2024 Massillon Tigers

Maybe they realized beating up on cupcakes like Central, Boardman and Mayfield wasn’t bettering their program. They’re a huge D1 school. They picked up Mentor and should measure themselves against schools like Medina and Mason not Central, Lake, Perry and Hoover. Jackson’s enrollment is way larger.

Maybe they realized beating up on cupcakes like Central, Boardman and Mayfield wasn’t bettering their program. They’re a huge D1 school. They picked up Mentor and should measure themselves against schools like Medina and Mason not Central, Lake, Perry and Hoover. Jackson’s enrollment is way larger.

Yeah I get it and that is true but you'd think they'd try to measure up with McKinley first. There record vs. them is even worse than McKinley's vs. us. I'll believe it when I see it.

Maybe. Their schedule has been set up by Betty Crocker for years, don't see why they would suddenly grow a pair after all these years.

Why?

IMHO, neither part of that is good... Don't care about a team from Florida (no way, no how), and if we're going to Cincinnati, let's do it to play X, Elder, Moeller, etc. And get a return trip out of it.
Again bro I respect your opinion but I just don't agree with it. In my honest opinion I feel like we need to challenge ourselves and if we got to play a team from Florida why not coach Moore is trying to put Massillon back on the map on a national scale and im all for it. I really enjoy playing new teams that we don't see every year .

Reactions: Bud
I honestly believe coach Moore has us on a path that is special. First step, being able to compete against anyone in Ohio. Second step, win a state championship 🏆, hopefully that brings more elite athletes moving to Massillon which in turn makes it easier to win more state championships. That recognition combined with elite athletes puts us in position to play games the likes of which are on ESPN. We play those games and win 🏆 we put ourselves in contention for a national championship. When you look at the big picture including our fan base which is passionate and massive compared to others we can become the desired destination. Ultimately we play the best teams this country has to offer and show everyone where and what Friday night lights is!!!

I honestly believe coach Moore has us on a path that is special. First step, being able to compete against anyone in Ohio. Second step, win a state championship 🏆, hopefully that brings more elite athletes moving to Massillon which in turn makes it easier to win more state championships. That recognition combined with elite athletes puts us in position to play games the likes of which are on ESPN. We play those games and win 🏆 we put ourselves in contention for a national championship. When you look at the big picture including our fan base which is passionate and massive compared to others we can become the desired destination. Ultimately we play the best teams this country has to offer and show everyone where and what Friday night lights is!!!
I agree, Moeller, Iggy, Eds and Hoban all had some playoff losses before they broke through and won a state championship. After the 1st one the talent started to really Flo into those schools and they all went on to win multiple state championships and were all nationally ranked with Moeller and Ignatius winning the mythical national championship. Moeller 5 times and Ignatius 3 times.

Again bro I respect your opinion but I just don't agree with it. In my honest opinion I feel like we need to challenge ourselves and if we got to play a team from Florida why not coach Moore is trying to put Massillon back on the map on a national scale and im all for it. I really enjoy playing new teams that we don't see every year .
"A team from Florida"? Well that narrows it down to several hundred.... And why in the world would they play this mysterious Florida team 4 hours away in Cincy? It's always so humorous when people make these kind of posts... "My brother's barber's cousin's best friend said that we will be playing......." 🤣

"A team from Florida"? Well that narrows it down to several hundred.... And why in the world would they play this mysterious Florida team 4 hours away in Cincy? It's always so humorous when people make these kind of posts... "My brother's barber's cousin's best friend said that we will be playing......." 🤣
Where there is smoke there is fire….
I heard it’s Pittsburgh Cath Central in a Classic in Cincy.

What’s the point of a message board if not to share what we hear/know? Why are we attacking anyone who shares what they are hearing?
I’m confused that a few people are acting like playing an out of state team is new and we haven’t done it before. They better get used to it. When you have a team like Fitch, that we have played 29 times since the mid 80’s, not want to renew the contract yet still have 2 open dates tells you all you need to know.

