Cavs 2023-24

They worked over LaVert, Allen and Niang too today. I watched all of them get repeatedly punked. It’s a team culture issue.
Cant disagree with that. I hate to over-react but this entire franchise might need a reset. GM, coach, see what you can get for anybody on the roster. As constructed this team is good enough to make the playoffs but not be a contender.

Cant disagree with that. I hate to over-react but this entire franchise might need a reset. GM, coach, see what you can get for anybody on the roster. As constructed this team is good enough to make the playoffs but not be a contender.
I actually was thinking about that as I watched the last few minutes…that history is passing this group by already.

I thought Austin Carr was just going to have a stroke as he tried so hard to call the Cavs a bunch of puzzies without using the word.

Mobley is not good…should not start and as I said before I would trade him for a 1974 Ford Pinto and a ring of kielbasa. Mitchell isn’t running this back. Cavs made zero adjustments….they trot the same dudes out and do the same thing every game. I said to my son (who is a coach) why not TT halfway thru the 3rd? He is tougher and had six fouls to give to match the physicality.

Three years ago the Cavs faded after the all star break, wound up in the play in games and fizzled out.

Last year the Cavs faded after the all star break and got punked by the Knicks in the first round of the playoffs.

This year the Cavs faded after the all star break and…

If they lose this series you can either blow up the team or the organization. I would choose the latter. I would give the core of this team a chance to play for a better coach within an organization that has higher expectations than the current group.

They should be coming home with their tails between their legs, and wrapped around their weak necks. After how well they played first 2 games with thr atmosphere here, to go to freaking Orlando and do what they did is inexcusable. Sorry if I have ptsd to watching them in person getting eliminated last year in that pathetic showing. Same old

They should be coming home with their tails between their legs, and wrapped around their weak necks. After how well they played first 2 games with thr atmosphere here, to go to freaking Orlando and do what they did is inexcusable. Sorry if I have ptsd to watching them in person getting eliminated last year in that pathetic showing. Same old
One huge problem is the Cavs have shown no ability to score. They have yet to score 100 in a game this series. If the Magic hits 100, the Cavs are cooked.

A) fire JB…I know high school coaches that are better
B) fire Altman. Has done nothing to upgrade the roster. Mitchell is over valued in the league.
C) trade Mitchell for some picks and rebuild

Sorry, Mitchel isn’t this great player that he perceived to be
I want to dislike this comment but can't. Say what you want about LeBron, and there is certainly little love lost with me, but that's the kind of situation with not only the game but series slipping away he'd take over, put the team on his back and will them to victory. Mitchell did nothing to stop the bleeding.

A) fire JB…I know high school coaches that are better
B) fire Altman. Has done nothing to upgrade the roster. Mitchell is over valued in the league.
C) trade Mitchell for some picks and rebuild
I have mixed feelings about Mitchell. On one hand I see him as a franchise cornerstone superstar that must be signed long term. One the other hand it’s possible that he simply isn’t a good fit here. I don’t want to believe the second part until I see him under a much better coach than JB.

The Cavs were at their best when they were playing 1 pg, 3 wings and 1 post. Won 18/20. Now JB refuses to use that.
That was before the break, before teams start gearing up for the playoffs. Three years in a row now the Cavs have run up a lot of wins in the soft part of the NBA season, only to limp down the stretch every year when the good teams get serious. The Magic are a big team. The Cavs need to play big versus Wagner, Wagner, Banchero and Isaac.

Last edited:
That was before the break, before teams start gearing up for the playoffs. Three years in a row now the Cavs have run up a lot of wins in the soft part of the NBA season, only to limp down the stretch every year when the good teams get serious. The Magic are a big team. The Cavs need to play big versus Wagner, Wagner, Banchero and Little.
Because that has worked the last 2 games?

He definitely should work on some different rotations, but maybe not small. Why sit Morris and Thompson all game? And Wade’s knee better be shredded, because he would be very useful out there.
Strus and Niang are laying enough brick to join the union and no Sam Merrill?

The keep talking about the experience and toughness that Morris and Thompson bring, what good does it do you sitting on the bench?

I've never been a fan of short rotations.

fd198106-b5a6-4ee5-a363-996928f2e691_text.gif

Soft organization, soft culture. Mobley should be ashamed of himself letting Wagner bully him like that

Cavs panicking in the third. They look rudderless, as they are being run out of the arena.
Yep - wow that was an ugly 2nd half. I got that wrong. Team needs a real coach above all else to be able to correct things when they get sideways. Also, the bench was useless today - outscored by Orlando's bench by almost 30.

Yep - wow that was an ugly 2nd half. I got that wrong. Team needs a real coach above all else to be able to correct things when they get sideways. Also, the bench was useless today - outscored by Orlando's bench by almost 30.
Of course JB barely uses the bench so...

Do we need to call in Paul Silas, Wes Unseld, Maurice Lucas, Buck Williams, Jeff Ruland, Rick Mahorn, Bill Laimbeer, Charles Oakley and Anthony Mason to get this done?

Can’t complain. Up 2-0 and playing very spirited and aggressive. Love to see it. The Magic just look too young, but they have a chance to get back into it at home.
What was the difference between the first two games in this series and the first two games of the 2009 ECF? I'm not surprised that the series is even now but Cleveland had best hold serve on Tuesday.

What was the difference between the first two games in this series and the first two games of the 2009 ECF? I'm not surprised that the series is even now but Cleveland had best hold serve on Tuesday.
The difference this year is the head coach is inept.