College Football 2022-2023

1662092170800.png

Looking at this picture, I remind myself the futility of betting.

[exits stage right] Sorry sack of #%^* team didn’t even have a chance of scoring. Why does New Mexico have two FBS programs, anyways?

Both games were great to watch. What a way to kick off week 1.

Penn States rushing offense struggled. Jeeze 3 yards a pop against an okay Purdue team.

It’s still early (12:30 2Q) but Nebraska is barely beating a remarkably dogcrap North Dakota 7-0.

It’s still early (12:30 2Q) but Nebraska is barely beating a remarkably dogcrap North Dakota 7-0.
Scott Frost calls two timeouts with UND inside the Nebraska 15, (UND had two timeouts) under :46 left in the 2Q, the first timeout before 3rd and 8.

UND just ties it up before the half, 7-7.

To give an idea on how egregious this score is, UND’s offense may as well be a mirror image of St. Edward (not a knock on the Eagles.) Just no talent whatsoever that should be remotely competitive with a Power 5 defense.

Last edited:
Oregon may not be a Top 40 team, much less Top 15. This team sucks.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

Az blocks their own punt. App St puts up 40pts in a quarter. ABC's opening marquee line-up score is presently 93-10. Fun year.

Last edited:
That UNC/App State game was wild. Blew the 2PC at the end and still got another chance after UNC housed the onside kick.

62 4th quarter points scored. 1 point short of the NCAA single quarter scoring record.

Looks like the Pac 12 is USC, Utah and a bunch of trash. The Pac 12 North in particular appears to have no juice, except Oregon State appears to be improved from their typical doormat status.

Oregon just looked so, so awful yesterday. I get that Georgia is great, but it was men vs. boys in that game.

A few random thoughts:

1. How bad is Hawaii? After Vandy destroyed them 63-10 last week, Vandy turned around and got outgained by Elon last night, only winning by 11.

2. Speaking of SEC East teams getting outgained by bad teams, South Carolina got outgained by Georgia State, knucklehead Spencer Rattler threw 2 INTs, and Carolina’s win only looked decent because of two second-half blocked punts returned for TDs.

3. T.J. Finley threw 2 INTs of his own for Auburn against Mercer. I have never been impressed by his QB play, whether at LSU or Auburn. Auburn appears to be in a world of trouble this season, and Bryan Harsin will likely pay with his job.

4. Speaking of hot seats, Louisville got soundly beaten in the Dome by Syracuse, even with the Orange chipping in a whopping 18 penalties. Scott Satterfield has to be on thin ice, IMO.

A lot of years, the ACC is basically Clemson and a muddled mess of mediocre or bad teams beneath them. At least this year, it seems like we might be able group the teams into competitive and mediocre/bad.

The Good/Competitive:

Clemson
Miami
NC State (even though they should have lost yesterday)
Pitt
Wake Forest
Florida State

The Bad:

North Carolina
Virginia
Boston College
Syracuse
Virginia Tech
Georgia Tech
Louisville
Duke

A few random thoughts:

1. How bad is Hawaii? After Vandy destroyed them 63-10 last week, Vandy turned around and got outgained by Elon last night, only winning by 11.

2. Speaking of SEC East teams getting outgained by bad teams, South Carolina got outgained by Georgia State, knucklehead Spencer Rattler threw 2 INTs, and Carolina’s win only looked decent because of two second-half blocked punts returned for TDs.

3. T.J. Finley threw 2 INTs of his own for Auburn against Mercer. I have never been impressed by his QB play, whether at LSU or Auburn. Auburn appears to be in a world of trouble this season, and Bryan Harsin will likely pay with his job.

4. Speaking of hot seats, Louisville got soundly beaten in the Dome by Syracuse, even with the Orange chipping in a whopping 18 penalties. Scott Satterfield has to be on thin ice, IMO.

All good takes.

Syracuse will surprise people. Babers has a really nice squad this season. The ACC should be better this season than they have been in awhile.

LSU looks very mediocre at best so far. Looks like Brian Kelly is trying to run the 2012 Everett Golson offense with Jayden Daniels, yet you have a really good WR group and you need to use them.

FSU D-line is winning the battle up front.

What moron commits an unsportsmanlike on a kick-off? And then to top it...

LSU needs to give its players IQ tests.