Cleveland Guardians

The Guards had their chances. Two on no outs in the 5th, bases loaded nobody out in the 7th, didn't score either inning. Mr. Leasure with two huge Ks in the 7th when the Sox needed them most. Cleveland just could not get the timely hit they needed. Hats off to the Sox pitchers in those situations. Shake that one off and get the W today.

GO GUARDS!

For some reason the White Sox give the Guardians trouble beyond what their record would seem to indicate. Lasr year was kind of the same story, I think Cleveland was 5-8 vs. the White Sox. But, Jose did score a TKO over Tim Anderson last year which made it a series win in my book!

For some reason the White Sox give the Guardians trouble beyond what their record would seem to indicate. Lasr year was kind of the same story, I think Cleveland was 5-8 vs. the White Sox. But, Jose did score a TKO over Tim Anderson last year which made it a series win in my book!

Anderson definitely had that coming to him.

Watching Arias play is excruciating. For me the most frustrating part is that he will make a sensational defensive play occasionally but he routinely boots the easy "routine" play like he did last night causing unearned runs. Same thing at the plate, moments where he shows potential to be a solid hitter but many more where he looks completely overmatched and is not even remotely close to putting the ball in play. I don't know if it's just a loss of concentration on his part but it certainly isn't fun to watch from a fan's perspective. Hopefully they can get the next two to split the series.

GO GUARDS!

Watching Arias play is excruciating. For me the most frustrating part is that he will make a sensational defensive play occasionally but he routinely boots the easy "routine" play like he did last night causing unearned runs. Same thing at the plate, moments where he shows potential to be a solid hitter but many more where he looks completely overmatched and is not even remotely close to putting the ball in play. I don't know if it's just a loss of concentration on his part but it certainly isn't fun to watch from a fan's perspective. Hopefully they can get the next two to split the series.

GO GUARDS!
This just seems to be a tough stretch for the team. It's frustrating, but..let's see how the next 2 games go. I think if it's a similar storyline after 2 more games, the Guardians need some kind of a shakeup in the lineup. He's an easy target, and it's unfair, but Manzardo looks overmatched early-not sure what you do with him but not sure how much longer you keep putting him out there. Agree Arias' lack of consistency is a liability. Notwithstanding his triple last night, Brennan seems to struggle with the low-and-away pitch. Freeman has cooled off after a hot start. Giminez don't gt me started. Even Jose had an uncharacteristic error last night. It's just frustrating to watch the second-worst team in baseball slap your team around 2 nights in a row.

PS LOL can we trade for Tommy Pham? Dude's 100, but beats our A every time he plays us, at the plate and in the field, going back to when he was with the Rays.

Last edited:
Well at least they avoided the sweep. Still hanging on to first place. Mr. Allen looked much better today. Even though they scored 7 runs they only had 5 hits but I'll take it. Need to pick up the hitting a little bit. Bring on the Champs!

GO GUARDS!

Good lord, those City Connect unis are the real deal. It took three years, input from the organization, a full design team and they came up with those ugly, softball uniform clown clothes? Could have used the millions of dollars to actually improve the team. I would not trade a bag of pretzels for those hideous duds.

Can we go to Handel's instead coach? :)

Sure we can. Ice cream!

HaHa..............Off Topic 1960's flashback. I was 8, signed up for my first year of baseball. Phone rang one night, my mom answered, wrote down the details then handed the phone to me. Coach "Smith" told me that I was on the Cardinals and that we'd meet in a couple of days at the first practice. After talking with my Dad and Grand Dads I was pretty pumped about being a Cardinal! When I showed up for practice Coach "Smith" wasn't there, but Coach "Jones" was. He told me that he was my "new" coach as I'd been traded to the Pirates. WTH? It was right then and there I realized that it's a business.

Back-to-back 7-0 shutout wins. Mr. Bibee looked good, a shame he didn't get the W, and Mr. Sandlin did a great job keeping the Rangers off the board in the 6th inning. The Guardians picked up 1/2 game on the Twins and a full game on the Royals and now have a chance to win the series today.

GO GUARDS!

Back-to-back 7-0 shutout wins. Mr. Bibee looked good, a shame he didn't get the W, and Mr. Sandlin did a great job keeping the Rangers off the board in the 6th inning. The Guardians picked up 1/2 game on the Twins and a full game on the Royals and now have a chance to win the series today.

GO GUARDS!
Ditto for Gaddis and Clase. Anytime you shutout Texas with that lineup you have accomplished something.