low. Michigan D could be on the field a lot this year.
"Michigan ranks No. 128 of 134 teams nationally, returning 36 percent of its production. The team also has the No. 132 offense (24 percent returning production) and No. 109 ranked defense (47 percent)."

Michigan returning production is very low. Michigan D could be on the field a lot this year.
"Michigan ranks No. 128 of 134 teams nationally, returning 36 percent of its production. The team also has the No. 132 offense (24 percent returning production) and No. 109 ranked defense (47 percent)."
And their recruiting is in the tank. UM fans had better relish their title through the summer because the Sherrone Moore era will be ugly.

Northwestern to play most home games at practice facility while new stadium under construction.

Northwestern to play most home games at practice facility while new stadium under construction.

Wow. I wonder what the capacity will be?

Likely not much. It likely is a cost savings on rental fees at larger venues. I think though they are trying to find a place for the Ohio State game. Likely Wrigley Field.
It sounded like Wrigley was a done deal for the Ohio State game. Crappy venue for a football game.

What a mess.
Well the schools and the NCAA brought it on their selves by not dealing with the issue. The only way the players services can be controlled with "rules" is to have the players unionize where the schools and players can negotiate a collective bargaining agreement .

Well the schools and the NCAA brought it on their selves by not dealing with the issue. The only way the players services can be controlled with "rules" is to have the players unionize where the schools and players can negotiate a collective bargaining agreement .
That won’t make it better.

Early on the Michigan spring game is 100 times more entertaining than Ohio States. They actually have divided the teams in half and are playing true tackle football including Donovan Edwards. Just a completely different culture and program they run up there vs Ohio State.

Just do all of us a favor and cheer for Michigan and get off all the Ohio St forums in all sports
I acknowledge what a great program looks like and I’m a fan of that team? News to me. Maybe Ohio State shouldn’t suck so much and they would get the same respect

Early on the Michigan spring game is 100 times more entertaining than Ohio States. They actually have divided the teams in half and are playing true tackle football including Donovan Edwards. Just a completely different culture and program they run up there vs Ohio State.

Not that I would ever accuse any Ohio State athlete of being soft, Michigan under Harbaugh and now Moore have indeed established a culture of physicality in football as opposed to Ryan Day and Ohio State's emphasis on finesse. Games are always won or lost on the line of scrimmage. Ryan Day has made changes, but it remains to be seen if he can adapt his philosophy to include a punishing ground game.

Not that I would ever accuse any Ohio State athlete of being soft, Michigan under Harbaugh and now Moore have indeed established a culture of physicality in football as opposed to Ryan Day and Ohio State's emphasis on finesse. Games are always won or lost on the line of scrimmage. Ryan Day has made changes, but it remains to be seen if he can adapt his philosophy to include a punishing ground game.
Agreed, I do not believe the OSU team is soft by any means but they do not put an emphasis on the LOS in the least. They cannot run on short yardage situations and the defense gets pulverized against traditional power I offenses.

Michigan also had a cultural IDENTITY. In the biggest games in the biggest moments they know how hat they are going to do whereas Ryan Day is completely lost in the sauce in the biggest of moments and his coaching confusion is palpable through a TV screen.

In all fairness, this should’ve always been a rule. The 2 minute warning is just more bulls**t so they can stuff in another commercial break.
In all fairness tattoogate was a joke but it was the rule at the time it happened. Same with the sign stealing scandal. Breaking a known rule that was at the time on the books deserve the punishment that can be given for the infraction.

In all fairness tattoogate was a joke but it was the rule at the time it happened. Same with the sign stealing scandal. Breaking a known rule that was at the time on the books deserve the punishment that can be given for the infraction.
I meant they should’ve always been allowed to use radios in their helmets. It was banned in the 90s because smaller schools couldn’t afford it. However, every school in D1 has been able to afford this technology for a long time.