Cavs 2023-24

If we move Allen who plays the 5? The last 4 MVP’s have all been big men…not saying we can’t make a move but how do we fill the hole? Garland is expendable…even in a nice rebound win he played horrific defense…just no effort..the old European guard beat him off the bounce like a step child
What does Allen matter if he is the wet paper bag from the playoffs? Watched that elimination game last year in person, and it was even worse to watch him in person

Yeah nope, not before mitchell signs. I go to DM, ask him what and who he wants and doesnt, and put the contract in front of him. Without him we are not worth much
This is the answer.

We are seeing that without Donovan we have no difference-makers. We have:
- above average NBA guys: Allen, Mobley, Garland, LeVert
- average NBA guys: Niang, Wade, Strus, Merrill, etc.

This team without Mitchell is a 45-48 win team. Gotta resign the man at max cost, then let him have input on who the keepers are, instead of a bunch of Yappi complainers. (Hint: he will want to keep Mobley and Allen. Every good guard loves big guys that defend, rebound, and don't demand the ball)

What does Allen matter if he is the wet paper bag from the playoffs? Watched that elimination game last year in person, and it was even worse to watch him in person
Okay…so who are we getting? Allen is a double double machine…not many of those floating around out there..

This is the answer.

This team without Mitchell is a 45-48 win team. Gotta resign the man at max cost, then let him have input on who the keepers are, instead of a bunch of Yappi complainers. (Hint: he will want to keep Mobley and Allen. Every good guard loves big guys that defend, rebound, and don't demand the ball)
No way he wants lane clogger/non shooter Mobley unless he is second unit…Mitchell SHINED when he and Garland were out…so much more spacing and shooting…he could get to the rim at will…

With 10 games left it's a hell of a time to start playing your worst basketball of the season. It's also way late to make major adjustments. Frustrating damn team. They should change their name to the Cleveland Tinmen.

I know a few of us mentioned this earlier in the year (and a few others thought it was a crazy thought), but does moving Mobley in the offseason make sense? I know he has a unique skill set, but something ain't working on this team when he/Allen play together.

I know a few of us mentioned this earlier in the year (and a few others thought it was a crazy thought), but does moving Mobley in the offseason make sense? I know he has a unique skill set, but something ain't working on this team when he/Allen play together.
No. Why would you trade a young player that’s already performed at a solid level on offense and has improved each season, in addition to being an elite defender?

I’m not saying Mobley is going to blossom into another Giannis, but all Mobley’s numbers in his first three years blow away Giannis in that same time frame. It was in the fourth year when Giannis stepped up to all-star level and it coincided with him taking a lot more shots. I would like to see Mobley become a bigger part of the offense.

Trade Mobley at age 22? No way.

When the talk is of not being able to mesh players on the roster the change that leaps out to me is the coach.

Reactions: y2h
No. Why would you trade a young player that’s already performed at a solid level on offense and has improved each season, in addition to being an elite defender?

I’m not saying Mobley is going to blossom into another Giannis, but all Mobley’s numbers in his first three years blow away Giannis in that same time frame. It was in the fourth year when Giannis stepped up to all-star level and it coincided with him taking a lot more shots. I would like to see Mobley become a bigger part of the offense.

Trade Mobley at age 22? No way.

When the talk is of not being able to mesh players on the roster the change that leaps out to me is the coach.
Mobley's game this year doesn't seem very different than it was last year, and I completely understand that the knee issue slowed things down once the season started. But if he's "all that", shouldn't he bring a decent return in a trade? If the Cavs make an early exit again, there have to be serious discussions about the coach and the makeup of this roster.

Mobley's game this year doesn't seem very different than it was last year, and I completely understand that the knee issue slowed things down once the season started. But if he's "all that", shouldn't he bring a decent return in a trade? If the Cavs make an early exit again, there have to be serious discussions about the coach and the makeup of this roster.
As much as I’m not a huge fan of Garland and Allen, and see them as trade bait IF…and only IF…the trade betters the Cavs, I’m more inclined to fire JB and see what a better coach like Budenholzer can do with the Core Four and the rest of the Cavs.

This is the answer.

Mitchell is an absolute must sign. He is the franchise. This is probably the 20th time I’ve posted it in this thread this year - haha. It’s true, though. Show him the money! 💰

Tea leaves are really coming out this week pointing to him signing the extension. Now a Gilbert AP interview today pointing same direction. I actually think DM likes it here. Sign him, give him the keys, finalize around his certainty, and get rid of the waste.

And by all means, bring in a proven coach. JB was good to get us from rubble to contender, now need to go next level while the chance exists

As much as I’m not a huge fan of Garland and Allen, and see them as trade bait IF…and only IF…the trade betters the Cavs, I’m more inclined to fire JB and see what a better coach like Budenholzer can do with the Core Four and the rest of the Cavs.
Mobley and Allen do not fit together … IMO you trade Mobley because he would bring back more … plus he is eligible for a pay raise this summer … his play has not shown him to be elite …his mental makeup will hold him back … trade him now while his value is still high.

• Haha
Reactions: y2h
Mobley and Allen do not fit together … IMO you trade Mobley because he would bring back more … plus he is eligible for a pay raise this summer … his play has not shown him to be elite …his mental makeup will hold him back … trade him now while his value is still high.
If you watched tonight you realize this post is dead wrong. Mobley just keeps getting better. Hit the biggest three of the night at a clutch moment and filled up the stat sheet.

No one with half a brain trades this kid.

If you watched tonight you realize this post is dead wrong. Mobley just keeps getting better. Hit the biggest three of the night at a clutch moment and filled up the stat sheet.

Agreed. I really believe he jumps up another level in his game next year just by being more confident in his offense. He will be a 20/10 a night player who plays great D.

Heard the same thing about Jaret Wright … the Indians refused to give him up for Pedro Martinez …. because he was only 22 and going to be the CyYoung … how did that turn out?

Heard the same thing about Jaret Wright … the Indians refused to give him up for Pedro Martinez …. because he was only 22 and going to be the CyYoung … how did that turn out?
John Hart should have made that deal, but he let his heart overrule his head due to Clyde Wright, father of Jaret, being one of Hart’s best friends. Even with that, he couldn’t have seen Wright’s injury coming. That was just bad luck. No comparison to Mobley’s situation. Mobley already has accomplished a lot at age 22 and his game is expanding. Who are you looking to get in the trade?

With Garland and Mitchell dominating the ball, a guy like Mobley that doesn't need the ball consistently to contribute is really valuable. He's also relatively easy on the budget at this point. Also, he's a nice defensive piece. He's not going anywhere unless Altman makes a blockbuster for a big star he thinks makes them title competitive immediately.

With Garland and Mitchell dominating the ball, a guy like Mobley that doesn't need the ball consistently to contribute is really valuable. He's also relatively easy on the budget at this point. Also, he's a nice defensive piece. He's not going anywhere unless Altman makes a blockbuster for a big star he thinks makes them title competitive immediately.
I think Mobley is due for his big contract extension this summer, so the Cavs will have to decide if the potential of him developing his further is worth a monster deal.

I like where the Cavs sit right now, in the three hole with a first round series versus Indy. Conference semi would likely be the Bucks, and the Cavs seem to typically play them well. Meanwhile, let Boston, NY, Orlando, Philly/Miami beat each other up on the other side of the bracket.