College Football 2022-2023

Why do coaches insist on using the " prevent defense"? FSU won despite some terrible coaching at the end.

Both those teams deserved to lose. Outrageous ending, though! Awful coaching decisions on both sides.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

Both those teams deserved to lose. Outrageous ending, though! Awful coaching decisions on both sides.

Trash special teams play by LSU looms large. Blocked FG and blocked PAT; two muffed punts that were turnovers.

The absurd thing with the two blocks is both were made possible by miscommunications/missed assignments between left end and left tackle. On the other side of the coin, FSU notched a whopping zero points off the two muffs. Just a dysfunctional game.

Couldn’t have happened to a nicer coach, tho.

Trash special teams play by LSU looms large. Blocked FG and blocked PAT; two muffed punts that were turnovers.

The absurd thing with the two blocks is both were made possible by miscommunications/missed assignments between left end and left tackle. On the other side of the coin, FSU notched a whopping zero points off the two muffs. Just a dysfunctional game.

Couldn’t have happened to a nicer coach, tho.
As a ND fan LSU looked a lot like what I have been subject to over the last 12 years.

Someone remind me to send the LSU AD a Christmas card.

As a ND fan LSU looked a lot like what I have been subject to over the last 12 years.

Someone remind me to send the LSU AD a Christmas card.
I was surprised as to how little interaction there seems to be from Kelly. Pretty much any time the camera was on him, he wasn't communicating with anyone. Seems crazy for the head coach.

This writer is not impressed with Kelly.

It was 1 game. He will win a lot of games down there, he has won everywhere he has been. Per capita, Louisiana probably has more football talent than any state. Still was a great way for him to lose.

It was 1 game. He will win a lot of games down there, he has won everywhere he has been. Per capita, Louisiana probably has more football talent than any state. Still was a great way for him to lose.
Will he though? It’s going to be a tough year down there, especially in SEC play. Their O line doesn’t look very good and their defense couldn’t get off the field on 3rd down last night. Plus their best defender (nose tackle) hurt his knee celebrating a play.

LSU fans are already mad at him and it’s only been one game. It could be a toxic atmosphere for him very quickly, especially since he’s an outsider.

Add in the fact that he’s never been an elite recruiter and he’ll be facing loads of negative recruiting even within the state of Louisiana.

He might get run out of town pretty fast, even with the massive contract.

Will he though? It’s going to be a tough year down there, especially in SEC play. Their O line doesn’t look very good and their defense couldn’t get off the field on 3rd down last night. Plus their best defender (nose tackle) hurt his knee celebrating a play.

LSU fans are already mad at him and it’s only been one game. It could be a toxic atmosphere for him very quickly, especially since he’s an outsider.

Add in the fact that he’s never been an elite recruiter and he’ll be facing loads of negative recruiting even within the state of Louisiana.

He might get run out of town pretty fast, even with the massive contract.

Outsider? You must have missed his introduction at the basketball game.😂 Yes, he will win a lot of games because he has won a lot of games with lessor talent, and he will accidentally have better talent here.

Nothing says outsider quite like that fake accent he adopted immediately upon going down there.

I agree he should fall into a lot of wins by way of being surrounded by enormous talent relative to what he's used to, but the natives have extremely high expectations and will eat him alive if he's not winning 10+ games and contending for SEC titles and national championships every year.

Clemson’s offense looked extremely average for most of the game against Georgia Tech. D.J. Uiagalelei’s playing time might start to be reduced. If I were Dabo, I’d want to start giving the freshman Klubnik more game reps in non-garbage time to see if the offense works better with him at the helm.

Ultimately they’re going to need to have the QB spot figured out by Oct. 15 when they go to FSU, and then they play at Notre Dame the first Saturday in November.

They do have to play at Wake Forest in three weeks and vs NC State on Oct. 1. Those might not be romps, the way the offense looked last night.

Clemson’s offense looked extremely average for most of the game against Georgia Tech. D.J. Uiagalelei’s playing time might start to be reduced. If I were Dabo, I’d want to start giving the freshman Klubnik more game reps in non-garbage time to see if the offense works better with him at the helm.

Ultimately they’re going to need to have the QB spot figured out by Oct. 15 when they go to FSU, and then they play at Notre Dame the first Saturday in November.

They do have to play at Wake Forest in three weeks and vs NC State on Oct. 1. Those might not be romps, the way the offense looked last night.

Based on last night, I don’t see how Klubnik isn’t starting by the time they come to ND.

IMO, their defense is strong enough to keep them in any game on their current schedule but yeah, their offense looks putrid and it doesn’t seem like DJU has improved at all from last year.

Some quick takes:

• Not sure if the UGA v Oregon game said more about the Dawgs or the Ducks.
  • I give the ACC teams credit for playing roadies against tough in state comp, too bad this may change in the future because of all these tight games.
  • As more and more players transfer or leave early there are a lot of "green" players seeing their first action of NCAA football week 1 and it showed on the field. LSU v Florida State was just ugly football.
  • One thing I will do this fall... Unless it is a crazy number I will take the under in the Clemson v ND game.

Some quick takes:
- Ohio State/ Notre Dame, neither team impressed. Stroud looks very shaky
-Georgia- put them in the finals. That's one of the two best teams, period.
-Brian Kelly is a good coach. Give him 5 years, LSU will be on par with Bama and Georgia
-Pretty amazing what Dabo has done at Clemson. Now they hit their ceiling and are settling back, but for him to take Clemson where they've been the last 8-10 years is amazing.
-SEC is going to be REALLY good this year.

Huge Choke job by Texas special teams to end the half. Really thought they should have run the ball with 8 seconds left, Robinson is one of the best RBs and he is a decoy?

Got to think Bama makes the adjustment at halftime and pulls this out but they do have warts. At the top of the list is discipline, 11 penalties and how many off sides against Anderson?