Cavs 2023-24

Concur with what I've seen posted here. If they blow this series, the organization (coaching staff, GM, etc.) absolutely has to go.

I expected them to drop at least game 3 on the road trip due to the ebb and flow of a series, but that was absolutely pathetic. Zero excuse for getting routed like that in both games. Orlando has huge momentum as the series returns to Cleveland.

The Cavs were at their best when they were playing 1 pg, 3 wings and 1 post. Won 18/20. Now JB refuses to use that.
They had 4 shooters on floor at all times … opened up the floor for drives and if the tried to help on the drives they had wide open 3s … right now they are last in three point percentage and three pointers made … and last in scoring

They had 4 shooters on floor at all times … opened up the floor for drives and if the tried to help on the drives they had wide open 3s … right now they are last in three point percentage and three pointers made … and last in scoring
Different point of the season. Play after the all star break is much tougher than before and the playoffs are played even more physical. Three years in a row the Cavs have rolled up a great record in the “who cares” part of the season, only to get physically beat up when the teams start playing and the refs let them bash. Apples to oranges.

Different point of the season. Play after the all star break is much tougher than before and the playoffs are played even more physical. Three years in a row the Cavs have rolled up a great record in the “who cares” part of the season, only to get physically beat up when the teams start playing and the refs let them bash. Apples to oranges.
You can say that … but the team that shoots better from three are 25-3 (and 2 ties) compared to 17-13 for the team with more offensive rebounds in this year’s playoffs … the team that wins the rebounding/more physical wins at a 57% clip while the team that shoots better wins at a 82% clip … three point shooting is more impactful … and the Cavs are taking less now and making way less than they were when they were playing well.

Last edited:
The difference this year is the head coach is inept.
No. What I meant was that the Cavs led wire-to-wire in Games 1 and 2, not letting Orlando get the lead. In 2009 both games came down to the final shot. In other words, the first two games went better this time around.

Every year, Cleveland fans are asked to weigh in on which pro team will win the next championship. From all indications, none of them is close, so the better question would be:" Will any of the teams win a championship in the next 50 yrs?"

Every year, Cleveland fans are asked to weigh in on which pro team will win the next championship. From all indications, none of them is close, so the better question would be:" Will any of the teams win a championship in the next 50 yrs?"
Just by the sheer possibility it could be done with as few as three postseason wins, I still go with the Browns.

What was the difference between the first two games in this series and the first two games of the 2009 ECF? I'm not surprised that the series is even now but Cleveland had best hold serve on Tuesday.
You mean other than the coach and all the players being different?

If Phoenix blows up the Suns I wonder if a deal could be swung where the Suns get Mitchell and the Cavs get Booker? Heck, I would take Vogel as coach, too. Maybe Garland and Booker could work.

If Phoenix blows up the Suns I wonder if a deal could be swung where the Suns get Mitchell and the Cavs get Booker? Heck, I would take Vogel as coach, too. Maybe Garland and Booker could work.
You'd have to throw in several draft choices or another player to get Booker. Mitchell isn't as valuable anymore.

You'd have to throw in several draft choices or another player to get Booker. Mitchell isn't as valuable anymore.
Before the all star break Mitchell was in the MVP conversation. He has slipped back to 9th in scoring (26.9, Booker=27.1) with 5 boards, 2 steals and 6 assists per game. He is 27 years old, same as Booker.

But you think Mitchell is not valuable anymore? Got it. Grass is always greener...

Before the all star break Mitchell was in the MVP conversation. He has slipped back to 9th in scoring (26.9, Booker=27.1) with 5 boards, 2 steals and 6 assists per game. He is 27 years old, same as Booker.

But you think Mitchell is not valuable anymore? Got it. Grass is always greener...
Mitchell is still vauable.

I really hope it doesn’t reach that point and that the Cavs close out Orlando and give Boston a series. If they don’t, though, you have to explore Booker if PHX blows it up.

Still riding the Mobley train…even as he gets pushed around and is worthless on offense except for the occasional lob? I still think the problem is higher up than JB…there must be pressure to run certain lineups…JB isn’t blind. Garland is too small and slight for any kind of playoff run…Suggs is eating him alive. Mitchell’s problem is there is no space to operate…he ends up being doubled. You guys busting Allen is ridiculous….he is the only player that did anything the last 2 games…

Still riding the Mobley train…even as he gets pushed around and is worthless on offense except for the occasional lob? I still think the problem is higher up than JB…there must be pressure to run certain lineups…JB isn’t blind. Garland is too small and slight for any kind of playoff run…Suggs is eating him alive. Mitchell’s problem is there is no space to operate…he ends up being doubled. You guys busting Allen is ridiculous….he is the only player that did anything the last 2 games…
Trade garland and mobley that simple.

Likely no. We had our 1 lifetime title