Cleveland Guardians

Manager was awful,team choked.
You’re right about Vogt. I haven’t had much of a beef with him this season, but he did a couple things the last two nights that irked me. Gaddis sucked last night and you don’t bring him back against the Atlanta Braves the very next night because you want to restore his confidence. More egregious, though, were the 10th inning both nights. You’re in ATL and lucky to be in extra innings. Just bunt the fuggin runner over to third and give Jose a chance at a sac RBI. If you get it, bring Clase in to save it. Last night, failed to do it and got lucky with another chance in the 11th. Not so lucky tonight. Sometimes you just need to play for that one run. Hopefully Vogt learns from this.

Reactions: y2h
You’re right about Vogt. I haven’t had much of a beef with him this season, but he did a couple things the last two nights that irked me. Gaddis sucked last night and you don’t bring him back against the Atlanta Braves the very next night because you want to restore his confidence. More egregious, though, were the 10th inning both nights. You’re in ATL and lucky to be in extra innings. Just bunt the fuggin runner over to third and give Jose a chance at a sac RBI. If you get it, bring Clase in to save it. Last night, failed to do it and got lucky with another chance in the 11th. Not so lucky tonight. Sometimes you just need to play for that one run. Hopefully Vogt learns from this.
Yep those were big mistakes. Hard to get 2 runs, with this weak lineup.

I'm so far liking that the Guardians are taking risks on the basepaths and overall it seems to be working, but they need to be smart about it. Take calculated risks. Stealing third in the 10th in a tight game, on the road in none other than Atlanta isn't a high percentage play.

Hunter gaddis get him out of pressure situations. He is not good, I miss francona.Team.lost to astros.,very bad

Last edited:
I love Cookie and it's a compelling story bringing him back here at age 37, but I'll be nice and say he hasn't looked good his last couple outings. He is honestly just a space filler ATM.

Last edited:
It certainly wouldn't hurt the pitching staff to have Mr. Williams and Mr. Hentges back.

The bottom half of the lineup is still as weak as it has been for the last few years. I know Mr. Florial hit the tying HR but going into the game the best BA from spots 5-9 in the lineup was .225 by Will Brennan. It's difficult to win when better than half of the lineup is hitting near or below the Mendoza line. It also doesn't help that Jose is scuffling right now. IMO Mr. Fry's bat needs to be in the lineup somewhere.

That's the kind of loss that can stay with a team for a while. Hopefully they can shake it off and get a W today.

GO GUARDS!

It certainly wouldn't hurt the pitching staff to have Mr. Williams and Mr. Hentges back.

The bottom half of the lineup is still as weak as it has been for the last few years. I know Mr. Florial hit the tying HR but going into the game the best BA from spots 5-9 in the lineup was .225 by Will Brennan. It's difficult to win when better than half of the lineup is hitting near or below the Mendoza line. It also doesn't help that Jose is scuffling right now. IMO Mr. Fry's bat needs to be in the lineup somewhere.

That's the kind of loss that can stay with a team for a while. Hopefully they can shake it off and get a W today.

GO GUARDS!
Agree
esp about Fry...that dude can play. Timely hits and solid defensively at 1B and catcher.

Last edited:
Don’t look now, but the rest of the AL Central, except for the White Sox, are right on the Guardians arse.

That was the Steven Kwan show last night. When the Guardians only got one run in the top of the 10th I thought here we go again, another EI loss, but Mr. Kwan turned in that great play in the bottom of the inning to keep the Astros off the board save the W. Off the bat I thought that ball was going to drop in for a game-tying base hit. Now they have a chance to win the series and pull out a 3-3 road trip. I know they could easily be 4-1 on this trip but I think the consensus here before they went on the road was that we would be happy if they came home with a 3-3 record for the 6-games against the Braves & Astros.

GO GUARDS!

Cool on Will Brennan for the HR last night. I know everyone's opinion of him on here isn't real high, but he can come up with timely hits and defensive stops every now and then too. What a couple defensive plays by Josh Naylor last night too.

Don't get me started, don't even get me started! :)

Forget that one and, oh yeah, try to find a legitimate Major League CFer for the rest of the season at least.

GO GUARDS!

Another thing: I know it happens sometimes, but it baffles me why situations like last night happen as often as they do. Astros at bat, foul ball, high pop drifting toward the dugout between first and home plate, B. Naylor and J. Naylor go after it, who has it? Someone call it! But no, it drops, leaving both guys staring at each other. It's not like they don't have ample opportunity to work on these situations. It blows my mind.

Another thing: I know it happens sometimes, but it baffles me why situations like last night happen as often as they do. Astros at bat, foul ball, high pop drifting toward the dugout between first and home plate, B. Naylor and J. Naylor go after it, who has it? Someone call it! But no, it drops, leaving both guys staring at each other. It's not like they don't have ample opportunity to work on these situations. It blows my mind.

It's even worse if the ball drops in fair territory when 3 or 4 guys are looking at each other while it hits the ground. That's why I always thought there should be a "Team Error" category or stat. Nobody touched it but it's a ball that should have been, make that has to be caught. Why should a pitcher be charged with giving up a hit and an earned run if that runner scores on a ball that most certainly should have been caught for an out? Make it a team error and treat is as such in the stats.

It's even worse if the ball drops in fair territory when 3 or 4 guys are looking at each other while it hits the ground. That's why I always thought there should be a "Team Error" category or stat. Nobody touched it but it's a ball that should have been, make that has to be caught. Why should a pitcher be charged with giving up a hit and an earned run if that runner scores on a ball that most certainly should have been caught for an out? Make it a team error and treat is as such in the stats.
It bugged me too because as Manning said, they should have been in the dugout-instead, next play Bo Naylor throws it into CF allowing the runner to score and make it 2-1 I believe. Granted the Astros blew it wide open after that, but I hate to see the Guardians play sloppy baseball.

I'm probably the only guy in yappiland that loves Hedges. No he doesn't hit well but his presence in the clubhouse is worth 15-20 wins. The Guardians players openly admitted they missed him last season when the season toook a turn in August.

Anybody else's Bally's telecast acting up tonight? I'm getting garble.

Last edited: