COLLEGE FOOTBALL 2024-2025

I meant they should’ve always been allowed to use radios in their helmets. It was banned in the 90s because smaller schools couldn’t afford it. However, every school in D1 has been able to afford this technology for a long time.
And kids should have always been allowed to do what they want with their personal property. It doesn't matter what is right now. At the time of the rule violations they were known rules that were intentionally broken. That is the one fact in both cases.

And kids should have always been allowed to do what they want with their personal property. It doesn't matter what is right now. At the time of the rule violations they were known rules that were intentionally broken. That is the one fact in both cases.
Not trying to downplay the Michigan rules violations. I was just pointing out the reason for not having radios in helmets was long outdated

Yeah he broke the rules at the time. There is no changing that. Does the NFL now owe Terrell Pryor payment for 5 games?

Ridiculous. I can't think of something more in tune with the poor leadership we have in sports today. Reggie Bush clearly received improper gifts as a student athlete at USC. His own former agent sued him back then for some of the benefits.
So fast forward to today, just because the rules changed, doesn't exonerate the original penalty? What are we doing? If someone is currently serving jail time for marijuana possession, since it's now legal in most states do they immediately get out of prison? It's the exact same senario.

Could he not have just made a replica to put in his trophy case? I assumed he wasn’t allowed to attend with the actual Heisman foundation involved, or the commercials, but I don’t care either. The NCAA itself was corrupt from the top down as well as their institutions and certainly a good number of athletes across all sports. We only care because college football is so popular. If anyone is looking to unload a gold Trans—Am I’m in the market.

just saw a tweet that 19 of the first 24 picks last night were either a 4* or 5* per 24/7 sports*. Stars matter, recruiting matters.

* unable to verify/go beyond the first 24 picks as 24/7 recruit ranking database is down at the moment
* unsure if this is the 24/7 Composite or 24/7’s individual ranking

First round draft picks by conference:

SEC: 11
Pac 12: 8
ACC: 4
Big Ten: 4
Big 12: 3 (all departing members OU and Texas)
Notre Dame: 1
MAC: 1

First round draft picks by conference:

SEC: 11
Pac 12: 8
ACC: 4
Big Ten: 4
Big 12: 3 (all departing members OU and Texas)
Notre Dame: 1
MAC: 1
This season the Pac12 had two Heisman Finalists, the reigning Heisman winner and future #1 pick, a team in the national championship and the second most 1st round picks - closer to first than third - and their bozo commission couldn’t figure out how to get a media deal together to keep the conference alive.

This season the Pac12 had two Heisman Finalists, the reigning Heisman winner and future #1 pick, a team in the national championship and the second most 1st round picks - closer to first than third - and their bozo commission couldn’t figure out how to get a media deal together to keep the conference alive.
I actually thought the PAC this past season was the best conference, even better than the SEC top to bottom.

2024 NFL Draft pick by school​

• Michigan -- 13
  • Texas -- 11
  • Alabama -- 10
  • Florida State -- 10
  • Washington -- 10
  • Oregon -- 8
  • Georgia -- 8
  • Penn State -- 8
  • Notre Dame -- 7
  • USC -- 7
  • Missouri -- 6
  • LSU -- 6
  • Clemson -- 6
  • Utah -- 5
  • Auburn -- 5
  • Illinois, Iowa, Louisville, Kentucky, Ohio State, Miami, South Carolina, Texas A&M -- 4
  • Arizona, Duke, Kansas State, Mississippi State, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Ole Miss, Oregon State, Pitt, TCU, Tennessee, Wake Forest, Washington State -- 3
  • Arkansas, Boston College, Kansas, Marshall, Maryland, NC State, Purdue, South Dakota State, Texas Tech, Troy, Tulane, UCF, UCLA, UTEP, Wisconsin -- 2

A couple things that stand out to me here:

If the Big Ten only had 42 overall draft picks, 39 of them are accounted for in the above list. That means six other Big Ten schools combined to produce a grand total of three NFL draft picks: Michigan State, Nebraska, Northwestern, Minnesota, Rutgers, Indiana. When nearly half a conference is contributing virtually nothing, that speaks to how overrated by many said conference actually is.

Perhaps, based on on-field competitiveness, it should have been the Big Ten folding, with Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State and Wisconsin headed to the Pac 12, rather than the other way around.

Why are we giving a playoff auto bid to leagues that produce virtually no NFL draft picks?

Penn State having 8 draft picks and producing a hideously awful offense is pretty funny.

2024 draft picks:
Notre Dame 7
Ohio State 4

I wouldn’t mind at this point kicking out these teams that contribute absolute nothing to the Big Ten. The conference is bad enough as is, it needs to improve and it’s sad that other teams need to carry the back half so much. Either these teams start recruiting/start producing better against the Southeast or they can GTFO.

I wouldn’t mind at this point kicking out these teams that contribute absolute nothing to the Big Ten. The conference is bad enough as is, it needs to improve and it’s sad that other teams need to carry the back half so much. Either these teams start recruiting/start producing better against the Southeast or they can GTFO.
When college football inevitably goes to an NFL model, I want the shyster hangers-on like Indiana, Rutgers and Minnesota thrown out of the new league like a bar bouncer would remove low-class, uncouth drunken leeches pestering other customers for free drinks.

These programs produce JACK SQUAT besides giving donating free wins/glorified bye weeks to Ohio State’s and Michigan’s ledgers.

When college football inevitably goes to an NFL model, I want the shyster hangers-on like Indiana, Rutgers and Minnesota thrown out of the new league like a bar bouncer would remove low-class, uncouth drunken leeches pestering other customers for free drinks.

These programs produce JACK SQUAT besides giving donating free wins/glorified bye weeks to Ohio State’s and Michigan’s ledgers.
Agreed and all it does is hurt OSU with their existence.