Week 10
CitySchool
Cincinnati Archbishop Moeller
Cleveland Lincoln West
Cleveland St. Ignatius
Medina

Week 3
Clearview @ McDonald
Rock Creek Christian Academy (MD) @ Lakewood St. Edward - Cancelled - RCCA closed

Week 6

Mount Vernon (IL) @ Akron Hoban

Week 7
Cincinnati LaSalle @ Indianapolis Roncalli (IN)

Week 8
Rock Creek Christian Academy (MD) @ Cincinnati Elder - Cancelled - RCCA closed

Last edited:
Looking like Mogadore's choices are either 2 Cleveland Metropolitan High Schools or Hopewell-Louden ( who they've played before). Maybe neutral site game for that one?

I know it likely not happen but would be interesting to see D7 powerhouse Vs an Average D2 school week 1.

Columbus St. Charles
Vs.
Maria Stein Marion Local

Some ideas:

Week 2:
Massillon Jackson vs. Austintown Fitch
Norton vs. Cuyahoga Heights

Week 4:
Chardon/Perry (if this is the Lake County version). Could be a pretty great game that could draw a nice gate. Or Cleveland Central Catholic against Chardon as a money game?

Week 7:
Doesn't seem SUPER likely, but VASJ/Massillon Washington?

Week 9:
Hoban/Dover?

Some ideas:

Week 2:

Week 4:
Chardon/Perry (if this is the Lake County version). Could be a pretty great game that could draw a nice gate. Or Cleveland Central Catholic against Chardon as a money game?

Week 7:

Week 9:
Hoban/Dover?
Massillon would trample d4 vast. If it was the 1970's it would be a great matchup not no

Marion Local vs Cleveland VASJ would be intriguing in week 1

New Bremen vs Valley Christian, Norton, Cuyahoga Heights, University school, the 2 Columbus public schools are doable for week 2 even if you have to neutral site it. Not sure why they're still open

If New Bremen wants a challenge, there's also Alter lol

Some ideas:

Week 2:

Week 4:

Week 7:

Week 9:
Hoban/Dover?
Hoban and Massillon would both destroy Dover and VASJ. In the 1960's and 1970's VASJ under legendary coach Bill Gutbrod probably could have competed with Massillon but not now.

Updates 3/3 - 3/9:
Week 2

Cleveland JFK @ University School
Linden-McKinley vs. Walnut Ridge - Location TBA

Week 4

Cardinal Mooney @ Garaway

Week 9
Akron Hoban @ Central York (PA)
Linsly (WV) @ Dover

Last edited:
Week 8
CitySchool
Bascom Hopewell-Loudon
Canfield
Cleveland Collinwood
Cleveland John Adams
Massillon Washington
Mogadore
Steubenville

I think that many of us would like to see Steubenville-Massillon (which many doubt will happen), but Canfield-Steubenville would be interesting. Canfield's program has made great strides since these two last played and Big Red fans would bring the entire house up Rt. 11.

I think that many of us would like to see Steubenville-Massillon (which many doubt will happen), but Canfield-Steubenville would be interesting. Canfield's program has made great strides since these two last played and Big Red fans would bring the entire house up Rt. 11.
It is much more likely Canfield plays Collinwood or John Adams or takes the bye.

Canfield-Steubenville would be interesting. Canfield's program has made great strides since these two last played and Big Red fans would bring the entire house up Rt. 11.
When did Canfield and Steubenville play? They were supposed to play in 24 or 25, but that fell through, so I doubt we'll see that matchup anytime soon.

It is much more likely Canfield plays Collinwood or John Adams or takes the bye.

Was wondering what your thoughts were.

When did Canfield and Steubenville play? They were supposed to play in 24 or 25, but that fell through, so I doubt we'll see that matchup anytime soon.

Glad that you fact checked me. I confused Canfield with Poland, who played Big Red in 2008 & 2009.

I knew that it was a team from the area.

Marion Local vs Cleveland VASJ would be intriguing in week 1

New Bremen vs Valley Christian, Norton, Cuyahoga Heights, University school, the 2 Columbus public schools are doable for week 2 even if you have to neutral site it. Not sure why they're still open

If New Bremen wants a challenge, there's also Alter lol
For New Bremen, I was actually looking at Warren JFK. I'm pretty sure they played in the finals one year. Obviously neither are at that level right now but seems like a decent matchup minus the distance

Pretty sure Big Red has played everyone in that area except Canfield.
Was wondering what your thoughts were.
Glad that you fact checked me. I confused Canfield with Poland, who played Big Red in 2008 & 2009.
I knew that it was a team from the area.
Canfield is 0-0-1 against Steubenville according to an old Canfield Football website that was last accessible around 2011 or so.
They played sometime in the 1920's or 1910's I think.

For New Bremen, I was actually looking at Warren JFK. I'm pretty sure they played in the finals one year. Obviously neither are at that level right now but seems like a decent matchup minus the distance
They have played twice in state finals. There is zero percent chance JFK would play New Bremen now. It would be a massacre. The Eagles are a shell of what they were just a couple years ago.

They have played twice in state finals. There is zero percent chance JFK would play New Bremen now. It would be a massacre. The Eagles are a shell of what they were just a couple years ago.
It was a massacre both of those games as well. I think Dave Homan is still running past the JFK defense. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.