In most cases, I’d think that Massillon would want to play a “national powerhouse” at home. However, Moore is from Mason and (of course) used to coach at La Salle. From the outside looking in, I could see why he’d be open to playing in an event in Cincinnati.

Throw in a team trip to Kings Island!

I agree, Moeller, Iggy, Eds and Hoban all had some playoff losses before they broke through and won a state championship. After the 1st one the talent started to really Flo into those schools and they all went on to win multiple state championships and were all nationally ranked with Moeller and Ignatius winning the mythical national championship. Moeller 5 times and Ignatius 3 times.

What do the above have in common? I think is the larger key.

The phenomena you describe doesn't really apply for big school publics (D1/D2). It is nice to get over the hump and I get your point to an extent, but back-to-back is probably about as good as it gets. Obviously I/we would be THRILLED with that. And yeah, that W gives us a shot at least, and more confidence.

McKinley had one late 90's. Buchtel late 80's. Special classes. This upcoming sr. class for Massillon is similar. Could see that as freshmen. We'll see.

If what we are hearing is true it’s almost like when Moore was hired he had a checklist of the what the haters say and is just checking off the boxes….
Can’t beat mckinley consistently ✔️
Can’t beat any of the D1 powers ✔️
Can’t beat the big D2 private schools ✔️
Can’t beat Hoban ✔️
Can’t win the 🏆 ✔️

Can’t play games outside of PBTS ✔️

In most cases, I’d think that Massillon would want to play a “national powerhouse” at home. However, Moore is from Mason and (of course) used to coach at La Salle. From the outside looking in, I could see why he’d be open to playing in an event in Cincinnati.

Throw in a team trip to Kings Island!

A little harder now. He has to be open to just about anything. We need games. Cincy is not ideal, unless vs. a Cincy team and a 2 game series, but is what it is.

Last edited:
In most cases, I’d think that Massillon would want to play a “national powerhouse” at home.
One might think the "national powerhouse" would also prefer to play at Massillon. Look no further than week 1 of last year. Compare the atmosphere at PBTS to that in Canton. Which one would you want to play in?

Where there is smoke there is fire….
I heard it’s Pittsburgh Cath Central in a Classic in Cincy.
Why would a team from Pittsburgh drive hours past Massillon to get to Cincinnati? It makes no sense; Pittsburgh is two hours away. There are no great expenses that need to be subsidized or defrayed. And to play in a stadium that will be mostly empty?

What’s the point of a message board if not to share what we hear/know? Why are we attacking anyone who shares what they are hearing?
Not really sure who is being "attacked".... Just pointed out the humor of these kind of posts.... As they continue to be posted I will continue to find humor in them.... Is that OK?

Why would a team from Pittsburgh drive hours past Massillon to get to Cincinnati? It makes no sense; Pittsburgh is two hours away. There are no great expenses that need to be subsidized or defrayed. And to play in a stadium that will be mostly empty?

Because they like their chances better on a neutral field than in our stadium? And the dollars were the same? I don't know just my guess. Or were you saying to play it at Benson?

What do the above have in common? I think is the larger key.

The phenomena you describe doesn't really apply for big school publics (D1/D2). It is nice to get over the hump and I get your point to an extent, but back-to-back is probably about as good as it gets. Obviously I/we would be THRILLED with that. And yeah, that W gives us a shot at least, and more confidence.

McKinley had one late 90's. Buchtel late 80's. Special classes. This upcoming sr. class for Massillon is similar. Could see that as freshmen. We'll see.
I was going to add that the 3 schools Eds, Hoban and Iggy were private schools and it would be extremely difficult if not impossible for a public school to have those kinds of runs 6 out of 8 years state champions, 4 and 5 state championships in a row. More likely Massillon may win another 1 or if Moore stays long enough maybe 2. I didn't want to bring up about the private/ public debate because I didn't want any backlash from Massillon fans.