Cleveland Guardians

The Guards broke out the brooms today. That's what "good teams" are supposed to do against weaker teams. Also, I believe they are the only team in MLB that is undefeated when they score first, 11-0 now.

GO GUARDS!

Guards are off to a great start for sure, but the next 9 games are Boston, Atlanta and Houston. Cleveland should hope to go 5-4 in that stretch, but more likely will go 4-5 or 3-6. And you will be the first one on here posting about embarrassing losses.
5-4 would be great. Anything better is gravy. 4-5 would be acceptable to me. Anything less would be disappointing. Red Sox at home. I want to see 2 of 3. 1 of 3 on the two difficult weekend series, but I hope they steal a game at one of those places and win the series. Might as well set a high bar.

Guards are off to a great start for sure, but the next 9 games are Boston, Atlanta and Houston. Cleveland should hope to go 5-4 in that stretch, but more likely will go 4-5 or 3-6. And you will be the first one on here posting about embarrassing losses.
5-4? Brian made it clear that the next 38 games are vs easy teams. That means we'll be sitting at 54-6 after 60 games, which should help us win the division.

5-4 would be great. Anything better is gravy. 4-5 would be acceptable to me. Anything less would be disappointing. Red Sox at home. I want to see 2 of 3. 1 of 3 on the two difficult weekend series, but I hope they steal a game at one of those places and win the series. Might as well set a high bar.
So people say oakland is bad.Ask the Yankees today lol.

So people say oakland is bad.Ask the Yankees today lol.
If you take away Oakland's two series against the Indians, they are 9-8.
Take their record against the Guardians away and they are respectable.
Their bargain basement roster is trash, except for Gelof and maybe Ruiz. This is not Moneyball 2.

It is April 23. In the MLB bad teams beat good teams 35 or 40% of the time, and even bad teams have good streaks. Water always finds its level over the long haul. Check back at the end of May on where Oakland is. Maybe they make me eat my words, but I doubt it.

Their bargain basement roster is trash, except for Gelof and maybe Ruiz. This is not Moneyball 2.

It is April 23. In the MLB bad teams beat good teams 35 or 40% of the time, and even bad teams have good streaks. Water always finds its level over the long haul. Check back at the end of May on where Oakland is. Maybe they make me eat my words, but I doubt it.
Oh, they are terrible…but as of today they are hanging in against everyone but CLE.

This is eerily reminiscent of the Ray's start, last year I think. Thing with this start in the central is you are really getting yourself room for error later. Let's discount KC...you are up 4 on tigers and 8 on twins ...on April 23

The Guardians, then Indians, were 17-6 in 1999 & 1966. I remember 1966 like it was yesterday. They started 10-0 that season. I'm pretty sure they were 14-1 after 15 games, and I know they finished at 81-81 at least 15 games behind Baltimore. Hopefully this season finishes more like the 1999 rather than the 1966 season.

GO GUARDS!

It is inevitable that in a 162-game schedule there will be ugly losses like that one last night for just about every team. I remember the Indians beating the Yankees, 22-0, in a season that saw NY win 101 games. The Guardians just have to shake that one off and win the series today.

GO GUARDS!

The Guardians remain undefeated when they score first raising that record to 12-0 but more importantly they add another series win. It will be tough in Atlanta but bring on the Braves.

GO GUARDS!