Cavs 2023-24

My favorite racist radio sports commentator is on the radio now saying that they got to get Bronny James on the phone, that they got to get LeBron on the phone. Hell no. Don’t let that freaking multi-generational diva idiot squad anywhere near this team.

Stay in LA. You can’t come home again. We don’t want you.

Last edited:
Reactions: y2h
My favorite racist radio sports commentator is on the radio now saying that they got to get Bronny James on the phone, that they got to get LeBron on the phone. Hell no. Don’t let that freaking multi-generational diva idiot squad anywhere near this team.

Stay in LA. You can’t go home again. We don’t want you.
Agree. Just get Budenholzer on the phone and have him on a plane to CLE for a press conference about ten seconds after JB has left the building for good.

Stay in LA. You can’t come home again. We don’t want you.
Yeah I don't want any part of it. If LBJ wants to sign a 10 day deal to wrap his career and play a couple games, good. Otherwise no, God no. And bronny heck no

So, the more I look at everything since all star weekend, the more I think mitchell is gone, and convos were had that weekend. Since has been different for him in performance, injuries and reat....team has also been performing worse. Then the sources start dropping he will leave unless we go to finals (lol). Rinse repeat

So, the more I look at everything since all star weekend, the more I think mitchell is gone, and convos were had that weekend. Since has been different for him in performance, injuries and reat....team has also been performing worse. Then the sources start dropping he will leave unless we go to finals (lol). Rinse repeat
I sensed something happened, beyond injury, to Mitchell at the all star break and was met with skepticism when I posted it on Yappi. As for the Cavs in general, there has been a clear pattern the last three years of the team fading after the all star break. Let’s just get this first round loss out of the way and bring in a new coach…someone who Mitchell approves of…and stop wasting seasons.

on the bright side, at least we won't have to waste sunny Spring days sitting inside and watching a long playoff run

No way he wants lane clogger/non shooter Mobley unless he is second unit…Mitchell SHINED when he and Garland were out…so much more spacing and shooting…he could get to the rim at will…
Only a fool would get rid of Mobley

Mobley's game this year doesn't seem very different than it was last year, and I completely understand that the knee issue slowed things down once the season started. But if he's "all that", shouldn't he bring a decent return in a trade? If the Cavs make an early exit again, there have to be serious discussions about the coach and the makeup of this roster.
He's a much better shooter than last year and more aggressive going to the rim.

John Hart should have made that deal, but he let his heart overrule his head due to Clyde Wright, father of Jaret, being one of Hart’s best friends. Even with that, he couldn’t have seen Wright’s injury coming. That was just bad luck. No comparison to Mobley’s situation. Mobley already has accomplished a lot at age 22 and his game is expanding. Who are you looking to get in the trade?
This is what drives me crazy about Cleveland fans. I don't know if every market is like this but it's endemic to our fan base. Have a stud, demand stud be traded...look at what a haul we'll get in return! To what end? Develop another stud as trade bait a few years down the road in an endless cycle. You've got the guy you hope to get back in return, what the heck are we talking about here.

To be competitive you need talent, we've assembled the talent now people want to blow it up for the hope of potential future talent.

26 point lead blown team.is embarrassing.
If there was any question about Bickerstaffs job security it's over now. Good luck in your next job coach.

Who the hell sits their best player in the last week of the season while fighting for seeding?

- Cavs play Memphis, Indy and Charlotte (should be 2-1 or 3-0)
- Knicks play Bulls twice, Boston and Nets (should be 3-1)
- Pacers play Raptors, Cavs, Atlanta (hopefully 1-2)
- Orlando plays Houston, Milwaukee twice, 76ers (probably 1-3, maybe 2-2)
- Milwaukee plays Boston, Magic twice, OKC (2-2 or even 1-3?)

So, assuming the Cavs can handle the 2 poor teams, beating Indy is a 3-0 finish and 49-33. That could be a 3-way tie with Milwaukee and the Knicks for 2 seed. More likely a tie with the Knicks for 3 seed. Pacers and Magic cannot get to 49 wins.

Just gotta take care of business this week.

Because at 22 he's a finished product
The reason I would have traded Mobley at the trade deadline was mostly because A) Mobley is not ready to be a prime time player now … and the Cavs (IMO) needed a playoff ready player(s) this year to keep Mitchell … plus B) Allen & Mobley do not fit together, C) you would get more by trading Mobley than Allen … my fear was (and still is) that Mitchell will ask out if they do not make a significant playoff run this year.

The comment you quoted was tongue in cheek because of all the pushback and you guys acting like Mobley was the next LeBron … while I still have my doubts that Mobley will develop into a true superstar … I think he will be a good player … just not elite … to me, to be elite he either needs a consistent jumper or an elite post game … right now he has neither.

While he has improve some recently … not nearly as much as I would have thought by now … all I have heard was how Mitchell was stagnating him … well Mitchell has been out … and Mobley has not really been any better … I am just not sure he has the mentality to be a big dog … and my final point, as a Cleveland fan I have seen numerous times the Cleveland fan base fall in love with the young so called phenom … to only get disappointed.

The reason I would have traded Mobley at the trade deadline was mostly because A) Mobley is not ready to be a prime time player now … and the Cavs (IMO) needed a playoff ready player(s) this year to keep Mitchell … plus B) Allen & Mobley do not fit together, C) you would get more by trading Mobley than Allen … my fear was (and still is) that Mitchell will ask out if they do not make a significant playoff run this year.

The comment you quoted was tongue in cheek because of all the pushback and you guys acting like Mobley was the next LeBron … while I still have my doubts that Mobley will develop into a true superstar … I think he will be a good player … just not elite … to me, to be elite he either needs a consistent jumper or an elite post game … right now he has neither.

While he has improve some recently … not nearly as much as I would have thought by now … all I have heard was how Mitchell was stagnating him … well Mitchell has been out … and Mobley has not really been any better … I am just not sure he has the mentality to be a big dog … and my final point, as a Cleveland fan I have seen numerous times the Cleveland fan base fall in love with the young so called phenom … to only get disappointed.
Seriously. No one said or alluded that Mobley was the next LeBron. Mobley is an above average NBA player now, and with his length, agility and age will almost certainly keep getting better. Will he ever be top 10 in the league? Probably not.

But Mobley is not the type of kid you trade to get draft picks and future prospects. he is exactly the future prospect that you would be hoping to get in return. Nobody who might have taken Mobley in a trade is going to give up "prime time players" to get him. If you think they would, you are dreaming. Teams that are contending will keep their prime time players. Give it up already.

The real question is WHAT would you get for him?

You absolutely cannot pay Mobley…that is a cap wrecker…he is an above average player at best…should be second unit. Feelings aside the NBA is a business with a cap. You can’t pay everyone big money. So… who do you keep? Finding veterans on reasonable contracts is how you build depth. Who do we pick up? This is not a championship roster. IF Mitchell walks we are a play in team next year.