Cleveland Guardians

5-4 would be great. Anything better is gravy. 4-5 would be acceptable to me. Anything less would be disappointing. Red Sox at home. I want to see 2 of 3. 1 of 3 on the two difficult weekend series, but I hope they steal a game at one of those places and win the series. Might as well set a high bar.
Houston is struggling, 2 out of 3 is the bar for that series.

This is eerily reminiscent of the Ray's start, last year I think. Thing with this start in the central is you are really getting yourself room for error later. Let's discount KC...you are up 4 on tigers and 8 on twins ...on April 23
How many are they up on the White Sox 😂

Houston is struggling, 2 out of 3 is the bar for that series.
Yes, could we be seeing the early fall of the Astros dynasty? Probably not, but if the G’s come out of the next six games at 4-2 I would start seeing this level of play as more sustainable and less flukey than many see it now.

Yes, could we be seeing the early fall of the Astros dynasty? Probably not, but if the G’s come out of the next six games at 4-2 I would start seeing this level of play as more sustainable and less flukey than many see it now.
I take 3 3 and schedule easy for a month.

Mr. Sale lost his perfect game, his no-hitter and his shutout all on one pitch to the first hitter of the game. :)

I hope the Guardians can remain undefeated on the season when scoring first in a game.

GO GUARDS!

Other than Kwan's leadoff HR the Guardians just could not do anything with Mr. Sale last night. Props to him, now forget that game and go out and get the W today guys.

GO GUARDS!

Other than Kwan's leadoff HR the Guardians just could not do anything with Mr. Sale last night. Props to him, now forget that game and go out and get the W today guys.

GO GUARDS!
I believe they loaded the bases in the second inning and didn’t score? I was in a noisy bar, so I might be mistaken. I do know they had some chances in the first two innings to get to Sale, but failed and he locked in after that.

I believe they loaded the bases in the second inning and didn’t score? I was in a noisy bar, so I might be mistaken. I do know they had some chances in the first two innings to get to Sale, but failed and he locked in after that.

They did have a chance to add on in the 2nd inning but they just couldn't get the hit they needed. Had they been able to do so who knows how the game might have gone. Sale had thrown at least 40 pitches through the first 2 innings, I think it was 42. I was thinking that he might not be around too long and the Guards would get to the Braves' bullpen early but then Sale only threw about 50 pitches in the next 5 innings. He wriggled off the hook in the 2nd and dominated the Guardians lineup the rest of the way.

GO GUARDS!

They did have a chance to add on in the 2nd inning but they just couldn't get the hit they needed. Had they been able to do so who knows how the game might have gone. Sale had thrown at least 40 pitches through the first 2 innings, I think it was 42. I was thinking that he might not be around too long and the Guards would get to the Braves' bullpen early but then Sale only threw about 50 pitches in the next 5 innings. He wriggled off the hook in the 2nd and dominated the Guardians lineup the rest of the way.

GO GUARDS!
Roccio looked overmatched, struck out on the same fastball at his shoulders twice in a row.

I don't know about you guys but IMO the ball that Kelenic hit that tied the game in the 8th should have been caught. If it had been Cleveland probably gets out of the inning 2-1 going to the 9th and it most likely ends that way in regulation.

Bibee was phenomenal. It's a shame he didn't get the win but the good guys won it in the end. Barlow did a great job getting out of that bases-loaded no-out jam in the 10th. Nice win and a chance to win another series.

GO GUARDS!

What in the world was Kwan doing trying to steal third? This hasn't been one of the Guardians headier efforts this year. I feel like they ran themselves out of that inning.

EDIT, you can't win em all, but this one was winnable. They could have taken the series too.

Last edited:
I have no idea what Kwan is thinking today. Two huge baserunning mistakes by him and why didn't Jose slide on that steal attempt? I certainly don't expect those kinds of gaffes from those two guys.

Looking at the replay Jose may have thought the ball was fouled off.

It doesn't matter it all adds up to a 4-3 loss. The Guardians had their chances. Shake it off and get ready for the Astros.

GO GUARDS!

Last edited: