COLLEGE FOOTBALL 2024-2025

You have to put Tennessee in there somewhere. They looked awful tough with Nico Iamaleava at QB in the Citrus bowl. They just might win the SEC next year.
The formulation of the SP rankings is some combination of returning production, new, recruits, and recency of past success. Thus the Vols are ranked on the outside looking in. Honestly if Ohio State had not had 11 draft eligible players return plus a portal QB, they might not have made the top ten.

Given I have family ties to UT, I do follow the Vols. College football would be a better product if UT and other traditional powers were consistently good again.

The start of the ‘26 talks and maybe 14 is the new 12.

Why 14 and not 16? Of course $s and in their 1st act of throwing their weight around the SEC and B1G title games become important as their winners get byes.

The start of the ‘26 talks and maybe 14 is the new 12.

Why 14 and not 16? Of course $s and in their 1st act of throwing their weight around the SEC and B1G title games become important as their winners get byes.
Listened to a podcast this morning that the Big and the Sec are pushing to have up to 4 teams each to get automatic playoff spots. They also reported that Notre Dame is checking out joining the BIG. Being independent doesn't give them much leverage. Right now the power conferences champions get automatic playoff spots. Could give them a leg up on the byes. Plus the more teams from a conference and the more overall playoff games that conference plays in increases the conference overall payout they receive. Florida State and Notre Dame world be huge for the BIG. The BIG is the true national brand in college football. A league that goes from coast to coast and has teams in three time zones. Games all day long.

Seen a couple things come over this past week through various credible NCAA media types;

• The 14 team playoff proposal has a lot of folks worried that it really is becoming only about the B1G and the SEC. Many schools have concerns that the '23 FSU situation will become the norm and not an out layer.
  • The ACC is really on life support and UNC is the big prize that both the SEC and B1G want in their conferences. Knowing this the folks over at NC State are lobbying their State politicians to include them as a package deal w/ UNC so they get "inside the ropes" when the ACC blows up. That NC State brand means little to media types but unlike the Cal system they have supporters that are willing to fight to keep them relevant in sports.

Way to early CFB SP+ rankings:

1. Georgia
2. Ohio State
3. Oregon
4. Texas
5. Michigan
6. Alabama
7. Penn State
8. Ole Miss
9. Notre Dame
10. LSU
11. Mizzou
12. Florida State

Pending if the CFP includes the G5 or not, are these teams the participants in the first ever FBS 22 team platoffs?
Give me @AEW Champion ’s Too Early Rankings or give me death

Seen a couple things come over this past week through various credible NCAA media types;

• The 14 team playoff proposal has a lot of folks worried that it really is becoming only about the B1G and the SEC. Many schools have concerns that the '23 FSU situation will become the norm and not an out layer.
  • The ACC is really on life support and UNC is the big prize that both the SEC and B1G want in their conferences. Knowing this the folks over at NC State are lobbying their State politicians to include them as a package deal w/ UNC so they get "inside the ropes" when the ACC blows up. That NC State brand means little to media types but unlike the Cal system they have supporters that are willing to fight to keep them relevant in sports.
From what I’ve read and heard it’s looking like the SEC/B1G will get 3 automatic qualifiers each. ACC/Big 12 will get 2 each. And there will be 1 for the group of 5. Leaving 3 at large bids. Which is actually pretty good for crap that’s current and likely left in the ACC and Big 12

Any rankings that have James Franklin’s Penn State in the Top 10 should be relegated to birdcage liner. Not to mention Michigan at 5 is an absolute joke.
Well "Top Lists" need placeholders too and Penn St fills the bill. Good but no where near elite. As to Michigan, I would not underestimate them despite their coaching and player exodus. They return a lot on defense and, cheating or not, they seem to have Ryan Day's number until proven otherwise.

Eliminate schools that contribute little Or nothing In viewership revenue to CFB TV contracts?

Consider the source. SI having integrity issues in addition to financial woes. Still kicking the Northwesterns and Vandys of the world out their conferences and tv revenue would mean higher viewership and ad revenue for the networks from having better matchups to televise. The Ohio States and Bamas would get a bigger share of the tv dollar. A win win for the networks and the elite programs. Still I would be sad to the college football I grew up with suffer more change and disruption

Michigan DL coach busted for drunk driving. Suspended with training camp opening Monday. Michigan is pure gold for football news entertainment.
New Year Cheers GIF by Pure Leaf

Kaydn Proctor heading back to Bammy.
Seeing how the NCAA has no means of enforcing NIL rules and by extension, portal rules, could Bama simply buy Downs and McLaughlin back from Ohio State? Yeah it is ludicrous, but it seems the only rule now is that there is no rules.

Seeing how the NCAA has no means of enforcing NIL rules and by extension, portal rules, could Bama simply buy Downs and McLaughlin back from Ohio State? Yeah it is ludicrous, but it seems the only rule now is that there is no rules.
Depends on how their NIL deals were written.